Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pre-Kickstarter donation thread. What are you putting in, if when its available and you feel comfort

1235»

Comments

• HoverhandsHoverhands Member Posts: 2

Considering there hasn't been a mmo released in the past few years worth even a dime, I think I'm going to hold off on giving money to anything that's in development. 

Kickstarting an mmo right now seems to be the definition of throwing money away.

• morfidonmorfidon Member Posts: 245
    Originally posted by Hoverhands

Considering there hasn't been a mmo released in the past few years worth even a dime, I think I'm going to hold off on giving money to anything that's in development. 

Kickstarting an mmo right now seems to be the definition of throwing money away.

You can get pre-ordered game for probably about 50% cheaper then when it will be released or through any game agents. I guess it'll be 30$ which is almost nothing and it might give you a chance to play something legendary. Be optimistic. This is the last chance something like this might happen.

• hpiquehpique Member Posts: 4

I'm 16 in school and also have a job where I work 2 days a week. I'll probably donate $100-$150 just because I don't really have alarge amount of savings. I've played a lot of pvp mmos since I was 12 with my fathers group of gamers that originated in DAoC.Which sounds like such an amazing game, lately I haven't enjoyed the pvp in any mmos. Our group is currently playing The Secret World, but you have to do way to much pve to stand any chance in the pvp... The only fun part about most games. Recently I've been playing Planet Side 2 Skyrim and Minecraft simply because of the lack of pvp games out. Guild wars 2 RvR was a ton of fun for about a month or two, when it got way to zergy on my server and we all relised there is zero progression. Now I found CU which looks amazing I only wish I wouldn't of discovered it so early because now I won't want to play any other games. 

Oh well though at least now I can try and help in the development, If everything turns out like his posts on his website it will be more than worth the wait.

• JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009

100-200 most likely.

Yeah there is a risk involved with KS projects and the game might end up sucking, but its one of the few ways to actually allow a developer to take some risks and make a game that appeals to a niche audience.

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    From a business point of view I see a 50:50 chance that this game will ever be finished. Anther 50:50 that it might be fun for me. So I would expect a 2:1 ratio for every €/$ I invest. Is there a chance I will get a copy if I invest 20 €/$ into kickstarter ? Probably not. So I pass, sorry. But good luck. :)
  • BordogBordog Member Posts: 34
    I have high hopes for this game and believe there is enough of a market for the niche it is attempting to fill that I'll probably donate $50-$100. It depends on the tiers in the Kickstarter.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

If there was a system of checks and balances whereby a KS donation offered the means to get the money back if it failed, I would donate to them all.

The way it stands now, I'll buy a high priced box collectors edition of every game that interests me. Unfortunately, that means development.

• kaltahnkaltahn Member Posts: 31

However much my wife says I can.  Lucky for me, she's the generous type.

No matter how much it is, I've given way more to other people/organizations and have ended up with way less to show for it.

• sweetdigssweetdigs Member Posts: 196
    Originally posted by Anthur
    From a business point of view I see a 50:50 chance that this game will ever be finished. Anther 50:50 that it might be fun for me. So I would expect a 2:1 ratio for every €/$ I invest. Is there a chance I will get a copy if I invest 20 €/$ into kickstarter ? Probably not. So I pass, sorry. But good luck. :)

Depends on whether your "value" for the end product would only be $40.

For me, the value of a really good RvR game with crafting/building as an integral component of that RvR is worth far more than just the purchase price of such a game.  There's really no MMOs out there right now that I'm enjoying, other than Eve, so how much is enjoyment worth?  Hell, I spent $15k on a week-long vacation a month ago, and although there will be some great memories that persist from that experience, I got far more enjoyment long-term from playing EQ1 and DAOC.