Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We need to get the word ou t!!! Help if possible.....

I spammed about 20 messages at Gamespot How can I get to the  public to know about this game?? Iti seems gamers who would  like DAOC are playing Dark Souls 2 on their 360 instead.

If we could get Camelot Unchained hits youtube video as Popular as PSY Gangnum style 1.2 Billon hit video I would be happy.

The problem with MMOS have created a bad name for themselves!!

Comments

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I'm not hyping a game I haven't even seen footage of.  Is there any?
  • tuomiopaivatuomiopaiva Member UncommonPosts: 55
    You forgot to link
  • NidzillaNidzilla Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Not that I am aware of. As far as I can tell its in the earlier stages of development and only teasers are given with a dev blog. 
  • SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397

I would prefer if people would not try to promote this game... They are aiming for a niche market so the game won't be for everyone. Since most people don't play MMO for the PvP, I'm really really really glad that they don't intend to put any PvE in the game. Great decision that most will hate. I prefer to play with 20k like-minded people and have a real great time then playing with the bazillions idiots/crybabies that most MMO have.

• asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645
    Originally posted by SirFubar

I would prefer if people would not try to promote this game... They are aiming for a niche market so the game won't be for everyone. Since most people don't play MMO for the PvP, I'm really really really glad that they don't intend to put any PvE in the game. Great decision that most will hate. I prefer to play with 20k like-minded people and have a real great time then playing with the bazillions idiots/crybabies that most MMO have.

Aye, but that's not how a company would think. 20k Subscribers wouldn't be enough to keep the game going at any rate. So even if it was your dream game, it would quickly go either free to play or die within the year.

Adding "bazillions of crybabies" would be for the greater good in your interest in the game. I however only think that the game has a good concept, since of the connection to our mythologies.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    DAOC started out as a niche game that grew larger over time. DAOC was not funded by some major studio and did perfectly fine. I can agree that more money thrown at a game can really make it a lot better in the long run but I also do agree that you want a certain crowd of players that play and not a ton of people who litter your game with complaining and trolling. We see this enough in so many games now where devs tell you ahead of time what the design is and will be and people come in screaming and crying that devs wont change things or nerf things etc. I think a humble start might be better and see where it would go from there myself.
  • Storm_FirebladeStorm_Fireblade Member Posts: 156

Well, I wouldn´t forget, that even though it is meant to be a niche-game, you still have to find enough support to make i viable. I personally fully trust Mark, when he is saying, they will stick to the Founding Principles. So why not promote the game? Those who cannot agree with the principles might complain as much as they want to. CSE is still going to stick to the principles. So it would be the wrong way to keep the game "hidden" because it is meant to cater a certain part of the gaming community. You might miss out on reaching a big part of your own target group and risk the succes of the game.

For the major part of the MMO-Community, my kind of blind faith in Mark and his staff might be naive, but Mark did somehow revulotionise the franchise with DAoC many years ago and having followed WAR I believe he did learn a lot of hardlearned lessons there. So at least from my own perspective he´s acknowledged having failed at certain points during WAR and showed in the past, that he really is capable of producing brillant games.

As little as it might be - they absolutely have my fully support from this point on, because for me - Camelot Unchained is going the perfect way with an ideal staff.

Camelot Unchained Fanpage
    https://simply-gaming.com/camelot/