Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Requesting again for ability to filter out all but client mmorpgs

Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

Please make an easy way to search for mmoRPG's on the site that bears their name.  There is a way to seach for every type of game here other than client based mmorpgs.

Granted its obvious the site is no longer a home for such games only...please make an easy way for me to cut out all the RTS/MOBA/Sports games/Browser games....and let me create a custom list where i can notice when a mmorpg pops up. 

Its a total pain to find games, and new games that slip under the radar when most games will never get rated, and its nearly impossible to tell what type of game it is without going to the games official site.

Is there any reason we cant be allowed to filter out all the games that are not client based mmorpgs?

This site use to be awesome for keeping track of new mmorpgs, and now its spammed with every browser game under the sun, face book games, RTS games (you have RTS guru so i dont get this one) single player game, games that are not even for the PC which is baffling...

I get you want to make this a general gaming site and thats fine, but please just allow people to filter out the game types that dont appeal to them.

And ive said this a million times it feels, but the game list is a HOT mess.  Too many dead games "in development" too many games that will NEVER get rated which ruines sorting by hype, and tons of ancient games (while good games) with zero hype and a sky high hype rating from years ago when it was actually a hyped game.

It seems all attention is on moderating the site...couldnt we take a few hours out of all the moderators time to actually go though and click on each game, sort them perhaps by game type, and move all these dead beta and development games (some died years ago btw) and move them to their right spot.

Also peerhaps hype rating is too archaic since it seems to not be working, perhaps hype rating based on forum traffic would be better reflection on what games are actually hyped...that way you wouldnt have 70% of the games listed here as not rated...they would just rate themself based on how many posts ect occur in the forum.

Comments

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

You can actually create a Custom List on our Game List by clicking the Create Custom List button here.  Alternatively, there are a number of other pre-created sorting options at the top of the list there that you can select to sort the list towards your preferences. If you feel the existing sortiong options are inadequate, please feel free to leave any suggestions you have for additional filtering options.

Our moderation team does not deal with the game list in any shape or form. The Game List is a living project that is managed by our Game List manager. If you have specific examples of entries that need attention, I'll be glad to forward them to our Game List manager.