Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What games do you play AT WORK?

Comments

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

I honestly don't have time to play games at work.

But a few years ago I did, and I spend all that time on dating websites looking chics to score in the evening.

It's much more efficient, in the end it gave me more time to game ;-)

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NatjurNatjur Member UncommonPosts: 125
    Web based games that I have changed the firewall to allow through and not monitored like Evony
  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Unfortunatelly.. or fortunatelly I cannot access any games at work... nor game sites. Everything is blocked. I guess it's good as I would  be tempted to at least browse forums LOL.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    • EVE Online
    • DUST 514
    • Whatever the latest fad is

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,829

An interesting question. I get to work at home, so my work computer is right next to my home system.

I never play games while working.

I did play DAOC while working from home. I would do crafting. You could buy a zillion supplies, and then just hit the button to craft every minute or two. Mind numbing, but easy when you can just work, and then lean over and hit a button every now and then. Not sure that qualifies as "playing".

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61
    Unfortunatelly.. or fortunatelly I cannot access any games at work... nor game sites. Everything is blocked. I guess it's good as I would  be tempted to at least browse forums LOL.

same for me but that's what a smartphone is for:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• KebeckKebeck Member Posts: 323
    Originally posted by Squeak69

as i am

1. a cook and on feet all day and have no access to computer and

2. i was taught that when your being paid you should be earning that pay.

i do not play games at work

#2 says it all...

I usually try to think of all the people that could have my job and maybe be better at it than me... Makes me want to perform..

Ho and life is a great game if you actually give it a chance...

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Play dungeon siege 1 at moment and chess but not online its not aloud.

Watch also movies/series(sanctuary-Amanda tapping(SG-1 captain Samantha Carter)) when is quiet at work.

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

What are you working that you have time for games ? O_o

Writing some sentences in a Forum alright, but playing games ....uhh

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    i do play The West (the-west.net), browser games with long timers are ideal for work, or doing autoquests (once per 30 min, usually i do remember like once per 1-2hrs :) ) on AardWolf mud
  • alteredparadigm1alteredparadigm1 Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by spizz

What are you working that you have time for games ? O_o

Writing some sentences in a Forum alright, but playing games ....uhh

Ah but thats the beauty about Carnage Blender, in the 5 minutes you spent on the forums you could have done some pvp / gained xp.

And as I mentioned earlier, there is a set amount of battles / hour ( so it limits your non work activity) 

:)

• VolmokVolmok Member UncommonPosts: 64

GW2, Rift, SWTOR

But I work from home, so I do not know if this counts :)

V.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Originally posted by Spiider

Games some people at my work play all day long:

1. Lie and cheat to get promoted

2. Blame others for own failures

3. Pretent to work while surfing 7 hours a day (1 hour is lunch break)

4. Write emails to other who ask you to do something explaning how you are not responsible even though you are.

I wish my company would allow computer games to be played, at least those make me happy.

This

But also forum PVP (check my post count)

and of course FTL !!!!

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793
    I play the "chart patient's vitals and physical assessment" game.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541
    The "Earn your money"-game.
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

R

L

interesting topic. I would like to know some great mobile MMOs that can be fun on the road. I believe Order and Chaos went F2P now and no longer sub based correct? problem is it requires Wifi to play, which I dont have when working.

wow I can only imagine in the future being able to play my favorite MMOs on the road with my smartphone somehow..

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Originally posted by MMOExposed

R

L

interesting topic. I would like to know some great mobile MMOs that can be fun on the road. I believe Order and Chaos went F2P now and no longer sub based correct? problem is it requires Wifi to play, which I dont have when working.

wow I can only imagine in the future being able to play my favorite MMOs on the road with my smartphone somehow..

Have you tried The Infinite Black on mobile?  Probably one of my favorites when I'm on the go.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by alteredparadigm1

R

L

Have you tried The Infinite Black on mobile?  Probably one of my favorites when I'm on the go.

N

A

Is that for IOS or Android?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• BeelzebobbieBeelzebobbie Member UncommonPosts: 430
    I play landrule on my mobile

R

L

N

A

Is that for IOS or Android?

Android

• MightyChasmMightyChasm Member Posts: 298
    I don't play any games AT WORK.
  • vindirvindir Member UncommonPosts: 68

For twelve years I was a roofing contractor and there was no way I could do any gaming of any sort.

Now I have the luxery of being able to game at work; any game, virtually any time. Right now my career is a 24/7 type where I am always "on,"  but not really. I get to schedule my own time so longs as what needs to get done gets done. That being said there have been days that I spent all my office hours in mmo's. However there have been days where I was going to do some gaming, but had to shut down due to an emergency of sorts. That plus I get to work with youth often and sometimes that means LAN parties, xbox and mmo's

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    My job demands ongoing education and i enjoy learning in games as well as on my work.

Im a nurse and you dont want me to play Tetris on your cardial monitor ^^

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

So I know we all get bored at work every so often and for those of us lucky enough to be in front of a computer with an internet connection we have some options.

I've been playing a game called Carnage Blender for the last couple weeks:

Carnage Blender

Why is it great?

1. Its text based so it wont catch peoples attention as they walk by your desk

2. It has a great community of helpful players

3. Its PVP and involves major strategy

4. Super addictive.

Link:

Carnage Blender

So what games do you guys play when you're supposed to be working?

None, have more then enough work at job to spend time for gaming. Only place where I play is at home, as it should be.