Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Player

AgentAnarkiiAgentAnarkii Member UncommonPosts: 173
hey so im a new player, really like the game and the style but i just cant seem to get the hang of it, any tips or maybe guides you guys can offer?

Comments

• DisdenaDisdena Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    There's a lot to learn. It might help to watch a LoL stream, but it's easy to be lost if you don't understand the game yet. One streamer that I like in particular is Ciderhelm. He has a lot of knowledge about the game and tries to explain relevant aspects of the game as he plays. (Unfortunately he's gotten a bit more commercial and many of his prerecorded videos include ads now.) His Don't Feed ____ series is especially informative and comprehensive.

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    My best advice, dont be afraid to queue up, play whatever champ you want, and practice practice practice.
  • RayvoreRayvore Member Posts: 6

For new players, I advise whenever you choose a champion I advise to chose champ with disable or has escape skills. 

• KimrilKimril Member Posts: 6
    Hi am currently playing this game... And for me I suggest you need to read guides depends on the champion that you want. Or watch some of the Champion Highlight of league of legends on youtube. For each champion they demo the skills :)
  • FailtrainFailtrain Member Posts: 129
    A good tip is to not let the (often unforgiving) community put you down. Keep trying and just don't give up, you'll get there :]
  • BombzawayBombzaway Member UncommonPosts: 78

Been playing since beta and the biggest piece of advice I can offer is that KNOWLEDGE IS POWER. Probably the most frustrating thing i remember from the starting days was the constant " WTF DID THEY JUST DO TO ME!!!"
    when you enter a game take those first 90 seconds to take a quick look at what your lane opponents, and junglers abilitys are try to keep them in mind: long range stuns, long range dmg, what abilities to mitigate dmg do your opponents have, SUMMONER skills etc.

Knowing how your opponents will want to try to kill you is a good way in keeping yourelf alive.

AND

Creep kills,

the more gold you got the more fun you'll have.

• AgentX9AgentX9 Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by Failtrain
    A good tip is to not let the (often unforgiving) community put you down. Keep trying and just don't give up, you'll get there :]

I agree with this post 100%. Don't let the mean spirited players get to you. A lot of MOBAs tend to have plenty of toxic players. Try to not let their toxicity spread to you. This can be difficult as we all have bad days. The most important thing though is to find champs that you find pleasing, practice with them mostly, and above all have fun. As for more in depth tips you should definitely watch as many videos on the game as you can stand. This is what helped me immensely and shouldn't be any different for new players to the game or genre in general.

• Janet_maryJanet_mary Member Posts: 3
    I have started to play the game and reach to mid level of game now need to know about cassiopeia LoL champion before I hit back AD Ezreal. Please help me.
  • KezzadrixKezzadrix Member Posts: 90
    Originally posted by AgentAnarkii
    hey so im a new player, really like the game and the style but i just cant seem to get the hang of it, any tips or maybe guides you guys can offer?

There's a lot to learn in LoL.  It takes a while to learn what all the champions can do.   You'll understand champions better by playing them or playing against them over time.  I am no pro at LoL but I have seen an improvement in my own game by practicing things like last hitting minions, not to over extend, patience and timing (you may notice your opponent has used 2 of his 3 currently available skills on minions, a good time to strike) and warding areas you may possibly be ganked from.  Try playing a little defensively untill you're better at these things and then get more aggressive as you do.  As other have said, the key is finding champions who you like and practice, practice, practice. 

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107

The absolute biggest game changer for me and my success was:

Creep Score.

I get 30-50% more than most people. So even if they have a kill or two, I am still ahead with items. Too many people worry about the enemy champ early on. By holding back early game (unless your opponent is really terrible lol), you can gain a ton of minion kills, and keep your opponent pushing which will help your jungler come in. If that works, you have a kill or assist, and your lead in creep score too. Do NOT underestimate this. I guarantee your game will improve with this.

Second, try a bunch of different types of champs. Try to find out what lane you are best in, work on it. Then move onto another lane and practice it. I'm comfortable in all lanes except jungler. Even then I have great games as a jungler. I just don't take to it I guess. 

• quksilver23quksilver23 Member Posts: 9
    My advice, play some ARAM games.  They are a lot of fun, rather short, and teach you a lot about team fighting, and mechanics.  Oh and don't let the jerks in the community get to you, there are a lot of them in this game for some reason.