Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would SWTOR have to do in order to make a come back?

2»

Comments

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    Originally posted by doodphace
    Originally posted by kakasaki
    Originally posted by ignore_me

Introduce the planet: Sandboxus IV

-On this planet there are 25 new ships you can buy, to include star fighters.

-There are also new weapons like rifle and carbine for Bounty Hunter.

-Furniture exists on this new world, and can be placed in your ship.

-You can sit down in chairs on the new planet.

-The factions are actually at war on the new planet.

-NPCs really dont sell you much on the new world, everything is made by players or looted.

-To reduce the number of vehicles, multi-person vehicles exist on the new world.

-There are player made quests on the new planet. No voice over, sorry.

Sounds and awful lot like SWG pre NGE...

Because THAT game wasnt bleeding subs right?

At this point they could reasonably adopt a new plan of action i think. Thanks for the straw man though.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697

You don't know it yet?

These games don't make comebacks nowadays. They grab massive initial interest and dwindle down.

Customers have adopted locust tactics and that's how it is.

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134
    Originally posted by Pelaaja

You don't know it yet?

These games don't make comebacks nowadays. They grab massive initial interest and dwindle down.

and what do you do with locusts?

the solution is simple,,get rid if the players,,bothersome creatures

the next generation mmos will only have shareholders, and devs

no more whining, no more hacks, no more barrens chat

just a clean, family friendly product, and the endless stream of cash to the happy shareholders

but im sure , that some evil mmo players already are looking for a way to ruin it

• PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697
    Originally posted by simplius

You don't know it yet?

just a clean, family friendly product, and the endless stream of cash to the happy shareholders

but im sure , that some evil mmo players already are looking for a way to ruin it

Locust behavior explained, you're welcome.

There's nothing evil in modern players behavior, it's just how it is. No need to get upset.

There's so many games developed that it's only natural people don't commit themselves into one game forever. And when one game falls the other takes it's place faster than bamboo forest grows.

In other words, no ones ruining anything, players just act this way and companies that are able to suppress production times (like EA has done on some of their games) will reap the harvest. No more years in development and decades in production. If you can't live with it, you should seek for a new hobby.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Karteli
    Originally posted by tiefighter25

That's pretty funny.

If Bioware's spring Makeb marketing survey is to be believed, they do have a 2 seater speeder backlogged in the pipeline.

It seems too good for Makeb though, my money is a 1% drop from the high-end 3 dollar gambling box... if it got coded.

You are probably right, but plenty of people seem willing to spend their monthly points on those boxes... so I'll just get it off the GTN.

I hope the mount will also work with your companion, but I'm gonna go with wishful thinking there.

And finally, the more I hear about Makeb the more I feel like it should've been a Valentine's release! :P

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

I know I have my LONG list of things I hope they fix or put in game in the near future but I don't understand this "make a come back" statement.

The game is more active per server than ANY mmo I have played in the last 3 years other than their release periods. Starter zones are packed, fleet is packed, popular planets are packed. So much more can be done though to improve the game and I think that is what frustrates the experienced players.

Most games scream the need for content but Swtor also screams the need for quality of life changes. This is needed more then even content especially once the expansion hits. I hope that is their next focus.

You stay sassy!

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    1. Rework the entire engine from the ground up
    2. Fix the rediculously empty worlds and add swimming and basic functions that have been in MMO's since 99 at least.
    3. Get rid of F2P/Cash Shop entirely, or rework it to be actually usable like EQ's or Path of Exile's.
    4. Add PvP to the game (what they have now is an even more watered down version of WoW's BG's which were already only surpassed in laziness by their arenas.)
    5. Add spaceflight and combat
    6. Add some semblence of an actual Republic Vs Empire war going on, right now it's like picking daisies together
    7. Stop concentrating on rediculous pet projects and features the vocal minority clamour for. IE Makeb. Who cares, seriously.
    8. Add enough content to actually have something to do at 50 or 55 other than sit in the station.
    9. Rework the crafting system, a lot of people like this one, but personally it felt like more of a chore than the normal systems most MMO's use.
    Heck if they did half of this I'd probably give them another shot.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134
    Originally posted by simplius

You don't know it yet?

Locust behavior explained, you're welcome.

There's nothing evil in modern players behavior, it's just how it is. No need to get upset.

There's so many games developed that it's only natural people don't commit themselves into one game forever. And when one game falls the other takes it's place faster than bamboo forest grows.

In other words, no ones ruining anything, players just act this way and companies that are able to suppress production times (like EA has done on some of their games) will reap the harvest. No more years in development and decades in production. If you can't live with it, you should seek for a new hobby.

it was sarcasm,,youre welcome

remember , when BW made the players computers responsible for swtor bad performance?

i know mmo players are demanding, and often childish

but my point is this,,if you cant handle screaming kids, you prolly shouldnt be in a job, where they are sure to appear

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

For me, go B2P

SWTOR is a farce of a MMO (but as a game not so much), and wasted loads of peoples time and money in being created. SWTOR can be saved by going B2P, but I doubt it will as they need all the money they can get in subs or stupid F2P unlocks, to recoup the cost of the game. If SWTOR went B2P I would play it more, as it will be just like Mass Effect 3, and may even be inclined to buy stuff from the store, but the F2P restrictions, makes the game not fun, and I have ZERO intention on paying to unlock things like UI elements or pay for weekly passes,  and can only stomach less than an hour of the game per week, and I am not paying a monthly fee just to repeat the same content. Even after that I still would not play the game forever like I did with SWG, as once all the classes and choices have been done, then it is game over, but at least I can look at it like Mass Effect 3, and not a SWG  / MMO wanabee.