Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High Servers Population PVP

PopplePopple Member UncommonPosts: 239
Wanted to join the PVP Server  the other day and they were all high and i was #856 in line to get in..I could not wait anymore and jump on a PVE Server which was just reaching high..I hope they open a few more PVP Servers.Does anyone know are they going to add a few more? Dont mind of starting over on a new server if they do...

I retired retroactively..Haha

Comments

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by Popple
    Wanted to join the PVP Server  the other day and they were all high and i was #856 in line to get in..I could not wait anymore and jump on a PVE Server which was just reaching high..I hope they open a few more PVP Servers.Does anyone know are they going to add a few more? Dont mind of starting over on a new server if they do...

Both NA and EU added more servers today, neither of those should have queues so you should be good to go.

Also... TERA just made the top 10 on Xfire game rankings. Never thought i'd see that.

http://www.xfire.com/games

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Pivotelite

Both NA and EU added more servers today, neither of those should have queues so you should be good to go.

Also... TERA just made the top 10 on Xfire game rankings. Never thought i'd see that.

LOL - who cares about XFire - those numbers mean nothing other than more XFire users are playing the game. It has nothing to do with general populations. We had this argument ad nauseum before about XFire.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

holy #hit. Good for them. That means a lot of people are playing compared to where they were.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Wow.  Interesting.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by grimal

Wow.  Interesting.

not sure how this is suprising to people..it's a newish big name game thats gone F2p recently of course a lot are going to check it out

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by botrytis

LOL - who cares about XFire - those numbers mean nothing other than more XFire users are playing the game. It has nothing to do with general populations. We had this argument ad nauseum before about XFire.

It has a lot to do with general populations and population trends, Xfire is perfect for gauging those kind of things regardless of what anyone says. It's clear TERAs population has increased significantly, and Xfire demonstrates that, it's clear LoL is the most played game and xfire demonstrates that, WoW is the most played MMO, Xfire demonstrates that, after the huge initial dropofff most people believe GW2s population has stabilized, Xfire demonstrates that.

Originally posted by botrytis

And apparently, with your response, you'd like to continue that argument?

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

I would wait 4-6 weeks after the F2P rush dies down a bit. If it's worth playing, it's worth waiting for :)

Excellent PvP content if you can survive the leveling.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Vorch

I would wait 4-6 weeks after the F2P rush dies down a bit. If it's worth playing, it's worth waiting for :)

aaand that's my problem... 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793
    Originally posted by bcbully

It's why I stopped playing, too...

Kill 10 x...kill 10 y...kill 10 z. I'm cool with that.

But then it's kill 10 X with a different name, but the SAME MOVES. Boggles my mind.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

But then it's kill 10 X with a different name, but the SAME MOVES. Boggles my mind.

Yep.  Same here.

Yep.  Same here.

I'll admit even I almost didn't make it, after release my computer decided to die on me and I was stuck leveling 3 weeks after release alone while my friends were 60, in the 50-55 zones I was almost ready to pack my bags... glad I didn't though.

• EvolvedMonkyEvolvedMonky Member Posts: 549

Yep.  Same here.

Same moves? Im only on the second island or whatever and I havnt came across a mob that fought like the newb island.

Hell even magic user mobs have different spells and moves.  Even notice Basaliks act different when you fight em solo or with another player.  

Maybe you guys dont play a melee class so its not as noticeable. I play a lancer so I end up learning the mobs fighting style every new 10 I have to kill.

• PopplePopple Member UncommonPosts: 239
    Originally posted by EvolvedMonky

Yep.  Same here.

Same moves? Im only on the second island or whatever and I havnt came across a mob that fought like the newb island.

Hell even magic user mobs have different spells and moves.  Even notice Basaliks act different when you fight em solo or with another player.  

Maybe you guys dont play a melee class so its not as noticeable. I play a lancer so I end up learning the mobs fighting style every new 10 I have to kill.

Not as easy for a magic user...You cast a spell at 15 meters away and those SOB's step right out of the way..If i had a miss counter it be higher than my hit counter..lol  Cant say about the pvp yet.Because I just rolled a new character, this ought to make it real interesting to say the least..

I retired retroactively..Haha