Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is it looking?

MightyChasmMightyChasm Member Posts: 298

I played Rift at release and it was a bit of a struggle to get to cap (not difficult just a little dull), I then lost interest and cancelled my subscription.  I jumped in again once or twice at 50 but I am not a fan of the traditional end game and I just found it all a bit samey.  Then I bought the expansion, downloaded it again, and never even entered the new world as I just had an overwhelming sense of 'meh'.  Then I deleted it again.    

I remember that the game just felt empty and as a result the events,. rather than being fun,  just got in the way of questing.  

How is it now?  Has it been revitalised by the expansion and is it worth another visit? 

Comments

• MightyChasmMightyChasm Member Posts: 298
    Yeah, I got the same feeling toward this game as GW2.  They did everything right on paper, they refined previous mmo's, but the end product is just overwhelmingly dull.  
  • TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575
    I'm new to the game and having a good time.  But I'm in a nice little guild and things are still new.  It's a decent time waster though.  Lots of neat things to see and do for the time being.  level 46 right now.   I've been to the new continent and some places are really beautiful.  I look forward to exploring them more fully at 50+.
  • ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    It sounds bad, but I am waiting for this one to go F2P. I really like Rift, but I have noticed that the population has dropped quite a bit in the last year. I am sure the F2P market has taken away a lot of the players, so it should revive when it goes F2P as well.
  • SuperNickSuperNick Member UncommonPosts: 460

I couldn't get on with the engine anymore.. I played Rift for 6 months at launch and enjoyed what I played but I didn't like the engine back then.

After returning recently for a free trial, it was just too much and I logged off pretty sharpish.

Now, when I say problems with the engine, I mean it feels incredibly clunky and dated. It isn't fluid and combat/movement feels just kind of nasty.

Visually it looks alright though.

From what I could tell the game was pretty abandoned on EU servers - all the servers displayed low to med with one server that was high.

If you can get past the engine and find a server that's reasonably populated, you'll probably enjoy it for a bit.