Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3 will have Offline Play on PS3/PS4

BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

In a big LOL and maybe even considered "slap to the face" to the PC gaming world, Blizzard confirms Diablo 3 for PS3 and PS4 will be able to be played offline and will also feature new mechanics like Evasion and 4 player shared screen local multiplayer.

Next they'll annouce it won't have a RMT auction house, you just watch!

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/02/26/diablo-iii-will-play-offline-on-ps3-and-ps4/#continued

/in before rage hits a new all time high!

*edit*

Is this old news? I tried to search MMORPG.com and honestly, I didn't find anything relating to the offline play confirmation. Massively just posted the article 30 minutes ago.

Comments

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

First i've heard of it, but yea that's probably a bit upsetting to anyone who wanted the PC version to have offline play.

I would imagine they have enough sense to patch it in for PC users, but I guess we'll see.

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    Blame the hackers for forced online only on PC. PS4 wont have that problem since it has built in anti-hacking countermeasures.
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Aww, consolers don't get to experience the joy of error 37 rage.
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    Sooo you'll probably get better item drops playing offline?

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353
    Originally posted by birdycephon
    Blame the hackers for forced online only on PC. PS4 wont have that problem since it has built in anti-hacking countermeasures.

This might be what you meant, but piracy in particular is the real issue.  Make a PC game have a purely offline version and lots of people will pirate it rather than paying for it.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Because D3 doesnt already have hacks, bots, dupes, and a pirated offline version of the game for PC right? Oh wait, thats right, it has all of thoes things. The only thing they did accomplish was making it take alittle longer for the pirated version. Bots I know for a fact started day1 and I know for a fact that someone has 20 of his origional day1 bots still running.

That excuse by any company is lame. Its simply another form of DRM that doesnt work. Even worse is the sheep that actually believe and accept that DRM works. The blizzard forums are full of sheep who are defending the BS.  I have never pirated before. But I have to be honest, the worse DRM gets and the more hoops I have to jump through as a legit customer is making me seriously think about it.

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

Who cares?

I really do not get this rage.

I went to the D3 forums back when this announcment was made and there were tons of "i quit" threads because of the consol announcement...granted most were there to sell another ARPG and are not players anymore...

So what if they bring D3 to the ps4?  So what if they have offline for PS4?

"slap in the face to pc gamers"?  Grow up. 

Its going to be a nerfed game as all consol ports are.  And if you think blizzard is pulling 5 of 10 of their d3 developers off the pc version for this, you probably think blizzard has 10 people working on D3 and cant afford other departments.

Oh another funny argument is that they developed D3 from the start as a ps4 port...which is why its going to take them over a year to get the ps4 version out...again makes no sense.

People get so over sensational with this game....its ridiculous....error37?  havent seen that since like september of 2012...but yeah lol

Oh and no D3 doesnt have pirated software since you have to play online...just like you cant pirate and download for free any other mmorpg and play it for free....still going to ask you to log in with your account and if your not paying your not getting in.

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830
    Originally posted by Crunchy222

Oh and no D3 doesnt have pirated software since you have to play online...just like you cant pirate and download for free any other mmorpg and play it for free....still going to ask you to log in with your account and if your not paying your not getting in.

Negative. There was pirated PC versions that was able to get around the authentication process by the hackers manipulating files. Blizzard took action and banned those accounts, thank goodness.

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386
    Originally posted by Falcomith
    Originally posted by Crunchy222

Negative. There was pirated PC versions that was able to get around the authentication process by the hackers manipulating files. Blizzard took action and banned those accounts, thank goodness.

That actually proved my point.  They wouldnt have known had the game been offline...

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by xenogias

Because D3 doesnt already have hacks, bots, dupes, and a pirated offline version of the game for PC right? Oh wait, thats right, it has all of thoes things. The only thing they did accomplish was making it take alittle longer for the pirated version. Bots I know for a fact started day1 and I know for a fact that someone has 20 of his origional day1 bots still running.

That excuse by any company is lame. Its simply another form of DRM that doesnt work. Even worse is the sheep that actually believe and accept that DRM works. The blizzard forums are full of sheep who are defending the BS.  I have never pirated before. But I have to be honest, the worse DRM gets and the more hoops I have to jump through as a legit customer is making me seriously think about it.

What hoops do u need to jump through? having your router turned on while you play a game... your right thats so complicated and a very unusual request.. a game that needs internet access what are games today some kind of massivlly multiplayer online........ oh wait.

See what I did there.

Any one complaining about needed an internet connection are just out to complain about something, entitled whinners nothing more. The always on of D3 serves a genuine in-game purpose it's not purely DRM, if blizzard were out to DRM their games they'd have on SC2 also but they don't.

Bottom line get used to always on in a few years it will be the norm.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

You mean, blame the people who did THIS?!:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/karstenstrauss/2012/10/25/sony-ps3-hacked-again-all-future-games-decryptable-no-solution-possible/

Makes sense.  I mean, the PS3 is basically unhackable, which is why it got hacked 3-4 times, am I right?

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• sportsfansportsfan Member Posts: 431
    Originally posted by expresso
    Originally posted by xenogias

What hoops do u need to jump through? having your router turned on while you play a game... your right thats so complicated and a very unusual request.. a game that needs internet access what are games today some kind of massivlly multiplayer online........ oh wait.

See what I did there.

Any one complaining about needed an internet connection are just out to complain about something, entitled whinners nothing more. The always on of D3 serves a genuine in-game purpose it's not purely DRM, if blizzard were out to DRM their games they'd have on SC2 also but they don't.

Bottom line get used to always on in a few years it will be the norm.

It's a privilage to play on line and have the pleasure to play with your friends on the same server instead of lifing 15 kg of hardware and slug it to your car to drive 20 miles and connect the things together with cables that never seemed to work in the first place.

Idiots will complain about anything these days.

Well let me be an idiot for once: I complain that here are still off line games ! Whenever i play these off line games I never have to chance to brag about my playing.

I hate off line mode./

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    Originally posted by Souldrainer

http://www.forbes.com/sites/karstenstrauss/2012/10/25/sony-ps3-hacked-again-all-future-games-decryptable-no-solution-possible/

Makes sense.  I mean, the PS3 is basically unhackable, which is why it got hacked 3-4 times, am I right?

Do you really believe that report.  Really?  No links, no substantiation, no verification?  Really?

There's no way to prevent sony from forcing updates via new games requiring them to function, that's how it is and always will be.   There are ways around this, as there was on the original PSP, but it requires a dedicated community of people too smart to waste their time with this crap to keep coming out with new solutions for games as they come out.  It also makes it risky if not impossible to play online. 

And this is on a console released in 2006.  You complain about 3 times they've been able to run homebrew, and somehow that's even a remote comparison to the hundreds of games PC gamers will pirate during the same period of time? 

I say again, really?

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by adam_nox

Do you really believe that report.  Really?  No links, no substantiation, no verification?  Really?

There's no way to prevent sony from forcing updates via new games requiring them to function, that's how it is and always will be.   There are ways around this, as there was on the original PSP, but it requires a dedicated community of people too smart to waste their time with this crap to keep coming out with new solutions for games as they come out.  It also makes it risky if not impossible to play online. 

And this is on a console released in 2006.  You complain about 3 times they've been able to run homebrew, and somehow that's even a remote comparison to the hundreds of games PC gamers will pirate during the same period of time? 

I say again, really?

Normally I question articles that don't provide more substantiation too.  But in this case, do you expect them to give you links to step by step walk throughs on how to hack the PS3?

Here's another article stating the same thing.  The entire bootstrap process has been compromised.

http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2012/10/25/sony-ps3-hacked-for-good-master-keys-revealed/

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by sportsfan

let me be an idiot for once: I complain that here are still off line games ! Whenever i play these off line games I never have to chance to brag about my playing.

I hate off line mode./

use software like Xfire or Raptr and brag away -- they track any game

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

... thus why when D2 came out they had Battle.net to host the stuff. The Online only was less done for hackers/pirates and more to stop cheating so they can cash on the AH to make more profits. You can't even do an 'offline' mode and cheat away with it if you wanted to which only helps (in what they probably viewed) a greater chance for people to pay on the AH.

At least it seems they realized that the logical is very flawed and they are trying to step away from it but still the damage is already done.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Originally posted by adam_nox

I say again, really?

The first link I posted was a google search with tens of thousands of results about the PS3 being repeatedly hacked.  The link became disabled, so I posted a single result from the search that seemed OK.  But anyway, all of this stuff is common knowledge if you follow any kind of news at all.  It was on all major the news networks.  I find it hard to believe that this is the first time you're hearing about this, especially after the 3rd and 4th hacks.  Have you been living under a rock?

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• OberholzerOberholzer Member Posts: 498
    I'd like them to patch it in for PC players. Hopefully they will consider it. 
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

The price we pay for having an open, more powerful, computing system.

Fine by me.

The online only D3 issues only lasted a couple of weeks. It's over now. Whats the problem?

Having a desktop or even a laptop that isn't always connected to the internet and moaning about recent games needing online only is like having a gameboy and moaning that newer games don't work on it. The world is connected now, if you arn't then you definately should be. 

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    Originally posted by Vannor

The price we pay for having an open, more powerful, computing system.

Fine by me.

The online only D3 issues only lasted a couple of weeks. It's over now. Whats the problem?

The problem is for anyone that does not have access to a reliable internet access (cuts off often, not powerful enough so connection to server is difficult, etc) or no internet at all.

With offline play, at least you can play anytime and anywhere you want without having to rely on an internet connection which you would otherwise not have.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by MadnessRealm
    Originally posted by Vannor The price we pay for having an open, more powerful, computing system. Fine by me. The online only D3 issues only lasted a couple of weeks. It's over now. Whats the problem?
    The problem is for anyone that does not have access to a reliable internet access (cuts off often, not powerful enough so connection to server is difficult, etc) or no internet at all.

With offline play, at least you can play anytime and anywhere you want without having to rely on an internet connection which you would otherwise not have.

who the hell games on a PC or laptop that cant even get on the internet these days?

very very few.

sorry but no, it is not a problem for the vast majority of people.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by baphamet

Originally posted by MadnessRealm

Originally posted by Vannor The price we pay for having an open, more powerful, computing system. Fine by me. The online only D3 issues only lasted a couple of weeks. It's over now. Whats the problem?

who the hell games on a PC or laptop that cant even get on the internet these days?

very very few.

sorry but no, it is not a problem for the vast majority of people.

In fact, even when i am travelling, i have internet at the hotel. To be honest, i have been playing D3 since release, and also other online games .... having internet is never an issue.