Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggestion on policing new threads.

Hello MMORPG and welcome to my first and probably only new thread I'll ever make here.

After wading through the multitude of puff posts here for the last few weeks, I'm wondering if the mod staff could be better utilized proactively rather then their current state, which is reactively. Would it be possible for new threads to be dumped into a mod only folder until they have a chance to look it over to see if it was postworthy in the first place.

The reason I suggest this is because I think stopping the "bad" threads before they generate the giant amount of replies they always do would go a long way in stopping the disharmony we see around here and save the site some much needed and probably expensive, bandwith. Just my two cents.

If you don’t do stupid things while you’re young, you’ll have nothing to smile about when you’re old.

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    think adding in a feature that doesn't allow you to start new threads unless you have over 25 or so posts would do wonders here

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    think adding in a feature that doesn't allow you to start new threads unless you have over 25 or so posts would do wonders here

+100

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • FARGIN_WARFARGIN_WAR Member Posts: 166

Yeah I see that as a really good idea as well. image

If you don’t do stupid things while you’re young, you’ll have nothing to smile about when you’re old.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by FARGIN_WAR

Yeah I see that as a really good idea as well. image

soooo many troll threads seem to be made by people who were banned and made new accounts just to troll more..

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    We aren't going to submit new threads for mod pre-approval, no. I will discuss requiring a minimum threshold of posts before a new user can create a new thread with the team when we get back into things this week, however. It won't be 25, though.
  • DaranarDaranar Member UncommonPosts: 392

Now just my two cents.   I don't like that idea.   One thing I love about MMORPG.com is that there is always new posts, people feel free to start new threads sharing their opinions, beliefs, questions, etc... (yes even their troll prints)   If you want to create harmony among gamers (MMO gamers at that) you are straight up high.   Can't do, won't ever happen.  We are just too darn opinionated and always right :P   

Also with total freedom to start new threads by anyone, you keep threads staying on topic more.   Nothing drives me crazy more than reading a thread and 5 replies later it is totally away from what the OP is talking about instead of starting a new thread for the new topic.   I love the MMORPG.com community because it is so open.

If I want a world in which people can purchase success and power with cash, I'll play Real Life. Keep Virtual Worlds Virtual!

• FARGIN_WARFARGIN_WAR Member Posts: 166
    Originally posted by MikeB
    We aren't going to submit new threads for mod pre-approval, no. I will discuss requiring a minimum threshold of posts before a new user can create a new thread with the team when we get back into things this week, however. It won't be 25, though.

Oh well, it was merely a suggestion. I'll still argue though that while it might seem like a large effort on your part, in the end it would be more effecient than your current method of having to wait until TOS breaking threads start to stink, and only culling them out after their intended damage has been done.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by MikeB

The minimum post thing won't work unless it is 100 or so, you will just see people posting "I agree" in 25 threads before starting their MMORPG.com banned me unfairly thread.