Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Possible Player RMAH Questions

SnakexSnakex Member UncommonPosts: 317

Hello im thinking of getting into D3, i have played the start edition and it is fun. But my main consern is, and my main reason, is that i want to play to try to make some cash from RMAH, yes i am one of those poor souls, because of my age and my current situation, i do have the time to try such things out like trying to make money from RMAH,

yes i understand it is going to take time to get to that point where im roughly making 100 dollars a week. But my conern currently is, Is RMAH still good to go, im not talking booming im just talking like i can still make money off of it without contribution 3/4ths of my week/life to it. Id be happy if i in the End im making about 400 dollars in a month  from playing at least 20-25 hours a week end game.

Seeking suggestions and help. Thank you.

Comments

• R_M_BR_M_B Member UncommonPosts: 42

There are countries where 600-800 $ a month for a full time job is a lot of money. It is hard to believe one could get this much from just playing a video game instead.

B)
  • BanaghranBanaghran Member Posts: 869

My honest suggestion would be to pick a different game.

While diablo 3 has the advantage of making real money trades allowed, you are also in the unfortunate position of competing with tens if not hundreds of thousands of players in the same situation as you, not even mentioning the multiboxers, botters and nolifers, in a gaming environment that has been specifically tailored with this huge number of market participants in mind.

Gold drops are small, good loot drops are rare, everything is too random, you might find and sell 2 pieces a week for 10 bucks each, then next week something for 200, or nothing above 5 bucks/week for 2 months.

Flame on!

:)

• negacrowbarnegacrowbar Member Posts: 149

When it was first launched, the RMAH was viable to make  a 100 bucks or more a week, but right now, that is not feasibly possible due to the low cost of gold....

Gold sells around 30 cents per million, so for a 3 dollar in vestment, I can buy 30 million gold and buy top tier set pieces for a fraction of the cost that they are offered in the RMAH...

FOr ten dollars, you can get close to 100 million gold and completely outfit your character in the best gear, whne just buying one peice in RMAH would cost that or more...

So, currently the RMAH is not a working system unless you get the gullible and the rich....

• sportsfansportsfan Member Posts: 431
    Originally posted by Snakex

Hello im thinking of getting into D3, i have played the start edition and it is fun. But my main consern is, and my main reason, is that i want to play to try to make some cash from RMAH, yes i am one of those poor souls, because of my age and my current situation, i do have the time to try such things out like trying to make money from RMAH,

yes i understand it is going to take time to get to that point where im roughly making 100 dollars a week. But my conern currently is, Is RMAH still good to go, im not talking booming im just talking like i can still make money off of it without contribution 3/4ths of my week/life to it. Id be happy if i in the End im making about 400 dollars in a month  from playing at least 20-25 hours a week end game.

Seeking suggestions and help. Thank you.

Just by grinding and not counting any drops, the average you gain when playing the end game at Paragon 50+ is 500K + Gold per hour played. (group mode)

So if you would play for 6 hours a day and trade a bit with the GAH (and grinded gems)  , there is arond 4 M Gold per day.

Playing for 30 days that's around 120 M Gold per month.

10 million Gold brings in 2.5 Euros, so I guess 30 Euro a month is about the upper limit when playing for Gold.. Don't forget you need to pay 15% extra to transfer it to your PayPal account, unless you want to keep the money on your BattleNet account.

So don't play D3 for the money, but play it more casual and gain a few coins. I would say that every player who plays it casually is making around 10 bucks a month.

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Become a window cleaner, cheap to start out and you can make a lot of money if you work hard at it.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Banaghran

My honest suggestion would be to pick a different game.

While diablo 3 has the advantage of making real money trades allowed, you are also in the unfortunate position of competing with tens if not hundreds of thousands of players in the same situation as you, not even mentioning the multiboxers, botters and nolifers, in a gaming environment that has been specifically tailored with this huge number of market participants in mind.

Gold drops are small, good loot drops are rare, everything is too random, you might find and sell 2 pieces a week for 10 bucks each, then next week something for 200, or nothing above 5 bucks/week for 2 months.

Flame on!

:)

This ^^

First, if you start now, you will be way behind in terms of farming efficiencies compared to existing players. Even assume you get to L60 fast, you will still be at no paragon level, no Magic Find gear, and can probably only farm low MP levels, with little chance of a valuable drop.

I have may be 500 hours in my main toon, and through all the playing since release (and i don't play it like a job .. so you can probably surpass me day & night), i have made may be low hundreds of dollars. The best drop i have had is a mempo with AR and sold it for $50. Most of my sales is like $10. I have yet to see a $250 (i.e. billion gold) drop.

Don't get me wrong. It is a fun game, and i like the RMAH because it subsidize my gaming (like i bought MOP with D3 money) and RMAH keeps your values (i.e. $) better than gold. But at the end, treat it as a game, not a money making job.