Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My opinion: GW2 biggest problem is

124»

Comments

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    Originally posted by rastapastor
    Originally posted by neobahamut20

Well, your opinion is wrong OP

The problem is lack of choice. You cant choose your skill bar. You cant find groups easily. You get gear-locked. You cant play Inquest (their motives are so much better than any other's)  and for you you cant pvp where you want. Others have to WvW to get cartographer.

Simply put: Players dont like themeparks.

Don't speak for all, i like themeparks.

The vast majority of MMO players do too.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by pedrostrik
    i would like to see GW2 with 3 factions and not WxWxW (aka serverxserverxserver), it takes lot of lore away to the game, but ffa pvp sux in any game so that would be not an improve.

There's no way to squeeze three factions into GW2. None at all. It works well like it is... the T1 server vs. server can get pretty heated on the forums as server pride begins to rear it's head.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    Originally posted by pongdun
    Guys please tell me if you agree with me (or not). When they decided doing GW2 they gone on a path like Lineage 2, where there's not 2 factions (like wow - horde and alliance) that you can belong, you are by your own and you can gather with other players do some questing, etc, just like Tera. But the biggest problem is that GW2 has no world pvp, you can't attack a passing by player for example. If you want do to some pvp you have to do Battlegrounds or WvW... this is stupid, they should create some pvp servers where you can have a real pvp, in the world... not only on controlled instances!!!!!!!!

What you consider a problem, some of us find a plus..  I for one don't want an open world PvP game..  I'd much prefer to be able to choose when I PvP, not have it forced on me...

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

I think Open World PvP would only hurt the game. The game is designed around events and many events require you to work together with others. Introduce Open World PvP and it all goes down the drain.

I DO miss the ability to challlenge someone to a duel though. I doubt they'll introduce it before they really balance the classes, but I'd like to see that in the game. Open World PvP is a big nono. If youreally want that, go look for another game, not GW2.

imageimage
  • TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by mikahr
    Originally posted by pongdun
    Guys please tell me if you agree with me (or not). When they decided doing GW2 they gone on a path like Lineage 2, where there's not 2 factions (like wow - horde and alliance) that you can belong, you are by your own and you can gather with other players do some questing, etc, just like Tera. But the biggest problem is that GW2 has no world pvp, you can't attack a passing by player for example. If you want do to some pvp you have to do Battlegrounds or WvW... this is stupid, they should create some pvp servers where you can have a real pvp, in the world... not only on controlled instances!!!!!!!!

Not long ago i went back to L2 and guess what: they now have buff so noone above and below 5 levels can attack you.

While L2 was great game, GW2 took a page from EvE: area for carebears and area for PvPers/RvR, though in GW2 area for carebears is much larger opposed to EvE.

WvWvW is open world PvP, if you dont want to go to PvE dont leave WvWvW, you can live there from 1-80, i havent yet heard good argument why griefing is good (and in the end what you want amounts to that, most funny phrase is "community will police itself" lol yeah it will )

However, they didn't  manage to read the whole chapter, they just read the first few pages and then said "TL DR". If they had continued to read they would known how important it was for both areas to be connected to each other, far more than they are connected right now in GW2.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by rodingo

You can pretty much level from 1-80 in WvW alone if you wanted too.  Taking keeps and camps is great exp and karma.  Not to mention there are plenty of npc mobs to kill.  Also, like others have stated, WvW is not an instance but a persistent zone where objectives and team work matter.  Sure it is reset, but that's only once a week. 

In a nutshell, and to answer the OP's question is "no".  I'm yet a another person who doesn't agree.  Surprise! 

I'm a pvp'er in MMOs and use that as my endgame like many others instead of raiding.  If GW2 didn't have WvW then yeh, I would agree with the OP and say that the lack of open pvp is a problem.  As it is now, I look at other game's that have "open" pvp and see that most havn't fixed the problem that encourages ganking.  When a game allows a high player mop the floor with a low player that can't possibly fight back, then THAT game has a problem.

A major problem is that many people don't seem to understand that you can fight back in others ways than through your own fists. In a properly designed Open PvP games, the low level player will be able to "fight back" against the high level player either economically, through bounty hunters or through allies. Once people realize that there is more to "fight back" than just using your own fists, they can begin to participate in real discussion.

• MuntzMuntz Member UncommonPosts: 332
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour
    Originally posted by rodingo

You can pretty much level from 1-80 in WvW alone if you wanted too.  Taking keeps and camps is great exp and karma.  Not to mention there are plenty of npc mobs to kill.  Also, like others have stated, WvW is not an instance but a persistent zone where objectives and team work matter.  Sure it is reset, but that's only once a week. 

In a nutshell, and to answer the OP's question is "no".  I'm yet a another person who doesn't agree.  Surprise! 

I'm a pvp'er in MMOs and use that as my endgame like many others instead of raiding.  If GW2 didn't have WvW then yeh, I would agree with the OP and say that the lack of open pvp is a problem.  As it is now, I look at other game's that have "open" pvp and see that most havn't fixed the problem that encourages ganking.  When a game allows a high player mop the floor with a low player that can't possibly fight back, then THAT game has a problem.

A major problem is that many people don't seem to understand that you can fight back in others ways than through your own fists. In a properly designed Open PvP games, the low level player will be able to "fight back" against the high level player either economically, through bounty hunters or through allies. Once people realize that there is more to "fight back" than just using your own fists, they can begin to participate in real discussion.

I think at this point it wont ever happen that this will be realized because there are so many choices that don't involve having to deal with open PvP. If say there were only a couple of MMOs out then sure people would necessarly have to adapt to what was offered but thats not where we're at.

I personally like the GW2 approach and disagree with the Op that it is an issue at all with the game.  I enjoy PvP I just don't think it is necessary to be everywhere in the game especially this one where cooperative action is designed into the game itself. To each his own there are games I don't have any interest in because of there design I'm don't think they are flawed games they just don't speak to me. 

• Astro6Astro6 Member UncommonPosts: 247

End game the end game in gw2 is horrible it turns you into a teenager girl looking for the perfect outfit.

I have one of each class at level 80 all geared out there is nothing left for me to do anet does not seem to want to give us better gear to strive for or more levels.

Tthe latest update adds things that i don't care about both me and my friends have stopped playing because at the end of the game it's nothing but a a material camping grind fest that puts chinese mmo's to shame all for skins????????????.

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    Originally posted by shiner421

There is a reason for that. Nearly Every single FFA Pvp centric game has failed. Miserably. Reason for that is: greifers! Greifers are why I refuse to play ANY kind of Pvp. I will go the rest of my natural life without ever playing pvp. and if all future video games were to go the route of pvp (in any form) only (no pve) then I would quit video games altogether.

FFA Pvp jsut doesnt work, and it cannot work even theoretically. Becaseu even greifers get sick of being greifed. In my personal experience, the only people I have ever heard complain about there being no FFA PvP in a game are greifers. Each and every single time, without exception.

I hope that FFA pvp dies forever and never comes back in any form!

BTW, GW2 is a casual game designed for casual players. If you want anything OTHER than casual then stay clear of GW2.

I do not mewan this post to flame, or demean, rather just to give my 2 cents worth.

Not true, only FFA FULL LOOT pvp games have failed, world pvp is alive and well in a large number of profitable games, developers just have to know how to implement.

• tintilinictintilinic Member Posts: 283
    Originally posted by snapfusion

world pvp is alive and well in a large number of profitable games

And those games are....
  • PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by Dogblaster
    Impressive! lol yea i'd probably be bored of the game if I put 1500 hours in already:P you got me beat by over 1000 hours!:)

But man :) Those 1500 hours were a lot fun. Everyone who didnt try guild wars 2 should give it a shot for sure ! Its like AAA+ mmo

I will probably play the game from time to time, looking forward to the new wvw updates.

But I hope you all enjoy it as much I did and even more and for years

I had fun with my time too, but I mean... if there was more purpose, more things to work towards... it would have been much better, it's sad that it only lasted me a month and that's why I criticize it so much.

Theres no rankings, no inspecting, no dueling, no statistics, no reputations, theres nothing to boost on your character that other people can see, on top of that theres very little progression to begin with... it's pretty upsetting as a whole.

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065
    Originally posted by Astro6

End game the end game in gw2 is horrible it turns you into a teenager girl looking for the perfect outfit.

I have one of each class at level 80 all geared out there is nothing left for me to do anet does not seem to want to give us better gear to strive for or more levels.

Tthe latest update adds things that i don't care about both me and my friends have stopped playing because at the end of the game it's nothing but a a material camping grind fest that puts chinese mmo's to shame all for skins????????????.

I guess it's a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't. There are people complaining about not having a goal in end game because there's no gear threadmill like in other games... yet when Anet does introduce better gear to work for (the ascended items), there's an outcry with other people complaining about them introducing better gear and how it's a slippery slope leading to a full on gear threadmill...

I guess you can't please everyone.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

I'm sorry... I'm too busy crushing my foes under my heels in the Mists to look for lipstick. If you can't find plenty to do at 80 it's simply because you aren't bothering to look... or more likely aren't actually playing the game at all.

Oderint, dum metuant.

Originally posted by Volkon

I'm sorry... I'm too busy crushing my foes under my heels in the Mists to look for lipstick. If you can't find plenty to do at 80 it's simply because you aren't bothering to look... or more likely aren't actually playing the game at all.

That's not fun when there's no rankings, no statistics, no gear, nothing to work towards in the mists... if I wanted to shoot at people all day and crush them i'd play Call of Duty, but i'm playing an MMO, not COD.

Originally posted by Pivotelite

That's not fun when there's no rankings, no statistics, no gear, nothing to work towards in the mists... if I wanted to shoot at people all day and crush them i'd play Call of Duty, but i'm playing an MMO, not COD.

The hell it ain't. I've been having a blast for months now there with my guild and server. But, for those of you that are stuck in "gimme" mode, there are indeed progressionesque things coming in March.

Oderint, dum metuant.

The hell it ain't. I've been having a blast for months now there with my guild and server. But, for those of you that are stuck in "gimme" mode, there are indeed progressionesque things coming in March.

People are different, I can find that same "fun" in PvP with many more captivating shooting/arcade games, but if I want progression in PvP, MMO style, GW2 doesn't provide that, as a result, just like any shooter/arcade game, I got bored of it really fast.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

So while you bash people for looking to outfits you want to be looking for something that say "bigger".

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter

So while you bash people for looking to outfits you want to be looking for something that say "bigger".

Like I said, if I wanted to PvP for skins, I would play COD. But i'm playing an MMO, PvPing for skins is fun short term, but long term the fun fades and there's no progression to keep me interested.

Like I said, if I wanted to PvP for skins, I would play COD. But i'm playing an MMO, PvPing for skins is fun short term, but long term the fun fades and there's no progression to keep me interested.

Pivot, check that link I linked. Is that more in line with what you're looking for?

Also, in the near future there will be ascended gear available through WvW, keep that in mind too.

Oderint, dum metuant.

Pivot, check that link I linked. Is that more in line with what you're looking for?

Also, in the near future there will be ascended gear available through WvW, keep that in mind too.

To a degree, I didn't comment on it because I read it the other day on here already, it is at least SOME progression...

Currently all WvW is good for is costing me my hard earned gold on siege. It's me actually going backwards...

I'd like to see inspect feature added, WvW ranking added, more cosmetic/stat benefiting rewards for accomplishments regarding WvW/PvP, personal and guild statistics viewable by everyone, etc, etc.

To a degree, I didn't comment on it because I read it the other day on here already, it is at least SOME progression...

Currently all WvW is good for is costing me my hard earned gold on siege. It's me actually going backwards...

I'd like to see inspect feature added, WvW ranking added, more cosmetic/stat benefiting rewards for accomplishments regarding WvW/PvP, personal and guild statistics viewable by everyone, etc, etc.

Regarding the gold factor... they've jacked up the loot considerably. People are, without exaggerating, ending fights with piles of bags at their feet now. So the money issue seems to be resolving nicely. (This was a recent boost.)

Inspect... no need for that. Breeds elitism. Ranking coming in March which will add the more rewards and the rankings will be viewable. I think they may be getting closer to what you're looking for... keep your eyes open on this.

Also the turning off culling in March should prove interesting.

Oderint, dum metuant.

That one i'll only believe when I see it lol.

Invisi-zergs certainly got annoying.

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Originally posted by shiner421

There is a reason for that. Nearly Every single FFA Pvp centric game has failed. Miserably. Reason for that is: greifers! Greifers are why I refuse to play ANY kind of Pvp. I will go the rest of my natural life without ever playing pvp. and if all future video games were to go the route of pvp (in any form) only (no pve) then I would quit video games altogether.

FFA Pvp jsut doesnt work, and it cannot work even theoretically. Becaseu even greifers get sick of being greifed. In my personal experience, the only people I have ever heard complain about there being no FFA PvP in a game are greifers. Each and every single time, without exception.

I hope that FFA pvp dies forever and never comes back in any form!

BTW, GW2 is a casual game designed for casual players. If you want anything OTHER than casual then stay clear of GW2.

I do not mewan this post to flame, or demean, rather just to give my 2 cents worth.

Agreed,I will never play any game that has a pvp focus. I dont care about pvp at all in games I play as long it is on seperate servers. For some reason in all games released leatly there are pvp servers and there are pve servers,what I dont understand is why there is lots of pvp on the pve servers. Like to see servers without any kind of pvp and those would be excluded from the pvp ballancing nerfs.

That one i'll only believe when I see it lol.

Invisi-zergs certainly got annoying.

I admit to a bit of skepticism as well, but I'll call it "optimistic skepticism". I am a fanboi after all. image

Oderint, dum metuant.