Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you're thinking about giving WoW another try.......Don't

JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519

So I've been throughly disappointed with how crappy every MMO in the past decade has been so my friends managed to talk me into playing WoW yet again. MoP is easily the worst WoW expansion to date and frankly I'm shocked this hasn't killed the game off. Some personal reasons include:

-Questing was always boring in WoW but they went full retard in this expansion, making you wonder if the guy that makes quests also makes minimum wage. Virtually every quest hub in every area is: kill 10 mobs, help 10 people, pick up 10 items. I kid you not.

-Lack of design effort, every new area looks exactly the same or old zones with different hills.

-The new panda race is vomit inducingly cheesy. Asian themed pandas, they have cooking skill, they're martial artists, they're chubby. In case you somehow didn't make the connection it is a direct rip off of kung fu panda the movie. They're just missing jack blacks voice. Tragic

-Every new dungeon is a complete joke to complete. You know it's bad when you freshly hit 90 and the dungeons are easier on heroic then they were on normal. And they are afk worthy on normal so you do the math.

-I've played WoW for years during every expansion and I've never seen pvp as inbalanced as it is right now. Every class has a hundred cc's, they release patches every 6 months which leaves 3-4 classes to dominate for those months, pvp in general is much less fun because of this. Now keep in mind I'm aware pvp has always been a gimmick in this game but now it's full retard.

-They added farmville just in case you wanted to retain some pride in the game you play, not a chance.

-For the first time ever the game forces you to do daily quests forever because you need these reroll coin rewards to get more loot. Even pvp'ers have to do this to reroll on the pvp boss.....

-Even though the game doesn't look better it has higher system requirements, you can no longer play this on a toaster smoothly. Now the trade off would easily be worth it if there was a significant visual boost but i have yet to see it.

These are just off the top of my head but you get the picture. Don't give blizzard another cent like I did. With Diablo 3 into MoP they are losing they're ability to make a decent game. Square-Enix style

Comments

• Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346
    agreed on all points. i haven't played since path 3.0 went live in BC but my friend has been trying to get me to come back. i spent a few hours watching videos of the new content...i barely got through it.
  • SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by JimmyYO

So I've been throughly disappointed with how crappy every MMO in the past decade has been so my friends managed to talk me into playing WoW yet again. MoP is easily the worst WoW expansion to date and frankly I'm shocked this hasn't killed the game off. Some personal reasons include:

-Questing was always boring in WoW but they went full retard in this expansion, making you wonder if the guy that makes quests also makes minimum wage. Virtually every quest hub in every area is: kill 10 mobs, help 10 people, pick up 10 items. I kid you not.

-Lack of design effort, every new area looks exactly the same or old zones with different hills.

-The new panda race is vomit inducingly cheesy. Asian themed pandas, they have cooking skill, they're martial artists, they're chubby. In case you somehow didn't make the connection it is a direct rip off of kung fu panda the movie. They're just missing jack blacks voice. Tragic

-Every new dungeon is a complete joke to complete. You know it's bad when you freshly hit 90 and the dungeons are easier on heroic then they were on normal. And they are afk worthy on normal so you do the math.

-I've played WoW for years during every expansion and I've never seen pvp as inbalanced as it is right now. Every class has a hundred cc's, they release patches every 6 months which leaves 3-4 classes to dominate for those months, pvp in general is much less fun because of this. Now keep in mind I'm aware pvp has always been a gimmick in this game but now it's full retard.

-They added farmville just in case you wanted to retain some pride in the game you play, not a chance.

-For the first time ever the game forces you to do daily quests forever because you need these reroll coin rewards to get more loot. Even pvp'ers have to do this to reroll on the pvp boss.....

-Even though the game doesn't look better it has higher system requirements, you can no longer play this on a toaster smoothly. Now the trade off would easily be worth it if there was a significant visual boost but i have yet to see it.

These are just off the top of my head but you get the picture. Don't give blizzard another cent like I did. With Diablo 3 into MoP they are losing they're ability to make a decent game. Square-Enix style

Yes, because the OP does not like it you need to stay far far away... Because deciding for yourself is for suckers.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• SkymourneSkymourne Member UncommonPosts: 380

I'll agree with most of what you said, aside from one thing.  Blizzard didn't rip off kung fu panda.  Pandaren have been in Warcraft's lore since Warcraft 3.  If anything, Kung fu panda ripped of Blizzard.  That is a straight fact. Otherwise, i agree with your assesment of the expansion.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Slampig

Yes, because the OP does not like it you need to stay far far away... Because deciding for yourself is for suckers.

agree

its best to experience a mmo firsthand and not judge it on someone else experiences

• ArtaiosArtaios Member UncommonPosts: 550

i cant belive he forgot the pokemon thing!

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    Originally posted by Skymourne

I'll agree with most of what you said, aside from one thing.  Blizzard didn't rip off kung fu panda.  Pandaren have been in Warcraft's lore since Warcraft 3.  If anything, Kung fu panda ripped of Blizzard.  That is a straight fact. Otherwise, i agree with your assesment of the expansion.

Which is funny cuz the race started off as an april fools joke and is still a joke..... Lorewise they were just brewmasters with a sword. Now they copied virtually every detail from the movie. I guess you could argue the race is a copy of a copy. Label it however you like as it doesn't reduce the cheese of it all.

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858

Only thing worth commenting on....if you recall, they tried implementing slam your head on the desk hard Heroic 5 man dungons in Cata....the community flipped out....thus, the heroics are toned down, yet they added harder "Challenge Mode" versions of each.... At least know what you are talking about before raging.

Another pure example on why they have been so succefull for so long, they listen to their community and add content for everybody (casuals and hardcores alike)

• xtrabulletsxtrabullets Member UncommonPosts: 44

I personally  am having an absolute blast with the new expansion. Like many others I stayed away from WoW for quite awhile (WotLK is the last time I played). Being a forum addict I stupidly listened to the whiners negativity (which turns out to be about maybe 5-10% of the gaming population at best). For whatever reason I decided to jump back in and man do I feel dumb for listening to you retards (like the op).

Simple fact is your negativity will never let you be happy in a video game for more than a few months. I guess your nerdism is too cool to participate in the pet battles (which are actually fun) and check out the Pandaren race (actually has an awesome starter zone and decent story). 

While Blizzard has screwed up pretty bad in the past (like RMAH 3) they continue to do pretty well with their cash cow that is WoW. I for one am happy for new features added to the game and content. Some people are looking for something else and that's fine, but to say people shouldn't give WoW another try is retarded. It's people like you mixed with myself being stupid enough to listen to people like you that kept me from going back for so long.

To each their own. If you're out there looking to give it another try you should because it's awesome and the new features are mostly great.

TL;DR : Don't listen to this jackhole (and those like him) like I did for so long. Give it a try, have an open mind, and have fun! 

agree

its best to experience a mmo firsthand and not judge it on someone else experiences

You people are seriously on the wrong website then haha.

Why have reviews at all guys? That's just one persons opinion. It's much better to throw money and ask questions later because that's very intelligent to do in real life. Most people told me 2005 Kia SUV's break down often but that's not first hand experience, take my money Kia, take it now!

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

im not saying you are wrong in your descriptions and your disappointments

but I think its shortsighted to think that everyone will have the same disappointments

Originally posted by xtrabullets

I personally  am having an absolute blast with the new expansion. Like many others I stayed away from WoW for quite awhile (WotLK is the last time I played). Being a forum addict I stupidly listened to the whiners negativity (which turns out to be about maybe 5-10% of the gaming population at best). For whatever reason I decided to jump back in and man do I feel dumb for listening to you retards (like the op).

Simple fact is your negativity will never let you be happy in a video game for more than a few months. I guess your nerdism is too cool to participate in the pet battles (which are actually fun) and check out the Pandaren race (actually has an awesome starter zone and decent story). 

While Blizzard has screwed up pretty bad in the past (like RMAH 3) they continue to do pretty well with their cash cow that is WoW. I for one am happy for new features added to the game and content. Some people are looking for something else and that's fine, but to say people shouldn't give WoW another try is retarded. It's people like you mixed with myself being stupid enough to listen to people like you that kept me from going back for so long.

To each their own. If you're out there looking to give it another try you should because it's awesome and the new features are mostly great.

TL;DR : Don't listen to this jackhole (and those like him) like I did for so long. Give it a try, have an open mind, and have fun! 

The OP is completely wrong, I'm not going to list any reasons because I'm too smart for these forums but take my word for it guys.

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815

Which is funny cuz the race started off as an april fools joke and is still a joke..... Lorewise they were just brewmasters with a sword. Now they copied virtually every detail from the movie. I guess you could argue the race is a copy of a copy. Label it however you like as it doesn't reduce the cheese of it all.

Blizzard's longtime art director Samwise Didier originally created the pandaren race in his own art. It all started with a picture done for Christmas after the birth of his daughter. Since that first piece of concept art, the Pandaren have always been a fan favorite race (combining a heady mix of panda humanoids, Eastern-style religions and mythology, and even beer brewing monks) of Didier

Originally posted by Nadia

im not saying you are wrong in your descriptions and your disappointments

but I think its shortsighted to think that everyone will have the same disappointments

I'm not blindly expecting to be agreed with I presented a case for why I believe MoP is awful. If you want to fanboy the game at least be honest about it instead of trying to do it "incognito" like you are now.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Ah and so we come to the real reason for this post, you cannot play it on your PC that came play angry birds and thus it must be crappy.

See above, yet more non-sense from the MMO community.. triffic.

Originally posted by NomadMorlock

Blizzard's longtime art director Samwise Didier originally created the pandaren race in his own art. It all started with a picture done for Christmas after the birth of his daughter. Since that first piece of concept art, the Pandaren have always been a fan favorite race (combining a heady mix of panda humanoids, Eastern-style religions and mythology, and even beer brewing monks) of Didier

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove with this as it pretty much mirrors what I said in the quote. This is only half the puzzle, blizzard copied every single detail of the Kung Fu Panda movie, from cooking skill to unarmed combat to animations, art, sprites, everything, talking tiger/crane/monkeys, everything. Like I said, you can argue that it's a copy of a copy but still sad either way.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Good funny post OP. I cant say Im suprised seeing the direction its been going since wotlk. Luckily I avoided MoP and D3.

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove with this as it pretty much mirrors what I said in the quote. This is only half the puzzle, blizzard copied every single detail of the Kung Fu Panda movie, from cooking skill to unarmed combat to animations, art, sprites, everything, talking tiger/crane/monkeys, everything. Like I said, you can argue that it's a copy of a copy but still sad either way.

lol to be fair, show me how to animate a punching and kicking humaoid panda, and NOT have it look similar to Kung Fu Panda :/

Originally posted by expresso

Ah and so we come to the real reason for this post, you cannot play it on your PC that came play angry birds and thus it must be crappy.

See above, yet more non-sense from the MMO community.. triffic.

I was expecting to get flamed by a wave of fanboys using the weakest arguements imaginable and you didn't disappoint.

I was actually annoyed my friend couldn't play it on my extra labtop yet the game doesn't look at all better as a trade off.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by doodphace

lol to be fair, show me how to animate a punching and kicking humaoid panda, and NOT have it look similar to Kung Fu Panda :/

OP is trolling.... don't bite.

That is true and they should have been smart enough to not even attempt making an expansion that so closely mirrors a popular movie. The only reason it still managed to pay off is because every new MMO is continually flopping.

• Teh_AxiTeh_Axi Member UncommonPosts: 380
    Originally posted by CasaFranky

i cant belive he forgot the pokemon thing!

Thats why he gave it another try obviously.

• xtrabulletsxtrabullets Member UncommonPosts: 44

-Questing was always boring in WoW but they went full retard in this expansion, making you wonder if the guy that makes quests also makes minimum wage. Virtually every quest hub in every area is: kill 10 mobs, help 10 people, pick up 10 items. I kid you not. Hardly. I found alot of new quests that were fun (some of them actually halarious) Yes there are those like you mentioned but they are spread out sporadically enough to keep you entertained. Even the dailies have improved and generally by the time you get sick of them you are at or close to revered (as far as you really need to go).

-Lack of design effort, every new area looks exactly the same or old zones with different hills. This statement actually makes me wonder if you've even been to the new continent? Every zone has it's own flavor and scenery. It really does look amazing and maintains it's traditional art style while adding in a little improvement on the design and graphics side.

-The new panda race is vomit inducingly cheesy. Asian themed pandas, they have cooking skill, they're martial artists, they're chubby. In case you somehow didn't make the connection it is a direct rip off of kung fu panda the movie. They're just missing jack blacks voice. Tragic As I stated before go into it with an open mind. They have their own story and it's actually pretty good. The new monk class is a blast (while some kinks are still being worked out) and the Pandaren are cool. WoW needed a fat mans race. I say it's about time.

-Every new dungeon is a complete joke to complete. You know it's bad when you freshly hit 90 and the dungeons are easier on heroic then they were on normal. And they are afk worthy on normal so you do the math. This statement is pure crap. There's one thing you can count on in WoW (and every other game)... people are dumb and make mistakes. While some bosses are easier than others some do offer some challenge and to a group of fresh 90's you're very likely to get facerolled at least once. LFR's are nice addition for those who want to get their feet wet. They give decent gear but nowhere near the gear you get on normal or heroic raids (how it should be). The raid bosses in normal are fun so far (i'm currently 8/16) and definitely have some interesting mechanics.

-I've played WoW for years during every expansion and I've never seen pvp as inbalanced as it is right now. Every class has a hundred cc's, they release patches every 6 months which leaves 3-4 classes to dominate for those months, pvp in general is much less fun because of this. Now keep in mind I'm aware pvp has always been a gimmick in this game but now it's full retard. Cant really comment on this one as i'm not really much for pvp.

-They added farmville just in case you wanted to retain some pride in the game you play, not a chance. Oh no please don't add some new content that alot of people have shown they like. Take your dorky ass pride somewhere else then lol. Noones forcing you to participate in this side game.

-For the first time ever the game forces you to do daily quests forever because you need these reroll coin rewards to get more loot. Even pvp'ers have to do this to reroll on the pvp boss..... The daily quest hubs are actually pretty good and by the time you get sick of them your at revered and don't really have to do them anymore. You get more than enough lesser charms from doing dailies to get your elder charms (the cap is at a 1,000,000 for a reason). I could not do a daily for the next 3-4 months and still have enough lesser charms every week to get my coins. This is hardly a complaint in the fact that it really is so unnoticed and insignificant.

-Even though the game doesn't look better it has higher system requirements, you can no longer play this on a toaster smoothly. Now the trade off would easily be worth it if there was a significant visual boost but i have yet to see it. As said before it retains it's art style while improving it. The game is still sooo easy to run. Put together 5-600 bucks from your birthday money and build a rig and your good.

These are just off the top of my head but you get the picture. Don't give blizzard another cent like I did. With Diablo 3 into MoP they are losing they're ability to make a decent game. Square-Enix style Diablo 3 sucked. Agreed. Total Ripoff.

WoW is still really good though. Maybe they'll screw it up in the future, but they haven't yet.

Alright i'll entertain your idiotism (word created ;) ). See above.

• koljanekoljane Member UncommonPosts: 171

You just point out things you dont like and probably things you never like in WOW, and things that you dont like thay added in last few years. I could point lot of things I don`t like in other games but that would be my personal experience and point of view.

(mod edit)

That is true and they should have been smart enough to not even attempt making an expansion that so closely mirrors a popular movie. The only reason it still managed to pay off is because every new MMO is continually flopping.

Lotr is a popular movie...god knows how many other MMOs have races that look and animate similar (including many of WoW's other races)...You should prob stop clinging to this point ;)

OP is trolling.... don't bite.

OP is a troll because he disagrees with me, typical fanboy argument. State why or it's not me that's trolling..........

This discussion has been closed.