Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the best M.M.O.R.P.G. in your opinion?

WishWish Member Posts: 31

I'm thinking of paying for a M.M.O.R.P.G. and I'm wondering what M.M.O.R.P.G. is the best in your opinion and please explain why. Please be specific. If you know the link, please post it. If you're tired of these threads, please don't flame this thread. Thanks very much.

Comments

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

CoH.

Best combat system in a MMORPG.

Progressive progression, significant but never overwhelming.

Character customisation.

Freedom of playstyle(provide you like to solo or group and fight all the time).

Fast combats, in 15 minutes you can be done with a mission and have kils scores of mobs.

You are strong and only getting strongers, picking on minions and boss better with each new level. AVs and monsters will be plenty challenge should you want challenge.

Sidekick to group with peoples of differents levels is GREAT.

You know how strong you are, and it is easy to consider everything you need to consider to understand what you can do to improve(accolades), you are not lost and unsure about the road you have to take, you know it(great for many folks).

Strangely, despite all it friendliness, the game appeal to quite many achievers.

I never experience nicer players in general.

No player can grief you effectively.

Nice storyline the first time you level up.

Despite been superhero, you can change the feeling depending on how you play and which villains you focus the fight against.

Against:  If you are not looking for fighting all the time, then you should consider others games, it is a big combat mechanic(the best). 

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• prettygamaezprettygamaez Member Posts: 21

my opinion in your question is Risk Your Life: Path of the Emperor, i think that's the best upcoming M.M.O.R.P.G. wherein you can create your own character whether it is a cleric, a mage or a fighter and then you can start to explore the fantasy world that they have.it was really cool! and if you're asking about the link of RYL, you can visit this site for you to know more about it: www.ryl.net

• GhostExileGhostExile Member Posts: 19

In my opinion.. well my favourite is MU Online its realy good because it the same veiw all through the game so its not complicated and you dont have to move it around and you can always see what you are doing from that one place. Another reason i prefer this game is that everyone that plays it is realy nice. It also if you look hard enough has private servers too which means that lvl ups are easier.. The link for this site is www.muonline.com and one private server for the game is MU Alchemy but i don't know if there site is up because my pc blows big time but you can try any way. Its www.muonline.co.uk..

• CennCenn Member Posts: 239

Honestly, i have to say there is no "best" mmorpg.

it all depends on what you are looking for - and mood.

For me i have a couple of "good ones".

* for PvP and strategy: Eve-Online

Open PvP with repercussions - security standing and police in civilised areas, + lawless areas.
    Ships are highly customisable(with internals) to do a wide variety of things, and if there is teamwork/play skill even smaller ships can destroy the larger ships.
    Graphics are AWESOME and very smooth on my machine.
    Level-less and class-less system: I can learn whatever skills i want and am not bound by artificial class restraints.

* For quick "adventure": World Of Warcraft

Simply amazing quests and storyline that starts from the moment you step into the world.
    Really REALLY intuitive and easy to use UI, i introduced a gaming newcomer to this game, and she was playing within minutes of touching the keyboard - no instruction/guidance was necessary.
    relatively balanced class structure where you can beat certain classes, and other will beat you.
    Fully realised graphics/sound effects that lead to a nice and immersive world.

As you can see, the above to games are apples and oranges - totally different and incomparable to eachother, but both very good in their own way. On some days i prefer Eve, on other WoW. Although i have to say, Eve is a much more "group" oriented game, you need to be part of a corporation to fully experience the game, while WoW is very easy to do Solo.

• knaustknaust Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by Cenn

* For quick "adventure": World Of Warcraft

Quick?...ehy man, have u never played WoW? that game is so boring with all those collecting quests !! and thare is no quest that take less than 1 houre of play...

lol
    yes, i play WoW.

compared to ANY other mmorpg, its damn fast.

MMORPG is a different creature to a "normal" multiplayer game or CRPG...

If i was "fast" i go play counterstrike (and yes, i play and enjoy that too sometimes).

if i can get to lvl20 in a weekend or solid playing, its a fast game.

And the fact that you can sit down, play for an hour, and actually have achieved something... thats a great thing in a MMO.

Eve progresses very slowly, i can easily sit down with my breakfast on a saturday, and then notice that its late evening and i've only been getting the modules for my latest combat ship together...

• knaustknaust Member Posts: 2

mmm

Diablo 2 is fast... Daoc too is fastest than WoW... and than WoW is just a remake of a lot of Ultima similar games.

the game criticism is that blizzard made WoW just in earn prospective, and don't really mind to the gameplay innovation or don't mind if the game is exactly alike DaoC. Blizzard want to take possesion of MMORPG marketplace with a warcraft based scenery MMORPG...and this boring and noobie game is an unsatisfactory product.

furthermore, the most users are guys from 12 to 25 years old...do u think is a good thing to ask to this peoples a 13€ montly fee?

I think that opensource, like diablo2 was and like Guild Wars will be, will be the future gametype.

• waveslayerwaveslayer Member UncommonPosts: 511

What game is best is not really a good question becuase its really about what play style you are looking for. Go to the websites of the different games and read about them , if they have a free trial then check them out if the game sounds interesting enough. 90 % of the people here wont give you a fair objective review of a game. Your best bet is to research for yourself.

Godz of War I call Thee

• mauzzmauzz Member Posts: 27

Originally posted by waveslayer
    What game is best is not really a good question becuase its really about what play style you are looking for. Go to the websites of the different games and read about them , if they have a free trial then check them out if the game sounds interesting enough. 90 % of the people here wont give you a fair objective review of a game. Your best bet is to research for yourself.
    uhm... thats really good what you've said there, i totally agree 100% with that...
    all players like other MMORPG's so the best way to find out, which one you like the most,
    is simply go to all sites, read all revieuws (and 80% of games that are not "interviewed" are quiet sucky)
    and then see yourself, like me.. i read big stuff of Guild Wars, and that's my favorite,
    an advantage of Guild Wars for an example is no Fee p/m::::02::

mauzz

yep - as i said in previous post, it all depends on what you are looking for.

best thing is betas and free trials. :)

I soooo wanted to like Matrix Online, but the beta soo threw me off i'm going to give that a while until they give a free trial, or about 6 months, or when i get bored of WoW and Eve.

• mauzzmauzz Member Posts: 27

Soo "wish"..
    where are you looking for, like example SCI-FI or something?
    something with monsters/animals,
    Quests that take hours, or only a few minutes each?
    etc etc.
    maybe we could help you more after that :)

mauzz

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

I recommend WoW, its NOT BORING. Boring is EQ2, boring is SWG, and funny part is, I would still play them, but they cost, so I'm going with the best "bang for my buck" so to speak. WoW is just plain fun, there are tons of different quest types in the game besides "collecting". Its a game where exploration is rewarded
    and you don't have to worry about what monster to grind next.

• TheWarcTheWarc Member Posts: 1,199

Originally posted by elocke

I recommend WoW, its NOT BORING. Boring is EQ2, boring is SWG

You find those boring, some other people don't ( like me ).
  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

yes very, I kept feeling like I was working instead of playing. Now, I still like the games, but due to the "work" mentality, I am less apt to play them.