Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please bring back massive non-instanced pvp dungeon.

I miss darkness falls raids and the ever growing threat of another realm as they obtained accesss to the dungeon. Even farming mobs was interesting, knowing that I could be ganked at any moment. I loved the complexity and the sheer size of these dungeons. Please give us one massive pvp dungeon in this promising rvr madness.

Comments

• SmorakSmorak Member Posts: 62
    As long as you can't log off inside
  • Ramones274Ramones274 Member Posts: 366
    Originally posted by Smorak
    As long as you can't log off inside

That was part of the fun!

There are two kinds of people in this world. People who pick their nose.. and liars.

• KvalandurKvalandur Member Posts: 31
    I remember when Darkness Falls came out, that was chaotic madness! Loved it :)   Battling it out with mobs, then suddenly you were bombed by a group that just got access to the dungeon, great fun!
  • azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

which part of no pve dont you understand?

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• SyrixIISyrixII Member Posts: 43
    Originally posted by azmundai

which part of no pve dont you understand?

You sir are apparently not reading and listening to MJ. He has said that statement meant that there will be no PvE quests, PvE leveling or any of the traditional PvE mechanics. He has also said that there would be NPC guards, animals and other such stuff. It is entirely possible to have something like a massive underground mine with valuable ores for crafters that the realms fight over and gain/lose access to based on certain conditions. Those mines could very well include NPC guards from the faction that controls it, or even possibly a dragon (no not for gear looting, but just for shear fun to kill, maybe even get scales from it for crafters to make special gear with). It doesn't have to be "PvE" in the sense that you are thinking of it and it doesn't have to even have the dragon reference. It could just be NPC guards, with higher levels NPC leaders or generals in there that help the realm that controls it.

Do I want this type of idea, I don't know, probably NOT. I prefer keep sieges and such in an open land environment. But it doesn't mean it can't exist!

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Originally posted by SyrixII

Originally posted by azmundai which part of no pve dont you understand?
    You sir are apparently not reading and listening to MJ. He has said that statement meant that there will be no PvE quests, PvE leveling or any of the traditional PvE mechanics. He has also said that there would be NPC guards, animals and other such stuff. It is entirely possible to have something like a massive underground mine with valuable ores for crafters that the realms fight over and gain/lose access to based on certain conditions. Those mines could very well include NPC guards from the faction that controls it, or even possibly a dragon (no not for gear looting, but just for shear fun to kill, maybe even get scales from it for crafters to make special gear with). It doesn't have to be "PvE" in the sense that you are thinking of it and it doesn't have to even have the dragon reference. It could just be NPC guards, with higher levels NPC leaders or generals in there that help the realm that controls it.

Do I want this type of idea, I don't know, probably NOT. I prefer keep sieges and such in an open land environment. But it doesn't mean it can't exist!

he is asking for a somewhat huge "sheer size" dungeon (not a mining cave) with a lot of complexity (I doubt he is talking about a maze but rather patrols, traps, ((insert random pve element here)), etc). I think I read that just fine, thanks.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• SyrixIISyrixII Member Posts: 43
    Originally posted by azmundai

Originally posted by SyrixII

Originally posted by azmundai which part of no pve dont you understand?

he is asking for a somewhat huge "sheer size" dungeon (not a mining cave) with a lot of complexity (I doubt he is talking about a maze but rather patrols, traps, ((insert random pve element here)), etc). I think I read that just fine, thanks.

I am aware of what he's asking. I played darkness falls and stood at the steps many many many nights of my life. I'm just trying to envision how it could fit into a game designed the way MJ has presented this game to be built. I think it very well could be built into it. I don't neccessarily want it to, but it could be done. And I wasn't talking a a "cave", i was referring to a massive underground complex. Think of DnD and the Underdark. Massive in size but controlled by one of the realms based on above ground fighting. and full of resources not accessabli in the above ground world. NOT a "cave"...