Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When you say no PvE...

13»

Comments

• PedrobPedrob Member UncommonPosts: 172

I actually enjoyed (and got spoiled) by DAoC's safe PvE areas allowing me to RvR when I wanted, not when it was forced onto me.

Quests I don't like, another great thing that DAoC enforced was non asian, fun grinding.  I said fun cause I always did it with friends, guild or with strangers that became friends.  For as much as I loved RvR, there was a time and a place for it, not something I would do every second I was online.  The PvE zones added a depth, a context to the game, to what the name represented.  Gave it an identity and a story.

What made it great was that you could level up just as easy from grinding, from RvRing in BG's or doing DF (mix of both).  So it actually aimed at every type of MMO player.

Not having PvE safe zones might end up being a drawback and possibly deter some players.  WAR did it badly, don't dwindle the bait in front of the predators and tell them you can't touch them.  Separate unpassable zones were imho, the best way to do it, as DAoC did.

• PopplePopple Member UncommonPosts: 239
    Originally posted by OgreRaper
    The older I get, and the more I play MMO's, the less I enjoy PvE. I'm to the point now where 95% of the time all I want to do is PvP.

I per-fer Pve..Tired of pvp it gets boring and tired of holding others up for groups. Want a good pve that has many things to do with out being tied down to groups or PVP or waiting 10/15 minutes to get thing going...And yes i am old as well..

I retired retroactively..Haha

• xxtriadxxxxtriadxx Member UncommonPosts: 155

I think it basically means there are no "safe areas".

IOW using WAR as an example..they had PVE zones with PVP lakes..I'm assuming the lakes will just be the entire zone.

But who knows....the people making it might not even know.

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347
    Originally posted by Gavenda

It is a real disappointment to me <3 yr DAOC player>, that this new version is PVP only.  As a bard, I was burned out from running and supporting groups in RVR and needed downtime in PVE and crafting to regenerate once in a while.  I really have to wonder if such a one-sided  approach will have any type of shelf life.

Having said that, I envy those who will get the opportunity to to see a newer version arise.  I just don't have the desire to run non-stop anymore:)

Good luck

I agree most people who pvp'ed in daoc did so far less than then pve. PVP was the high excitment, but it could become frustrating or and triesome after a bit this is when people played alts, did dungeons, helped out friends etc. (generally pve) it was great entertianment that just fit very well. Not to mention the reason why people were invested in pvp/rvr in the first place was because they had already grouped up with their realm to work together/ formed a community a side of sort and then some one threatend that, you fought them. Its logical.

But it cn work id love to see it.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine