Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

40k?

AireaginesAireagines Member UncommonPosts: 17
I heard that their is going to be a Warhammer 40k MMORPG. I thought the people I was talking to were refering to War Hammer Online but they swear that was not it. I have not heard nor can i find anything about a 40k MMORPG. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Comments

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

Here's a link to Warhammer Online.

Enjoy.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?
  • AireaginesAireagines Member UncommonPosts: 17
    I knew about Warhammer Online. They said their was going to be a Warhammer 40k MMORPG. Anyone? Anyone?

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263
    Isn't this suppose to be set in the Warhammer world though???

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?
    Warhammer Online is going to be Fantasy. Warhammer 40k is Sci Fi and Very Sweet.

• UifzUifz Member Posts: 252
    Never heard of this, what website was this information posted at?

I personaly didnt see it I am getting it as second hand info and they dont remember where they read it at. So I am here seeking everyones wisdom on this.

Probably isn't true then.

Check it out on the game list.

• TyrranTyrran Member Posts: 1

Here is a link to gamestop showing the warhammer 40k thingy whatever it is. comes out next month (9-25-03 to be exact)

Just confirming it. I know nothing about it

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=645246&affid=4965&source=buy

• SuperMoiSuperMoi Member Posts: 12

here is the link for the mmorpg

http://www.mythicentertainment.com/warhammer/

enjoy~

• darkmandarkman Member UncommonPosts: 767

What the heck Moi, you ressurected a 2 year old post. Are you that bored?

• phat_fartphat_fart Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by Gunblade
    OK dood i play warhammer 40k I use the necrons  and warhammer 40k just wouldn't make it as an mmorpg however "warhammer" would. And that game is a shooter about the new tau army.....it's not very good.

ok 1st of all, yes im new, 2nd of all, wtf is up with "dood", 3rdly, i also play warhammer, dark angel space marines, so big up to u.

i rate that 40k will do very well, with al the weapons/ abilities and teams/ sects, setting/ planets/ homeworlds and stuff. Though i dont have much experience with these kinda games 

p.s. firewarrior is an fps, was a pro game, gave u feel of what it must be like

• NeoGholaNeoGhola Member Posts: 27

Very interesting rumour - dibs on the librarian! Or the C'tan - whichever is available.

*Insert maniacal laugh here.*

• phat_fartphat_fart Member Posts: 2
    dark angels grand master FTW(sword of secrets, supah strong), or dark eldar dude, 2+ invulnerable save ftw!!
  • NecrocellNecrocell Member Posts: 53

YES, this is great news, couldnt belive it when i read it.

http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/769/769352p1.html

" THQ has locked up the rights to Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000 franchise through 2013. The new agreement, announced today, extends the original license to include development of Warhammer MMO games. THQ also now owns the publishing rights to titles based on Games Workshop's Gorkamorka and Necromunda."

• emreoemreo Member Posts: 1

Yes I heard the news also and I'm very excited about it.

For those who want to check it up, here is the link: 

www.gamespot.com/news/6166560.html

• celtycelty Member Posts: 13

It must be very early in development because when you goto their site there is close to nothing.  You can check it out here:

http://www.vigilgames.com/games_40k.php

This is indeed a 40k MMO and GW will have two MMO's in development, although I would expect the 40k MMO to take about 3-4 years.  I guess it's release might be sometime around Nov. 2011, just in time for Christmas shopping :) (no fact in the guess, just a pure guess)

• AdythielAdythiel Member Posts: 726

There is a new Warhammer 40,000 MMO in development. It is however very early in development, quite literally only a couple months started. Vigil games is developing it, THQ is publishing it. There is nothing available on it beyond the fact it is in development. It will not be released within the next 2 years. We may not even see anything substantial about it for a year and a half.

• oobeoobe Member UncommonPosts: 60

Awesome news, thanks

This is definately something for me to keep an eye on, since I both love mmo's and the warhammer 40k game. I'm already trying to visualize how it might look.

• DraccanDraccan Member Posts: 1,050

Well well well 40k sounds like a very sweet thing..

I like it how GW chooses Vigil for 40k and mythic for WAR .. that should give them a different mmo, a different feel ... good job..!     

• moria1275moria1275 Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by Uifz

Probably isn't true then.

Yes it is true

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/warhammer40kmmo/news.html?sid=6166560&om_act=convert&om_clk=newsfeatures&tag=newsfeatures;title;1 go to this link.