Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yoshi-P's 4Gamer / PCGamer Interview and LFTP V Q&A...

KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Seeing as many people here are asking a ton of question that have been answered recently, I'm guessing most have not read through these Q&As yet.  Lots of very good info in them, great answers and some incredibly awesome features coming for launch and beyond!

The 4Gamer interview is huge, so I'm only gonna post the link to Reinheart's translation on the official forums, as well the Live Letter is broken into separate post for each Q&A thus easier to just link then copy it all here, enjoy!

Some of the best new info:

• Summoner Job will be avail at launch {previously was not}
  • Looks like the Viera {Bunny Girls} will be one of the new female only races, with a new 'unknown' male only race added for the first expansion within 2yrs.
  • Gilgamesh is returning...awesome!
  • All NMs will be FATE battles {ala GW2 where everyone can participate and reap rewards}
  • Giant NMs like Genbu {giant turtle in the benchmark}  battles.  {will take several hrs to defeat}
  • There will be FATE battles in camps and cities too.
  • PC ver will get graphical updates as the yrs go by so it always looks good and pushes the latest hardware.
  • There will be chapters for the story ala FFXI expansions, with endings!
  • Magitek Armor mounts are confirmed, though not sure if we get to keep them or only used  for certain story parts
  • Hints that we'll be able to swim in water eventually.
  • There is fall damage, but you'll never die from it, dropping to 1HP from high falls
  • PS3 footage shown recently is only at 75% optimized.
  • Possibly PS4 release after the PC and PS3 ver are launched and successful 

And links to the latest videos and benchmark for those that havn't seen them yet:

Comments

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    I better book a day off work for Genbu. lol
  • NyrrhoNyrrho Member Posts: 53
    Originally posted by Cod_Eye

lol No kidding. What a fun day that would be.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Originally posted by Cod_Eye

It's fun to hear stories like that but I would never ever in my life could do something like that. More than half an hour of constant fighting a boss is too long for me.

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    Really excited for this title. Cant wait to roll a SMN.
  • PolyMaconPolyMacon Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Loved some of the long boss fights in ffxi looking forward to killing genbu