Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar: Mechari Q&A

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The WildStar site has been updated with a new "interview" with one of the Mechari. In it, some of the lore behind the mechanized race is revealed, as well as the basic personality type they represent.

Q: From what I've heard about the Dominion, I'd say you guys have done a pretty good job.

A: The Dominion has ruled the galaxy for more than 1600 years, and has conquered numerous worlds while doing so. Designating that achievement as "pretty good" is both grossly inaccurate and acutely insulting. For your own well-being, please refrain from doing that again.

Q: You got it. Given the fact that you're a "mechanical being," I'm assuming you don't have to eat?

A: Incorrect. Again. Like any complex lifeform, we require an energy source for continued function. Consuming food is also a useful tool for manipulation. Seeing Mechari eat gives organics the comforting idea that we are, in some way, like them. A most exploitable illusion.

Read more on the WildStar site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Cool. I wasn't expecting fembots. This game reminds me of Futurama. 
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Keep in mind that one of the primary purposes the Elden created the Mechari was to gather information and identify enemy subterfuge.  They would need to exist in both male and female forms in order to 'blend in' for spying purposes.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    I wish this game would launch already, it's starting to look like my only hope toward pc gaming. Im getting tired of wow finally and everything else is lame or trying to nickle and dime to much. Thanks for pointing out the lore q and a though I wish this was titled "Great news everybody Wildstar launches in 2 hours" :-)
  • BlueTiger33BlueTiger33 Member Posts: 158
    Female only races are pretty damn cool. So tired of seeing dudes everywhere.

I will never support freeloaders, no more subsidized gaming.
    My Blog
  • black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258
    Wow, i love the design, and that is an incredibly good looking character.
  • bakabrödbakabröd Member Posts: 129
    is it only females?
  • pbernard1985pbernard1985 Member Posts: 20
    The Mechari is not a female only race. The dominion video features a male Mechari.
  • Unknown23Unknown23 Member Posts: 47
    Looking forward to this game so much.
  • ZarriyaZarriya Member UncommonPosts: 446
    very cute!
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    there was a male Mechari in the "Meet the.." video
  • BlueTiger33BlueTiger33 Member Posts: 158
    That sucks. Really tired of seeing dudes running around everywhere.

I will never support freeloaders, no more subsidized gaming.
    My Blog
  • Moe4871Moe4871 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Originally posted by BlueTiger33
    That sucks. Really tired of seeing dudes running around everywhere.

Then maybe you should play Scarlet Blade with all the other girlfriend-less losers.