Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How exactly is permadeath ruled in salem?

darkjoydarkjoy Member Posts: 39

Hello folks!

Title says all...

So how are the rules?

I was kicked in the butt by some crickets and rattles already and they just knocked me out...

As i understand by now it is only related to criminal players that break your ground/steal/raise land/burn everything down

right?

or will any duell/pvp with other players lead to permadeath?

Or maybe just like in darkfall (so i am ko and someone hast to perform a deathblow to kill me forever?)

please explain! thanks!

Comments

• LarsaLarsa Member Posts: 990

Only players can perma-kill your character, mobs cannot.

Player characters need to have the murder skill to perma-kill you, most players will have the skill and most will use it as well. Takes only a few days to get all fighting/criminal skills for a new character when you have support from an existing village.

I maintain this List of Sandbox MMORPGs. Please post or send PM for corrections and suggestions.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    AFAIK you lose your character, but retain some skills/stats when killed with the new character you create. You also retain your claim and everything in it if its well protected. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    You can teleport to your homestead

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

you need certain skills to commit certain criminal acts, murder skill (called cain & abel) has a high cost. criminal acts leave behind scents which can be used to track and potentially summon the culprit to be killed even when offline. you'll pick it up, just be wary of other players. if you really want to survive trust no one and flee from every other human outside of town!

Originally posted by bigmilk

For the record, I have not experienced the process first hand, so I do not know if you are given the opportunity to teleport directly to the claim (claim used as homestead) or if the claim needs to have a homestead secret established. 

I have the fortune of being perma killed in salem, there is a npc in the character creation port who you can talk to to inherit your dead alt character's homestead. but yes you will lose all character development, but alot of investment/development in this game is your land, crops, buildings and stored items/resources. so even perma death can be alot less of a big deal if you play the game right. you could effectively max a character in a matter of hours with enough items/resources.

My blog: image