Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LAPD

BarrikorBarrikor Member UncommonPosts: 373
edited July 2016 in Off-Topic Discussion

----------------------------------------

2016 Edit: In light of recent events I think I should've phrased the original post differently, but 3 years ago situations like this were more unusual and thus more OK to analyse or joke about.

This rollercoaster: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Dorner_shootings_and_manhunt

----------------------------------------

Post edited by Barrikor on

Comments

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

My first thought when I heard about this whole mess was, "Why the hell was this dude a cop in the first place?" Then I saw what the LAPD's response was like and my feelings were that they are almost as bad as the rogue cop. However after thinking about it for a while these guys are cops in probably the worst place to be a cop. They have adopted a "shoot first" attitude because in LA if you don't shoot first your not going to be a cop long... You'll be dead. I still don't necessarily agree with it but I do understand why they have itchy trigger fingers.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    LA probably has to be the worst place to work as a cop.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856

Not to mention it looks like this guys complaint is probably true. He reported a fellow officer for doing unjustified violence, and then was framed up and fired because of it.

But that said, he's obviously a congenital moron (he could have sued and possibly made millions?) and a psychopath. And he will wind up dead in a gutter or spend the rest of his life in a cage as he should.