Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

origins of malu...why is there no thread

rogue187rogue187 Member Posts: 151

Home Page | Origins of Malu

check it out...sounds pretty sweet :)

Comments

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Originally posted by rogue187

Home Page | Origins of Malucheck it out...sounds pretty sweet :)

Keylogger? Music Video? Movie? Can you please explain what you're linking to before asking us to just click it? Thanks.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• rogue187rogue187 Member Posts: 151

Home Page | Origins of Malu

check it out...sounds promising.,,sorry i didn't link before, was drunk ;)

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Home Page | Origins of Malucheck it out...sounds promising.,,sorry i didn't link before, was drunk ;) 

You didn't answer any of my questions, lol....

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

im sorry, was just trying to make people aware of the game...you will find all that is available about the game thru the site..sorry  for any discrepencies :)

or anything else that seems retarded...been drinkin yo...cheers ;)

all i can give you is a link to site which will answer any reasonable questions anyone has...if you want me to port the finished game to your head...sorry...leg work yo
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Quick overview from a few glances at the web site:

Unfunded or underfunded Indie using Big World rolling a sandbox.  Concept art only, nothing in-game for screenshots.  Dropped out of Kickstarter (issues, didn't read the details).

Concepts look positive but beyond that I don't know.  I wouldn't expect to see a live beta for at least a year unless there is a whole bunch of work done that I don't see on the web site.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
    yes...all good points... yet i feeling this game deserves more hype than mj's daoc 2...without even a screenshot?...old ppl get old and impose old
  • VioletMaidVioletMaid Member Posts: 2
    yes...all good points... yet i feeling this game deserves more hype than mj's daoc 2...without even a screenshot?...old ppl get old and impose old

you... use... these... too... often...

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

With Mark Jacobs i have the confidence of his past behind him. While some will point out all of the faults of Mythic, i will continue to look at all of the positives that Mythic has introduced to the genre.

Origins of Malu looks disfunctional comepared to other KS funded MMOs that are currently being worked on with screenies, even gameplay videos. Pathfinder Online is one i can name off the top of my head, its also a sandbox game, and it reached almost all of there stretch goals.

But i will not say Origins of Malu will fail, i wish the dev team the best and that they finish there game and you get to enjoy it. 

Lolipops !

not sure what you're referring to, but if the site didn't inspire you at all...well then have fun  in your next mmo and cheers :)
    Originally posted by Voiidiin

With Mark Jacobs i have the confidence of his past behind him. While some will point out all of the faults of Mythic, i will continue to look at all of the positives that Mythic has introduced to the genre.

Origins of Malu looks disfunctional comepared to other KS funded MMOs that are currently being worked on with screenies, even gameplay videos. Pathfinder Online is one i can name off the top of my head, its also a sandbox game, and it reached almost all of there stretch goals.

But i will not say Origins of Malu will fail, i wish the dev team the best and that they finish there game and you get to enjoy it. 

yes you are right...they haven't beeen very forthcoming with info or media...but i believe they are "sticking to they're guns" with putting out a game that will be what they as long time gamers wanted in a AAA type game....yes they are indie and without major funding that takes alotta time...but i do believe the proof will be in the pudding as they say...again, time will tell :)

• RaagnarzRaagnarz Member RarePosts: 577
    Originally posted by Voiidiin

yes you are right...they haven't beeen very forthcoming with info or media...but i believe they are "sticking to they're guns" with putting out a game that will be what they as long time gamers wanted in a AAA type game....yes they are indie and without major funding that takes alotta time...but i do believe the proof will be in the pudding as they say...again, time will tell :)

They spend no time interacting with the community, they put out very few details, and their kickstarter failed. Maybe if they were a bit more vocal they'd garner a little attention and respect since currently they have absolutely zero when it comes to proven track record. Maybe if they'd actually speak about it and show it they'd get a little more respect.

Mark Jacobs on the other hand has a proven track record. He's started multiple companies from scratch. He sold one of them for a heafty amount. He launched 2 high profile games, whether you liked them or not, he brought them to market and they are still running today. Thats proven enough for me to talk about his upcoming venture with praise and at the same time find him worthy to put my money behind. Not to mention the man has interacted more with his potential future community more than any other ceo/dev I have seen in well damn near forever.