Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This site sucks so much!

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
I got you to view this topic didn't I. And I still made the title relate to this post.

Ever notice how a negative thread title (even if the post itself is positive), gets FAR more posts and views than a positive title? And isn't it hilarious how someone doesn't even read the post, just the title, and starts flaming/yelling/trolling you? That isn't so much annoying though as it just makes me laugh so hard :P

So...why do so many positive threads get such little feedback on them. Even if it is a really high quality post.

A negative thread comes along, horrible quality and usually obviously a troll...and everyone on the forums joins in.

Guess its just human nature or something...

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Comments

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

Disagreements spark more conversation and traffic then unified agreement. What a shocker.

On another note i've always considered threadstarters as attention whores moreso than those responding to them.  It doesn't really matter if they are positive or negative. I speak in general terms of course

Mind you I don't hate forum attention whores. They have good entertainment value and an absolutely necessity for a forum to even exist but it is what it is

• Joshua69Joshua69 Member UncommonPosts: 953
    I think that's how all Forum sites work, really...
  • CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

Negative posts tend to be more interesting, that's why I read them.

No offense to positive posts that lift the mood, but in everything people do to progress, it's only by pointing out the negatives that something gets done.

"I love this store, good job everyone" -> changes didly squat

"Nice store but I don't think the door is very accessible to people with a disability" ->  improves things

Just a silly example but I have nothing against people who are negative or write negative things, in fact I LOVE people who are extremely critical, and it's a shame so many people don't, those people who are negative improve things, they point out faults, they make people think.

Obviously some posts are troll posts and I'm sidetracking because I'm no longer talking about MMO, I just wanted to give props to people who are negative ~