Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trion needs to hurry with this...

SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

I think ArcheAge will attract so many people, this might be the mmo where lots of different players are waiting for..

I am also very glad that Trion got the contract.. I never played rift.. Well atleast not subb. I tried it tho.. but it wasnt my game..

But i do know that this company is one of best companies in the game industry concerning patches/communication/customer support..

I''ve been watching alot streams lately and reading alot of stuff about this game.. its a all in one weaved mmo..

So  many elements in crafting/pets/sieges/pvp/housing and so forth

I truely hope that the combat/gameplay has a good feeling..

is anyone actually playing the KR version? and tell me something about the gameplay/combat?

Comments

• greene75greene75 Member Posts: 39
    I am excited for this game as well, and I hope Trion does take the necessary time to make it great at the start.  Rift was extremely polished when it launched at a time when game launches were all messes.  They seemed to change the status quo concerning launches.  Guild Wars 2, The Secret World, SWTOR, all these games afterwards seemed much smoother than game launches in the past.    (Could be technology, but my bet is on Trion doing the smart work and planning.)  Now we are getting used to (relatively) smooth game launches again, so let's hope Trion doesnt rush it too much.
  • BossalinieBossalinie Member UncommonPosts: 724
    The LAST thing they need to do is hurry...
  • RaunuRaunu Member UncommonPosts: 480
    Originally posted by Snoepie

I think ArcheAge will attract so many people, this might be the mmo where lots of different players are waiting for..

I am also very glad that Trion got the contract.. I never played rift.. Well atleast not subb. I tried it tho.. but it wasnt my game..

But i do know that this company is one of best companies in the game industry concerning patches/communication/customer support..

I''ve been watching alot streams lately and reading alot of stuff about this game.. its a all in one weaved mmo..

So  many elements in crafting/pets/sieges/pvp/housing and so forth

I truely hope that the combat/gameplay has a good feeling..

is anyone actually playing the KR version? and tell me something about the gameplay/combat?

I'm also excited about ArchAge, but I don't want Trion to rush the game. I'd like it to be polished and done correctly.

- - "What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?" - -

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    It wouldn't suprise me to see this come out by the end of the year or shortly before or after Elder Scrolls Online.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

Originally posted by azzamasin
    It wouldn't suprise me to see this come out by the end of the year or shortly before or after Elder Scrolls Online.

I was thinking the same thing. However competing with TESO will be tough. A popular and established IP always gets a pretty big following.

• MdpatsMdpats Member UncommonPosts: 176
    It's amazing how many negative posts I see about MMO's and how they rushed their product.  Now here I am witnessing someone actually wanting a company to rush.
  • ChakaCanChakaCan Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Originally posted by Mdpats
    It's amazing how many negative posts I see about MMO's and how they rushed their product.  Now here I am witnessing someone actually wanting a company to rush.

This makes me grin too.

Originally posted by Majix

This makes me grin too.

Yeah, the same people who want a game rushed are ususally the same people who bash it when it doesn't turn out like they had hoped.

• sxvssxvs Member Posts: 109
    Originally posted by Raunu

I was thinking the same thing. However competing with TESO will be tough. A popular and established IP always gets a pretty big following.

yeah, that would be a mistake trying to compete with teso.

even if teso eventually fails there's no doubt it's going to do good at the start.

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152

Seeing as how the game still has many bugs and issues that are being worked out. I would rather Trion take there time and let the dev team get the game to a fully release state before releasing it here.

The current version does not even have fully working castle seiging in at the moment. The ships have physics issues and will sometimes just flip over upside down and sink into the water. That's just afew of the minor issues the game has right now. It's still being worked on by the dev team. Not that its not fun right now, but it needs a good amount of work before its near western market ready.

Thats coming from someone that can not wait for the western release of the game to come along.

• GibocracyGibocracy Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Im with you 100 percent, i really want to get my hands on this.
  • CaptShatnerCaptShatner Member UncommonPosts: 23

Trion just recently got together with XL Games.

I'm sure things will get done a lot faster now that they're working together.

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

I would think they'd need to hurry just because to me, the graphics already look dated.  I know, graphics don't at all make a game.  However I know plenty of mmo players, who think graphics are the end all be all of gaming. 

Is this getting a graphical update or overhaul?  Anyways regardless I'd like this game to be successful.   My only fear is by the time it gets here, it will be so obsolete graphicaly that many will put off playing it. 

And while I love things about the game, I watched some videos of its gameplay and even I have to admit the graphics look incredibly dated compared to things I play now, and I sometimes think I might just avoid it due to that.  This issue will only get worse as time moves forward. 

• khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486

The combat in this game is last generation already. If they wait too long this could be very damaging to this game.

The thing it has going for it is the sandbox stuff, but a lot of people are coming off of GW2 and are playing Tera right now and Secret World and soon  Neverwinter, etc.

If they try Archage after all that, the combat might really hurt it badly since it feel like old MMos that are all tab-target and very boring compared to the games I mentioned.

Elder Scrolls Online will be coming out maybe around the same time as Archeage too and that will have actiony combat as well.

I look forward to all the features of ArcheAge, but I think the combat might hold it back from being the game everyone is waiting for.

Also, the graphics are last gerneration as well, and I mean like the generation before Tera, GW2, FFXIV. Graphics are not the most important thing, but when it will be competing with so many pretty looking games it can only hurt it.

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• archeagekingarcheageking Member Posts: 88

hold on graphics outdated? archeage uses modified cryengine 3 thats used in crisis 3.

thats a bold accusation you got there outdated grpahics?

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942
    Originally posted by Bossalinie
    The LAST thing they need to do is hurry...

• CrynswindCrynswind Member Posts: 290
    Originally posted by Corehaven

I would think they'd need to hurry just because to me, the graphics already look dated.  I know, graphics don't at all make a game.  However I know plenty of mmo players, who think graphics are the end all be all of gaming. 

Is this getting a graphical update or overhaul?  Anyways regardless I'd like this game to be successful.   My only fear is by the time it gets here, it will be so obsolete graphicaly that many will put off playing it. 

And while I love things about the game, I watched some videos of its gameplay and even I have to admit the graphics look incredibly dated compared to things I play now, and I sometimes think I might just avoid it due to that.  This issue will only get worse as time moves forward. 

There isn't a single MMO already/being released with better graphics, maybe Black Desert.

But if we compare it to GW2, SWTOR, TESO, etc, AA blows them out of the water, it has better textures, shadows, physics, and the most important: it's not cartoony stylized cheap graphics.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    TSW and maybe the newer FF MMO are the only ones that can compete with AA graphically. TESO will probably not come even close. Anyway, art is what really makes or breaks a game aesthetically. It's why GW2 looks great. From a technical perspective, it's not impressive at all.
  • archeagekingarcheageking Member Posts: 88

i think he is mistaken archeage's cryengine3 to repopulation's mediocre hero engine now thats outdated :p

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by archeageking

i think he is mistaken archeage's cryengine3 to repopulation's mediocre hero engine now thats outdated :p

you can create outdated graphics on a modern graphics engine, which is probably the issue here, not how good the graphics engine is, but how its been used. Perhaps it would be best if Trion encouraged better utilisation of the games graphic engine, but i do agree, crygengine 3 vs hero engine..  should be a walkover.image

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

So many things sound good, really good, but leveling 1-50, quest hub to quest hub is a deal breaker. I just don't think traditional leveling has a place in today's mmo. 

Hope they take some time to make other routes as viable as questing.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • IrondustIrondust Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by bcbully

So many things sound good, really good, but leveling 1-50, quest hub to quest hub is a deal breaker. I just don't think traditional leveling has a place in today's mmo. 

Hope they take sometime make routes as viable as questing.

Main problem of today's MMO isn't the leveling, the problems starting after it.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Originally posted by sxvs

yeah, that would be a mistake trying to compete with teso.

even if teso eventually fails there's no doubt it's going to do good at the start.

I don't see how they would compete.  One is an action game, the other is the tired old tab target slow poke combat so many guys on this site seem to hate so much.  Both fantasy, but completely different play styles.  I'd say it's the perfect setup, one game to make all the action junkies happy and one to house all of old fogies who can't handle the twitch.

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796

That's my general feeling on the matter as well.  

I truly believe this could shape up to be a great year to be a MMORPGamer.

Here's hoping to see this, EQNext, and SOME-SORT-OF NFO regarding WoD... =D

• BaleoutBaleout Member Posts: 141
    Originally posted by Majix

This makes me grin too.

Yeah, the same people who want a game rushed are ususally the same people who bash it when it doesn't turn out like they had hoped.

Hehe you are so right about this.

The game will come out when its ready and not to early with a bugy game.