Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

even as casual it hard to enjoy game

Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

when game not working properly.

seems I don't care anymore about small repetitive content of this game, it's ok as casual game, I told to myself.

only I can't even play as casual either.

I try to log: log server got error (I know it not always, guys gonna fix it etc), but I had time to play GW2 now and will not have after some time, so it's finish for me.

No drama! It's free from sub.

Ok, lets move further. Suppose, next day I'll get in and try to do DE I like (for reward for example), bad luck: it's broken.

No drama either!

let's do something else.

Next DE can give you bug, or low reward, or no reward chest, but all good - it FREE, shut up and enjoy!

Go to WvW, all good when not mass attack on keep, as after I not only don't see players near me (= guarantee death), but getting lag also and game can just throw me out.

No drama! you just got bad luck!
let's do dungeon.
asking guild chat: 7/75 people on but busy; move to next guild, like 10 people on but already grouped.
looking friends list: 3/35 on, but busy.
starting to spam map or at LA or near dungeon: with some luck in like 5 min it will be contested, do said "DE", looking for group again.
like within 1 hour I go into dungeon, choose path to do, find out NPC bugged in a middle of the run, go out.
Some guys have no time for next try, so spam again, getting group, wipe, 2-3 leaving party, getting back to spam chat.

I call all my gaming "extreme fun", so I guess I prefer to go play Forsaken World, even if it not hyped and "noting much" asian f2p (as per many post here), but at least it has group finder, more to do (at least I can do mentor run or endless quests, or fish), and sadly, less bugs.

So please no rotten apples this time (already got my dose from game), but just simply tell me how I can like GW2?

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

Comments

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Game's working fine. I'm having fun. You're posting yet another negative thread. The sun is still shining. Our daughter's hamster is getting old. For a hamster.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

what is negative? it's just philosophical.
    here is much more drama, IMO:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/tech/Launcher-login-error/first

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Guess you gotta ask what do you look for in a game?.. Me personally don't do dungeons often but my guild is always looking for people to run...if its a problem finding people to run dungeons join a couple larger guilds and just represent a different one when you aren't getting help on your current one..I still enjoy just exploring around doing events and doing my story quests..I spend a good amount of time putting builds together for both pve and PvP then going and practicing them... If at anytime this gets boring I'll stop playing and move on..but at the rate anet is pushing out content I won't run out of new things to try/see anytime soon..

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• eliteroelitero Member UncommonPosts: 264
    philosophical Oh realllllyy now lol
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

Maybe you just don't like the game, and there's nothing that can really be done about it either. Perhaps you don't actually like how unstructured leveling can be in GW2, or how the DEs work.

I've run into some buggy DEs, but nothing game breaking, although they should be fixed. Some of the world bosses are buggy, which is a shame, and they need to be fixed. I know recently, one of the devs was talking about how they found problems in the loot system and are correcting that in the next patch.

I can't say much about dungeons, because that's not something I've delved into yet. I do agree that a LFG tool in game is going to have to be created at some point. Although, considering some of the horror stories I've heard, perhaps not getting plopped in with 4 random strangers is a good thing.

I can't say that I lag much if at all in WvW, unless it's a crazy huge zerg rush, and then I get some slow down, but nothing game breaking. Too bad Isle of Janthir seems to be on the losing end more often than not though.

• ShrillyShrilly Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

seems I don't care anymore about small repetitive content of this game, it's ok as casual game, I told to myself.

I try to log: log server got error (I know it not always, guys gonna fix it etc), but I had time to play GW2 now and will not have after some time, so it's finish for me.

Ok, lets move further. Suppose, next day I'll get in and try to do DE I like (for reward for example), bad luck: it's broken.

No drama either!

let's do something else.

Next DE can give you bug, or low reward, or no reward chest, but all good - it FREE, shut up and enjoy!

Go to WvW, all good when not mass attack on keep, as after I not only don't see players near me (= guarantee death), but getting lag also and game can just throw me out.

let's do dungeon.
    asking guild chat: 7/75 people on but busy; move to next guild, like 10 people on but already grouped.
    starting to spam map or at LA or near dungeon: with some luck in like 5 min it will be contested, do said "DE", looking for group again.
    like within 1 hour I go into dungeon, choose path to do, find out NPC bugged in a middle of the run, go out.
    Some guys have no time for next try, so spam again, getting group, wipe, 2-3 leaving party, getting back to spam chat.

I call all my gaming "extreme fun", so I guess I prefer to go play Forsaken World, even if it not hyped and "noting much" asian f2p (as per many post here), but at least it has group finder, more to do (at least I can do mentor run or endless quests, or fish), and sadly, less bugs.

So please no rotten apples this time (already got my dose from game), but just simply tell me how I can like GW2?

I have not had as much bad luck as you apparently apparently the whole game is bugged for you and i would advice a complete reinstall because there is no way all the content in the game is bugged beyond playability or there wouldnt be a GW2 at all. Now thast i got that out of the way try doing some hearts it like DE but quests remember those? And i can barely follow what your typing...at all

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

Maybe if you actually join a group of people and become FRIENDS you will be able to stick with them from game to game instead of just joining a new one with people you dont know each time a game comes out.

If you do that, new MMOs last longer. At least that seems to be the case for most people. Play with FRIENDS.

As for the other stuff you posted, I havent had any issues with DEs outside of the occasional meta events locking up in Orr.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131

No drama either!

let's do something else.

let's do dungeon.

Well the fact that you have been making nothing but negative posts about GW2 for at least the last 2 months perhaps it's time for you to move on and try something else .... I know for a fact if I'm unhappy about something I wouldn't let it bother me for more than a week without moving on to bigger and better things. Perhaps you have a more positive feeling about Forsaken World and that is reflected in your socializing there ...break free of your chains move on from GW2 and the forums about it “BE FREE”

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by Bad.dog

No drama either!

let's do something else.

let's do dungeon.

Well the fact that you have been making nothing but negative posts about GW2 for at least the last 2 months perhaps it's time for you to move on and try something else .... I know for a fact if I'm unhappy about something I wouldn't let it bother me for more than a week without moving on to bigger and better things. Perhaps you have a more positive feeling about Forsaken World and that is reflected in your socializing there ...break free of your chains move on from GW2 and the forums about it “BE FREE”

Yes, in all honesty this needs to be done.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Originally posted by RizelStar

No drama either!

let's do something else.

let's do dungeon.

Yes, in all honesty this needs to be done.

I agree with this and I have personally called the OP out on this on numberous threads now. The block button doesn't block threads started by said person unfortunately nor does it block the contents when quoted.  /sigh

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

No drama either!

let's do something else.

let's do dungeon.

You see these forums is all about troll,hate and bash, no point in asking why it happends It's just do.

Only reason I can think off is that mmorpg.com wants it to spice up the "discussion" and in the end we all talk in circle until the topic is locked.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by Volkon
    Game's working fine. I'm having fun. You're posting yet another negative thread. The sun is still shining. Our daughter's hamster is getting old. For a hamster.

Its not at all unusual for there to be those types of "issues" in the game.  I ran into quite a number myself.   Its one of the contributing factors for me eventually leaving the game.  Hopefully, AN will get things sorted out in the fullness of time.

Your hamster isn't the only one getting old... ^^

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Well eh... I can't really say that Bugs/issues should be a cause to not enjoy it but at the same time it can't be used as an argument against casual. Game not working? Yeah, it can be. Bugs are apart of all games and while I don't think its as perfect as some people here will claim it to be, I just doubt it being far to buggy to prevent play at every turn. Back at launch when I played, I do remember an entire zone having the events bugged out making the area near unplayable for a good while but there still was other stuff to do.

I don't know though I could always be just downplaying the issues. Bugs would effect everyone not just casuals and I'm sure the game has it, in fact I'd bet all of what I have that there are bugs in the game (its pretty much a safe gamble in virtually any game out there)

Still, I do agree with points you make about having 'stuff to do' and all. The lack of a dungeon finder, specialyl in a casual game is a bit distasteful (don't give me that bull that it demotes socializing, spamming "LFG ****" isn't being social and conversations can easily happen within the group if the PLAYERS allow it) and I do feel it lacks real content to do, much of it being far to grindy for its simplisity. While I'm sure there will be more added to do down the road in truth GW2 is just lacking on those areas of things to do right out the gate which isn't a very good thing. 

I personally feel GW2 is made with a casual in mind making combat very easy once you figure out what the dodge button is and attempting to make things easily obtainable (in terms of 'best gear') though recent updates do seem to be trying to pull away from this a little which, while I feel it weakens the P2W aspect  at least slightly, its pushing grinding which casuals probably won't want to do/have time to do and it just generally seems to be shunning casual players the design really feels like its attempting draw in. Hopefully they add in some more 'glitter' as you might call it like mini games or other content to really give more behind the game to waste time with. 

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Purutzil

Well eh... I can't really say that Bugs/issues should be a cause to not enjoy it but at the same time it can't be used as an argument against casual. Game not working? Yeah, it can be. Bugs are apart of all games and while I don't think its as perfect as some people here will claim it to be, I just doubt it being far to buggy to prevent play at every turn. Back at launch when I played, I do remember an entire zone having the events bugged out making the area near unplayable for a good while but there still was other stuff to do.

I don't know though I could always be just downplaying the issues. Bugs would effect everyone not just casuals and I'm sure the game has it, in fact I'd bet all of what I have that there are bugs in the game (its pretty much a safe gamble in virtually any game out there)

Still, I do agree with points you make about having 'stuff to do' and all. The lack of a dungeon finder, specialyl in a casual game is a bit distasteful (don't give me that bull that it demotes socializing, spamming "LFG ****" isn't being social and conversations can easily happen within the group if the PLAYERS allow it) and I do feel it lacks real content to do, much of it being far to grindy for its simplisity. While I'm sure there will be more added to do down the road in truth GW2 is just lacking on those areas of things to do right out the gate which isn't a very good thing. 

I personally feel GW2 is made with a casual in mind making combat very easy once you figure out what the dodge button is and attempting to make things easily obtainable (in terms of 'best gear') though recent updates do seem to be trying to pull away from this a little which, while I feel it weakens the P2W aspect  at least slightly, its pushing grinding which casuals probably won't want to do/have time to do and it just generally seems to be shunning casual players the design really feels like its attempting draw in. Hopefully they add in some more 'glitter' as you might call it like mini games or other content to really give more behind the game to waste time with. 

then why is it so many have issues in combat and die frequently? and when the dailys got added why did so many have such an issue completeing the dodge one? not to mention i have seen numerous times on these forums people complain about this game having nothing but dps or only a single roll which is utter bull..

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

No drama either!

let's do something else.

let's do dungeon.

You either like GW2 for what it is or you don't, its not a traditional MMO.  For me it is  big dissapointment, but I moved on, nobody can make you like or dislike a game.  Go find something else to enjoy.

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    making combat very easy

Its still harder than any trinity game, so what exactly are you looking for (or suggesting)?

And to OP: hey, maybe sun wont rise tomorrow, wouldnt that be a bummer? Bigger than your supposed GW2 "troubles"?

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

I don't have any server or connection issues since the headstart. 950+ hours logged and I'm still having fun.

The OPs experience is extremely atypical.

The game is great for casuals who can adapt to the superb, but somewhat different, game design. It also has a lot for people who play a lot more than a casual schedule.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346
    everyone is tired of the OP's shit, even the people who hate the game.
  • Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

Originally posted by fiontar
    I don't have any server or connection issues since the headstart. 950+ hours logged and I'm still having fun.The OPs experience is extremely atypical.The game is great for casuals who can adapt to the superb, but somewhat different, game design. It also has a lot for people who play a lot more than a casual schedule.

I was sure it's just me and thought it's my comp or corrupted game files. Then I looked GW2 forum and found tons of players with same issues, pages of posts.
    Main problem is: game got bugs -> guys fix bugs -> game works, BUT: update/maintenance bring new content and seems like all BUGS back, so these days better not to get in! then all cycle will go on again till next update etc.

As I told I need to get why I was so hyped by this game, what I miss to enjoy there, what for I've payed 60$ instate to spend it for WoW sub, for example.

So advice as you don't like game - move out and don't post here, I can't accept sorry. You still free not to read my posts, though.
    I don't HATE this game or I would never come back again even as casual.
    It just more or less disappointing experience now, with big hope for all fixed in near future. This last hope push me to share my impressions and frustrations with you, guys, even these who don't want to listen but somehow continue to do it.

Also by posting my honest impressions I may be save someone from having similar disappointment as I have.
    Unfortunately, I found only "pink glasses" posts when I hesitated to buy GW2. As game described as great, fun etc, I got it too (+ my hype for years). Seems it was a very wrong choice. I guess I would prefer to start (if ever I would do it) this game once it polished, established, figured out, found the way to progress etc.
    I guess maybe after 1 year it will be done. I guess underdeveloped games are not for me, I need final product and not half-cooked, seems I do not appreciate post-release beta-creativity.

Sorry again if I heart someone feelings, but I guess we need to tell other part of truth to guys who hesitate to buy this game now.

Again, my opinion is only mines, and what I like other guy may not like and vice versa.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

Just move on Laly, you won't find any support here for valid concerns with this game. Pretty sure half of these people work with Anet image

j/k of course.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• ShrillyShrilly Member UncommonPosts: 421

Originally posted by fiontar
    I don't have any server or connection issues since the headstart. 950+ hours logged and I'm still having fun.

The OPs experience is extremely atypical.

The game is great for casuals who can adapt to the superb, but somewhat different, game design. It also has a lot for people who play a lot more than a casual schedule.

I was sure it's just me and thought it's my comp or corrupted game files. Then I looked GW2 forum and found tons of players with same issues, pages of posts.
    Main problem is: game got bugs -> guys fix bugs -> game works, BUT: update/maintenance bring new content and seems like all BUGS back, so these days better not to get in! then all cycle will go on again till next update etc.

As I told I need to get why I was so hyped by this game, what I miss to enjoy there, what for I've payed 60$ instate to spend it for WoW sub, for example.

So advice as you don't like game - move out and don't post here, I can't accept sorry. You still free not to read my posts, though.
    I don't HATE this game or I would never come back again even as casual.
    It just more or less disappointing experience now, with big hope for all fixed in near future. This last hope push me to share my impressions and frustrations with you, guys, even these who don't want to listen but somehow continue to do it.

Also by posting my honest impressions I may be save someone from having similar disappointment as I have.
    Unfortunately, I found only "pink glasses" posts when I hesitated to buy GW2. As game described as great, fun etc, I got it too (+ my hype for years). Seems it was a very wrong choice. I guess I would prefer to start (if ever I would do it) this game once it polished, established, figured out, found the way to progress etc.
    I guess maybe after 1 year it will be done. I guess underdeveloped games are not for me, I need final product and not half-cooked, seems I do not appreciate post-release beta-creativity.

Sorry again if I heart someone feelings, but I guess we need to tell other part of truth to guys who hesitate to buy this game now.

Again, my opinion is only mines, and what I like other guy may not like and vice versa.

Go take an english siminar before continueing discussion in said language. thats priority number one because i still can barely get what your saying. Second I will say this again the game isnt broken beyond playability which you make it out to seem your here to bash a title and start a thread maybe get some spotlight. Just quit the game and never look back I am sure you would be doing the GW2 community a favor since it seems you bug them about your game problems also. ALSO I am looking at recent posts on GW2 and your in them giving ideas how about you do that than be so negative you really going to play it like that? "man this game sucks," "they should add random arenas blah blah blah" choose one or the other.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

No drama either!

let's do something else.

let's do dungeon.

Maybe it's the gods of gaming trying to tell you that GW2 is not for you.  In fact I think they have been trying to tell you to move on to all things that are NOT GW2 for quite some time but you are not harkening to their message!   Take heed!

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

Originally posted by Aeonblades

Just move on Laly, you won't find any support here for valid concerns with this game. Pretty sure half of these people work with Anet image

j/k of course.

How could he?  This isn't Anet's tech support forum.  If you mean moral support then you know as much as I do that their are plentyy of people here that don't like the game that will be happy to post here to remind us all, yet again.  Pretty sure half of them work for Blizzard image

j/k of course

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by rodingo

j/k of course.

How could he?  This isn't Anet's tech support forum.  If you mean moral support then you know as much as I do that their are plentyy of people here that don't like the game that will be happy to post here to remind us all, yet again.  Pretty sure half of them work for Blizzard image

j/k of course

Cool, another guy calling everyone Blizzard fanboys because they don't like what he likes. This is new and different! Blizzard sucks a lot worse than Anet ever could if that's any consolation.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

Originally posted by rodingo

j/k of course.

j/k of course

Cool, another guy calling everyone Blizzard fanboys because they don't like what he likes. This is new and different! Blizzard sucks a lot worse than Anet ever could if that's any consolation.

Hypocrite much ?

I guess you didn't see what I did in my previous post.  No biggie...

edit: for spelling :)