Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mourning- Unethical Business and Horrid Game

Comments

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

Always one devoted fan who cant let go....

I wonder though if they do it because they cant stand the realisation that they bought a lemon despite being warned or if they genuinely beleive what they are saying.

I dont use this terminology often, but the cap fits so.....

This game sux, it always sucked, the managers suck, the devs suck, the whole thing has a suckage factor that is like logarythmic. There is just no other way to describe it. Writing proper descriptions of what is wrong with the whole project would take more time and trouble than the whole sucky thing deserves.

And to you Ego. You need to realise that as a manager of this project you are reaping what you have sown. I am a manger in my work and when things go "pear shaped" on my watch I have to be man enough to take responsibility whether it was my fault or not! Thats part of being a leader.

You have NEVER taken responsibility for the state of your project and that is why you get ZERO respect around here and on your own forums. You have consistently tried to blame the posters on forums, the other people you work with, the billing companies and the list goes on. In fact for a while there was a thread on here taking bets about how long it would take you to blame aliens for your mismanagement.

Coming to these forums and trying to tell the mangers of MMO how to run things is just typical of your consistent attempts to shift the blame to anyone except yourself. Well the posters on this forum are wise to you my friend and your wasting your breath.

My advice to you is go back to your forums, take some responsibility, grow up and be a man instead of a whiney little boy and start fixing your problems with actions instead of more hollow words!!

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• klemmbobklemmbob Member UncommonPosts: 103
    pretty sad any company would do that
  • BiteyBitey Member Posts: 356

I want this game to fail. Not, not cuz I hate anyone. But because I cant stand the thought of one of these scammers getting rich off the dumb.

Becoming:

::::05::::::05::::::05::::::06::::::06::::::06::::::06::::::05::::::05::::::06::

• HarelinHarelin Member UncommonPosts: 409

That's what we need - a Mourning image contest, including such classics as "Let's Take The Interests and Good Name of Limitless Horizons Entertainment LLC Seriously" and "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

I've got lots of material.

• thelawoflogicthelawoflogic Member UncommonPosts: 788
    this game will die and i wiill lol all the way
  • ShrubberShrubber Member Posts: 219

Originally posted by xantho10
    this game will did and i wiill lol all the way

What the hell does that mean? Aren't you the fanboi from the mourning forum?

• thelawoflogicthelawoflogic Member UncommonPosts: 788

Originally posted by Shrubber

Originally posted by xantho10
    this game will did and i wiill lol all the way

What the hell does that mean? Aren't you the fanboi from the mourning forum?

sorry my english is bad  fan had thats funny don't make me lol
  • GrunchGrunch Member Posts: 493

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."

• GrunchGrunch Member Posts: 493

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."

• BiteyBitey Member Posts: 356

lmao nice pics...::::18::::::18::

• dingofxdingofx Member Posts: 60
    I stopped by their site to see what's up and I noticed that there was no notice that game was still in beta phase. Are they really trying to lure unsuspecting potential customers into thinking the game is finished? image

Shadow Exile

• deggilatordeggilator Member Posts: 520

Originally posted by dingofx
    I stopped by their site to see what's up and I noticed that there was no notice that game was still in beta phase. Are they really trying to lure unsuspecting potential customers into thinking the game is finished? image

The game is released, not in beta phase. You've probably misinterpreted Ego's comment, where he said that the game should still be in beta, but for various reasons it's released.

Currently playing:
    * City of Heroes: Deggial, Assault Rifle/Devices Blaster. Server: Defiant.
    * City of Villains: Snakeroot, Plant/Thorns Dominator. Server: Defiant.

I see ... so their luring people into buying a game thats full of bugs and glitchs. Changing status from beta to released, knowing its still in beta stages of development and not mentioning it, really isn't ethical. image

Shadow Exile

• PizzaFarnoPizzaFarno Member Posts: 179

There is one good thing about Mourning.(I wouldnt buy this game ever)Its $20 and 10 monthly.Cheaper than some mmorpgs i guess.(Not Guild Wars tho:))But the game is still Sh*t.::::15::

I guess the real question is whether it's actually worth spending $20 for the key and $10 a month.

Hmmm ... No! image

Shadow Exile

Yea, they might charge you $20 a month instead.::::20::

Is there anyone left that likes this game?::::17::

• strousestrouse Member Posts: 114

"Is there anyone left that likes this game?"

obviously.. or the developers wouldn't be able to do stuff like this..

http://www.realmsofkrel.com/miscfiles/file67.jpg

whoever started this thread seriously needs to go buy a liife.  Don't you understand that whatever you say or "make up" about a game or company doesn't make any difference in it's failure or success?   Your insignificant in the big picture...  image
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Originally posted by strouse
    "Is there anyone left that likes this game?"
    http://www.realmsofkrel.com/miscfiles/file67.jpg

And what does this prove exactly? ::::37::

Now you are trying to make me believe that the houses in the picture are in Romania? ::::04::
    Because they look so American to me..............

• KeltikKeltik Member UncommonPosts: 89

[quote]Originally posted by strouse
    [b]"Is there anyone left that likes this game?"
    [url=http://www.realmsofkrel.com/miscfiles/file67.jpg]
    whoever started this thread seriously needs to go buy a liife. Don't you understand that whatever you say or "make up" about a game or company doesn't make any difference in it's failure or success? Your insignificant in the big picture... image[/b][/quote]

Scamming pays well I see .

• sagressagres Member Posts: 3

Almost all has been said about mourning already. Just wanted to add my own experience. If it can avoid one person to purchase the game, it will then have been usefull.

I did not pre-order. I followed the website and their forum for about a year. The storyline was great, it promised alot... Well, if you're here, you probably know this already... I only did not pre-order, because I had doubts that they, apparently being a small company, could pull it off.

I do not wish to sound xenofobic (and I don't actually live in a G7 country) but the fact that they were Romanian was also a motive to proceed with caution.

Anyway, the moment they announced the game had been released, I couldn't help myself.... I immediatly downloaded it and happily wen to their billing company to p2p and get my serial key.

What I encountered when I entered the game was almost unbelieveable. I do not wish to exagerate, otherwise someone will come and say I have something against their game, the comunity, the devs or whatever. I don't. I posted on their forums maybe half a dozen times (most of the times supporting the devs).

I really had nothing against them until they rip me off in $20. It's not much, but that's not the point. That game was (is) not ready to be released. The need for funding is not an excuse to cheat on your clients. 

I will not say much more, except that I actually logged in and "played" the game for a while... Well, you'll find lots of bugs reports and lists of what's wrong there, so I won't even bother... Just wanted to say, even if you are curious about what could be so wrong, please do not pay for it!

I work hard for a living, I'd hate to see that picture of the lamborghini become the truth. They did a lousy job, they were incompetent. They don't deserve it.

I do not wish to restart the discussion about if MMORPG.com did the right thing or not about this game. But as far as I'm concerned, MMORPG.com went way up in my trust. image

Thank you for reading this. Hope it helps you.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Amen Bro!

And thanks for sharing your experience.

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630

There are two things about Mourning that cannot fairly be disputed.

1. The game is underfunded. They simply don't have enough money to do with the game whatever it was they intended to do with it.

2. Egomancer has no public relations skills whatsoever.

If everything else that has been said about this game was false, these two things are still enough for me to take my MMO business elsewhere.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by Amathe
    There are two things about Mourning that cannot fairly be disputed.
    1. The game is underfunded. They simply don't have enough money to do with the game whatever it was they intended to do with it.
    2. Egomancer has no public relations skills whatsoever.
    If everything else that has been said about this game was false, these two things are still enough for me to take my MMO business elsewhere.

True, True...

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• pcorajrpcorajr Member Posts: 32

Originally posted by Fraggle

3/ I don't disagree that they shouldn't be charging for a product that isn't available, all I was trying to say is that most of us have paid to play other games that weren't ready for release.

You know I think these developers MIGHT have a really good game but are severely lacking in PR skills and have a hungry publisher breathing down their necks!  

I don't want to come across as a Limitless Horizons fanboy, I just want a decent game to play!

I have payed to play beta before that is not a problem and is something a lot of MMORPG are starting to do, take for example RF online in korea charges 8.99 for a beta activation key, the problem here is that this company is liying.

They are saying they want you to pay 30 dollars for what they call the final release. here the game sucks, noit only that but they have a problem with the company handling the billing. People are not getting their activation keys. To me this sounds like a bunch of scamers ripping up people, and i dont feel bad for the people getting scamed. they should of known better.

that said people should not only warn others about this scam but report this to the proper authoritys.

FBI BBB AG are some of the agencys or people that work on these typoe of scams.

Currently playing:
    WoW
    GW
    Games im looking foward to:
    ZerA
    Granado Espada
    My Zera Blog:
    http://www.pcorajr.com

This discussion has been closed.