Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Update 2.0!

13»

Comments

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937
    Originally posted by ktanner3
    Originally posted by DaRoamer
    Originally posted by Karteli

The person said "I don't think hard and nightmare modes of exsisting content are jump up and sing praiseworthy. (More hitpoints, they hit harder etc.)"

So if you are presenting that the new hard modes are more than that as fact, that is your cue to actually post supporting data.  Otherwise it's just, "No, I think the hard modes will have new mechanics".

I didn't say "I think", the new hardmodes DO have new mechanics.  His statement clearly implied that the only thing that made them "hardmodes" was that they bumped up their hitpoints and made them hit harder.  That's is simply not true, the fights have new wrinkles that make them different from the leveling versions.

The proof is I've done them.  If you don't believe me then here is an example:

http://swtor.junkiesnation.com/2013/02/24/cademimu-hard-mode/

"Winding through the streets of Cademimu you’ll encounter Officer Xander and his droid EN-4C. The old version of this encounter was a tank and spank, while avoiding EN-4C. Now the fight has unavoidable mechanics that must be utilized to neutralize the pair."

Are they entirely new fights?  No, but they've been modified. 

There is other new stuff coming with 2.0 that we don't have info about yet, like the GSI reputation vendor http://dulfy.net/2013/02/24/swtor-galactic-solutions-industries-gsi-vendor/

The vendor is there but there are no quests yet for GSI. 

Look forward to trying these. 

And than you tiefighter for proving my point :)

I did sort of imply there were no new mechanics. I apologize, there are. Reading about the encounter, I was tempted to withdraw my apolgy when I read "Enrege Timer", but that isn't exactly fair.

If there are new mechanics in all the Hardmode Flashpoints and Nightmare mode OP, well, good on them. I'm still underwhelmed, but significantly less so.

But as to you point Ktanner, happy to oblige. You guys deserve this sort of update more quickly and more often via your sub money. Just my opinion.

SWTOR has a world meshed out, for the sake of rhyming alone, it should be fleshed out.

I may be unfairly harsh on this game, but it kind of warrants it with all its kicking people in the proverbial balls.

Mind you I'm a bit nuts.

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

I think it's interesting that the new PVP weapons/armor are going to be equivalent to their PVE counter parts , in the expansion. Should be perfectly possile to run around with the same gear for PVP and PVE. 

PVP Item-Level vs. PVE Item-Level | 02.28.2013, 04:57 PM

Hey gang,

Thought I would pop in and comment here. First an explanation, and then a change follow up! Previous to 2.0 (so WH/EWH land), expertise took a portion of the stat budget to exist. This meant if we took an item of the same rating and converted it into a PvP item, it lost other "PvE" stats to gain expertise. In 2.0, we decided that the item rating needed to represent the power of the item in PvE, and that adding expertise shouldn't affect that rating (this change also goes hand in hand with getting rid of the scaling value of expertise on higher level PvP items). The result is that Partisan gear in 2.0 has the same PvE stats as a PvE item of its rating (146), but also has a bunch of expertise on top of those stats. This new system should make everything easier to understand (and it simplifies our PvP item creation system by a couple steps), but it does give a weird bump in the road as we transition across the system change.

That being said, we 100% agree that it is weird and sorta crappy feeling that the new PvP gear has lower ratings (so lower armor values and weapon DPS values) than the old gear, even if the rest of the stats are better. In a future PTS update, we will be increasing the rating of Partisan and Conqueror gear so Partisan matches the 150 rating of EWH (so the PvE stats are an upgrade, and the weapon damage stat is a side-grade), and Conqueror gear is 154 (upgrades all around when coming from EWH). Additionally, this will increase the bolster target (since the bolster target is tied to the current highest tier of PvP gear), which will mean low geared players coming into the level 55 bracket will be even more competitive as compared to veterans with older PvP gear.

Thanks for your feedback!

Quote from SWTOR dev tracker official forums.

OT - The extra account wide cargo bay for just over 1000 CC is amazing , I have 16 extra cargo bays for less than half my stippend , he shoots he scores!

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• tintilinictintilinic Member Posts: 283
    Originally posted by BadOrb

I think it's interesting that the new PVP weapons/armor are going to be equivalent to their PVE counter parts , in the expansion. Should be perfectly possile to run around with the same gear for PVP and PVE. 

Hey gang,

Thought I would pop in and comment here. First an explanation, and then a change follow up! Previous to 2.0 (so WH/EWH land), expertise took a portion of the stat budget to exist. This meant if we took an item of the same rating and converted it into a PvP item, it lost other "PvE" stats to gain expertise. In 2.0, we decided that the item rating needed to represent the power of the item in PvE, and that adding expertise shouldn't affect that rating (this change also goes hand in hand with getting rid of the scaling value of expertise on higher level PvP items). The result is that Partisan gear in 2.0 has the same PvE stats as a PvE item of its rating (146), but also has a bunch of expertise on top of those stats. This new system should make everything easier to understand (and it simplifies our PvP item creation system by a couple steps), but it does give a weird bump in the road as we transition across the system change.

That being said, we 100% agree that it is weird and sorta crappy feeling that the new PvP gear has lower ratings (so lower armor values and weapon DPS values) than the old gear, even if the rest of the stats are better. In a future PTS update, we will be increasing the rating of Partisan and Conqueror gear so Partisan matches the 150 rating of EWH (so the PvE stats are an upgrade, and the weapon damage stat is a side-grade), and Conqueror gear is 154 (upgrades all around when coming from EWH). Additionally, this will increase the bolster target (since the bolster target is tied to the current highest tier of PvP gear), which will mean low geared players coming into the level 55 bracket will be even more competitive as compared to veterans with older PvP gear.

OT - The extra account wide cargo bay for just over 1000 CC is amazing , I have 16 extra cargo bays for less than half my stippend , he shoots he scores!

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Dont really know why they make such long posts...

TL;DR: "weve lowerd rating on PvP gear to match stats on PvE gear"

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

Originally posted by FromHell

Originally posted by LoverNoFighter

Originally posted by tawess

I want that too, count me in :D
      Well you can want it all you like. It will not happen. Partially because te SW fandom have said they do not want another NGE and mostly becuase it is not financially viable as it woudl call for a completet and total rewrite of the framework of the game. and the adding of about twice the amount of content that is in the game now (in order to make "real" living worlds and not just wide open spaces of nothing.)
    What´s the definition of "another NGE" ? Can you be a little less cryptic? What would upset the "SW fandom" ? If space combat changes from Starfox to X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter /Jump to Lightspeed?  If the game gets other things to do than repetitive gear grind, dailies or reputation grinds? If the graphics get upgraded from 2007 to 2013 ? If planets get a day/night change and exhaustion zones get canned? If speeders go faster than wheelchairs and feel like actual speeders from the movies? If mobs do something different than standing around like puppets?   Let me know what makes it "NGE" please, because in my opinion any kind of NGE can only make SWTOR better.
     Seems like you don't know what the NGE was tbh.
    Well they made SWG more WOWlike, called it NGE and failed. The remaining sandbox elements, JTL and the community kept it alive for 10 years.

SWTOR started out as a WOWclone and failed too.

Seeing any similiarities?

STAR WARS IP does not work with a WOW concept, PERIOD

No, the NGE was a bit more...it was not just stripping the game of 90% content, bankrupting players overnight and ruining a game which never left beta stage....

it was blatantly lying to the playerbase, disrespecting their vets, publicly saying that their diehard veterans were expandable in order to get the WOW playerbase in, getting everyone to buy a new expansion which was rendered unplayable and useless after that NGE went live secretly 2 weeks later.

all servers emptied by 99%. Servers merged to simulate a healthy population, and the game went on life support from then on.

THAT was the NGE.

SOE&LA found out that SWG players were apparently not so forgiving as they found other games to play...never to return...and the WOW community; many joined the 1st few months and left even faster back to their night elves kingdom when they saw how bad it was. :)

Lesson learned: don't alienate your playerbase. SWG is THE manual for MMO devs how 'not to run a MMO'.

NGE was a bit more then trying to change a sandbox into a WOW clone, it was about raping your customers and thinking to get away with it.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by BadOrb

Hey gang,

Cheers,

BadOrb.

If that's the case then why not just remove the expertise stat and be done with it? 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

i think the expertise stat affects the resolve bar

so  without expertise, they would have to tweak resolve  too

maybe im wrong