Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AAA MMOs with 10-20 minute daily maintenance?

Lately I have been craving a game that I can put time into when I want, but something that I can log into for a bit everyday just real fast to take care of a couple things that I needed to do.  I am thinking back to SWG when I would log in, reply to emails, check my vendors to see if they need restocking, pick up goods from harvesters.  It didn't take too long but gave me something to do everyday just for 10-20 minutes.

Today I am playing GW2 and Planetside 2.  But honestly I have lost interest.  I feel like I need to log in to each for at least 45 minutes at a time to make substaintial progress.  GW2 I usually will run a dungeon or something when I log in, so that will take even longer.  PS2 tends to be an all day venture where I join my outfit on teamspeak and play for hours and hours.

I know there are a lot of games (including PS2 and GW2) that you can log into for 20 minutes and do -something-.  I would like to find a game that rewards me for logging in short periods ala SWG was.

Any recommendations?

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

Comments

• Salio69Salio69 Member CommonPosts: 428
    EvE Online
  • AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

I did give eve a try at one time but for whatever reason I found it to be one of the dullest games I have ever played personally.  I do enjoy reading about the craziness of it though online, they've definitely created a virtual world and that is cool.  I am reading a review for archeage and it seems to be the only modern game with good graphics (not in outer space) that rewards players for logging in and managing resources/etc shortly each day:

http://www.aionsource.com/topic/135076-review-archeage/

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704
    I am hoping someone else has an opinion and could help me out with a suggestion?

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    FarmVille?
  • jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

You cant be serious...

You liked SWG because you could collect from harvesters and log out in 10-20 minutes but you dont like GW2 because you cant run a dungeon in that amount of time?!?

You could log in and go gather crafting materials for 10-20 minutes in GW2 since you wanted to compare that to SWG...not like you didnt have to go out to your harvesters, pick them up and find the new material spawns several times a week in that game you know, something that could take a few hours depending on what you want and what planet the new spawn ended up on.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• DaranarDaranar Member UncommonPosts: 392

Hey dude, its not out yet but check up on Origins of Malu, not too much as not to ruin the excitement if you play it ;)

It's made by devs from different games and crap like as a fun project.   Totally independant.  It's supposed to be a game for gamers and reads like it has a total SWG feel to it.   Different ratings on resources that  you have to find and gather, not just from nodes like boring WoW type games.   You don't have to be a fighter, you can totally be a merchant/crafter type player and stuff.   From the bit I have read is that it is a sandboxer very similar in style to SWG but in a fantasy type-ish setting.   Player towns that you can build anywhere like in SWG and crap.   Idk it looks super in depth and player run much like SWG was in terms of community, economy and shit.   And no corporation has their paws on it, totally independant.    It is supposed to hit Beta here very soon, rumor by end of feb, but maybe not till march since its 2/23 now.

It is def a game I am buying when it is released and hoping to get deep into :)   Until EQ Next of course :)

If I want a world in which people can purchase success and power with cash, I'll play Real Life. Keep Virtual Worlds Virtual!