Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some MOP questions

snoop101snoop101 Member UncommonPosts: 400

Well I havent played since ICC and left half way through. So many things bothered me about it. Coming from playing since Vanilla with multiple top level toons, this was hard for me. I tried a 3 days or 7 days (cant remember) come back promo during Cata and just could not get into it. I really disliked that they took a world that had so many memories and changed it right around. Maybe I just need time to sink my head into it. Ok so onto my questions.

1) Are instances in MOP a steam roll like in wrath? I remember how sad it was to run a whole instance in 10-15 min. I also remember being able to run heroics the min I turned top level (I think it was 80).

2) Is top level gear easy obtained by running instances. This really bothored me. I ran Ulduar 3-5 days a week and than once ICC came out every body and their dog had better gear via instance tokens than I did after raiding for so long.

3) Is PvP fun like it was in BC or is it blah?

4) not a big deal but have any of the graphics been updated in MOP or were all the graphics updated in Cata.

5) This is obviously going to be subjective, but as others who have played since Vanilla, if I come back with I enjoy it or is there just to many changes?

Comments

• MuppetierMuppetier Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Deleted

• alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370

1. Yeah I have to admit that dungeons are easy mode really. Unless you like a lot of carrot juice, flying monkeys and stuff like this dungoens are decent but well... only decent. I have resubbed like 2 weeks ago and already went back to new character and vanilla content another time after seeing MoP

2. Go to 90 less than a week ago. No doing first LFR raids. Have to say it's not really the problem in tokens as it's more problem in instance design. Especially dungeons as they take simple not enough effort and are way too quick.

3 TBC > anything after. Really.

5. To be fair I probably shouldn't say that but I guess you do have some picture of WoW in your memories. If you really want to preserve it more less untouched then you should check out some "unofficial" servers. As for official ones not really much of vanilla/TBC left.

You can always check out it yourself for free up to level 20 as most of what has changed over the years is available there already.

• ghostfaeriesghostfaeries Member UncommonPosts: 89

1.) Are instances in MOP a steam roll like in wrath? well, in wrath, you could have been in greens and healed/tanked/dps fine. in mop not so much. there's a lot of avoiding things and shadow damage that goes out. more mobs have CCs, which require you to dispell and pay attention to mechanics or you die and probably wipe your group. I occasionally run a dungeon on my shadow priest and have to off-heal from time to time. either the healer becomes oom or they just don't dispel. image

2.) Is top level gear easy obtained by running instances? in LFR loot rolls are different now. they are dealt with in WoW's internal system. meaning you don't actually see your roll or anyone elses, you just have a chance to get loot for your spec. if you do dailies in pandaria you receive lesser charms of good fotune and once you get 90 of these you can turn them in for 3x elder charms of good fortune. these are used as bonus rolls for loot. the window pops up when you down a boss and if you have a charm it asks if you want to use it for a roll. so essentially you can get loot twice, but using a charm isn't a 100%...

3.) Is PvP fun like it was in BC or is it blah? lol it's both blah and not blah.  I can't really speak from an arena experience because I don't arena. I'm a casual PvPer. I do RBGs/BGs. I find it fun. image

4.) not a big deal but have any of the graphics been updated in MOP or were all the graphics updated in Cata? not even sure but I hear they are upgrading character models.

5.) This is obviously going to be subjective, but as others who have played since Vanilla, if I come back with I enjoy it or is there just to many changes? if you like pve, be prepared to grind out a ton of reputations for valor gear & mounts. there's like 50 dailies. there's lots of raids, LFRs and scenarios for funsies... oh, and pvp (getting better in 5.2)!