Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If I came back...

scottnsscottns Member UncommonPosts: 231

So I played in the heyday in '99 for about 3 years. If I came back it sounds like the population is a lot thinner than it use to be so I'd want to be able to play with other people and re-learn the game since so much has changes in 10 years.  I've read Frostfell seems to be the most populated white server. Is there a guild listing someplace with active members?  Any recommendations? Thanks.

Comments

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697
    I don't know that there is a guild listing anywhere but there is global chat. So just hop on in and say you're a returning player looking for a guild. Or post the same thing on their official forums.
  • scottnsscottns Member UncommonPosts: 231

Oh, another question... I still have my AC: Dark Majesty install CD. Will this still work and then patch to the current version or do I need to re-purchase? Figure why spend the $10 if I don't have to...

Also on Asheronscall.com there is a link to dowload the client and a link to buy the digital download version for $10. What's the difference?

Originally posted by scottns

Oh, another question... I still have my AC: Dark Majesty install CD. Will this still work and then patch to the current version or do I need to re-purchase? Figure why spend the $10 if I don't have to...

Also on Asheronscall.com there is a link to dowload the client and a link to buy the digital download version for $10. What's the difference?

The old install disks won't work anymore.

The difference is that if you already have an account (or in your case still know the account info) you can just download the client and resume your account.

If you buy it you are setting up a new account and the first month is $10 instead of the usual $13.

There was just a big February patch today with a new loot tier and a new skill: Summoning, so as good of a time as any to hop back in.

I subbed last night and will be on tonight. My level 15 toon is still there from when I did the free trial about a year ago. Probably just start over since it's so different now.
    Geez... Can't believe how fast you can level now. I got 10 levels just from tipping over a cow...

I wouldn't bother with tedious things like that.

Unfortunately many of the long term players tend to suggest new/returning players go down very grindy paths. Forget Tusker barracks mega kill task, frget cow tipping, forget sitting in a dungeon grinding for horus (unless you do truly enjoy that).

From the start there are some intro quests that will bring you up to level 8 or so. Then you can go and run one of the starter quests and if you kill on your way through the dungeon, you will likely be level 10 after finishing that quest.

That will allow you to go into the facility hub where you have a good chain of quests to help you level up to 45ish. After that there are contracts to guide you on your way and some pretty good player guides on the player wikkii on ways to level up to the 150+ area.

In modern AC you really don't have to grind to get up to the top level areas. You can continually be doing something new and different while making great progress.

Originally posted by SnarlingWolf

I wouldn't bother with tedious things like that.

Unfortunately many of the long term players tend to suggest new/returning players go down very grindy paths. Forget Tusker barracks mega kill task, frget cow tipping, forget sitting in a dungeon grinding for horus (unless you do truly enjoy that).

From the start there are some intro quests that will bring you up to level 8 or so. Then you can go and run one of the starter quests and if you kill on your way through the dungeon, you will likely be level 10 after finishing that quest.

That will allow you to go into the facility hub where you have a good chain of quests to help you level up to 45ish. After that there are contracts to guide you on your way and some pretty good player guides on the player wikkii on ways to level up to the 150+ area.

In modern AC you really don't have to grind to get up to the top level areas. You can continually be doing something new and different while making great progress.

That's basically what I'm doing. I heard about the cow quest and did it but used a macro to tip the cow over. I've run the hub and got 3 tusks and 2 pincer and am level 30 now. Also found a monarchy. Guy I met was really cool. Having fun so far.