Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

feels like launch week in here heh

Comments

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Its not just those two zones either, the whole world is pretty busy at the moment. Obviously the changes to making open world content more desirable have been well recieved.

Great patch, hope they can do the same amazing transformation for WvW in the upcoming patches.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by Betaguy
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

This just can't be.

According to all the self proclaimed "experts" of this very forum, the game is dying and the servers are empty.

You seeing other players online in massive numbers is simply impossible.

I am glad for the 200K players playing still and enjoying it.

Sounds like you're talking about my server... you on Jade Quarry too?

Oderint, dum metuant.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Volkon
    Originally posted by Eletheryl
    There is only like 10 players on that screen. And im playing right now, trying to level up a least one toon to 80, the game is pretty much a wasteland, there is just not enough people to do ¨DE¨, most of the playerbase is playing Spvp like they did in GW1 and even the WvWvW is pretty much dead, at this moment you´ll find more RvR action in a game like warhammer in his current state than GW2, who do i know that, because i have my 15 free days on warhammer so i was playing at primetime there and on GW2 WvWvW. 

WvW dead? Maybe that explains the 45 minute queue last night... we had to queue up until enough people were in queue to launch the map? But... no... I was talking to my guildies in TS, many of them were in there playing, others also waiting in queue... or to quote the popular movie: "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Yeah I wish it was, queued up all night tonight and didnt get in. Usually I get in after an hour tops. Sooo dead *rolls eyes*.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    Wait! I thought there was a mass exodus to Pirates101!
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • EletherylEletheryl Member Posts: 152
    There is only like 10 players on that screen. And im playing right now, trying to level up a least one toon to 80, the game is pretty much a wasteland, there is just not enough people to do ¨DE¨, most of the playerbase is playing Spvp like they did in GW1 and even the WvWvW is pretty much dead, at this moment you´ll find more RvR action in a game like warhammer in his current state than GW2, who do i know that, because i have my 15 free days on warhammer so i was playing at primetime there and on GW2 WvWvW. 

WvW dead? Maybe that explains the 45 minute queue last night... we had to queue up until enough people were in queue to launch the map? But... no... I was talking to my guildies in TS, many of them were in there playing, others also waiting in queue... or to quote the popular movie: "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Not all the servers have an active population playing WvWvW. 

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Not all the servers have an active population playing WvWvW. 

True. I was in the Norn area working the Living Story stuff while in queue. You know the shaman event that happens there and culminates in the battle with the elemental up? There was a good 40 to 50 people there at that event. It looked like a full blown WvW zerg, including a couple of Commander pins, which was oddly out of place. The Living Story zones... go there. Very not dead. 

Orr... the temples are mostly open. Grenth wasn't when I went to check out the backpiece. By the time I got there they'd already finished the event. Orr is very not dead. 

Oderint, dum metuant.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Betaguy
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

This just can't be.

According to all the self proclaimed "experts" of this very forum, the game is dying and the servers are empty.

You seeing other players online in massive numbers is simply impossible.

I am glad for the 200K players playing still and enjoying it.

Sounds like you're talking about my server... you on Jade Quarry too?

He could be on Yak's Bend ...but he must play during the off hours

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    I was in Plains of Ashford yesterday, on Jade Quarry, and hit an event to protect Ash Legion camp from ghosts attacking. There were 50 people there and 2 with Commander titles - it was mayhem and fun at the same time.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Pivotelite
    Originally posted by mikahr

If you read the forums, GW is abandoned, you dont see anyone else for hours and must skip DEs because noone is ever to be seen.

Though, since i actually play the game know different lol

Are you satisfied with population in TERA? Do you find it "wasteland"?

Didn't say GW2 was abandoned, but from my personal experience mid level zones are pretty dried up. Doesn't mean low level and high level zones aren't packed.

I'm actually downloading the patch right now to hop in game and see if my characters end up finding people for DEs with these new changes.

Do you folks eat your crow in a stew or do you make pies out of it ?

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Good to see that some new content has brought a revival.  The game is never going to truly die or be as bad off as the naysayers say it will, simply because of the B2P deal.  Some people will play all the time because they love the game.  Some people will play until they stop enjoying the current content, then return when new stuff comes out.  Others (myself included) will stop playing because it's not the game for them (me).  But in all, I think the amount of people who will be back for more content will override those who won't come back at all; this will probably end up being sort of a fluctuating constant (oxymoron much?).

Again, good to see that things are lively again.

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588

In my opinion it speaks for itself the fact that someone feels like they have to make excuses or prove anything with a big patch-day screenshot. So the 'fanboy' camp has spoken. What now, the 'hater' camp counterattacks by posting screenshots in ten days when the patch has cooled down, with the same area emptied out as a ghost town?

I will never understand why some people are so rabid about defending whether a game is alive or it is dead. You play it and enjoy it? Good for you, stick to that. These threads are pointless - both when it's about "GW2 is still full as the first day!" and when it's about "GW2 is abandoned!". Simple troll baits, and nothing more.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704
    I'm no expert on GW2 but I have been playing the last couple months and I am looking forward to checking this out :D  Fun.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    I don't play GW2 any more so I can't say what it is or is not.What I do know is the WvW design and game play has driven me away and I won't ever be back until its drastically improved.
  • DekahnDekahn Member UncommonPosts: 90
    oh look another one of those posts *rolls eyes, walks away* alot of delusional ppl, im sure the games doing great... really...
  • drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Wvw is flawed they need to change it .we all agree.they made change this week .it didn't fix the main issue.wich is the faction balance.and even when balanced ,the lack of balance if a for is killed .i die vs Hitler I don't want the odd to stay equal .i want the balance tipped on my favor if I die .if I kill him I expect to be needed vs that played or those player .the idea?is to have a dynamic way of balancing wvw.
  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    There is definately a feeling of more players.  Could be because the living story is putting more people in certain areas, but even the starting zones seem busier.  I've certainly chatted more in the last week or so than for the last couple months.  My guess is that people are returning to the game and people are still buying it.  I met a couple first timers tonight actually.  Good sign for the game.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Sure looks like proof up in here, want me to go take a picture of 800 people at TERA nexus to show you it's the most popular MMO and that it doesn't need to go F2P?

These aren't server numbers, they don't mean anything. But it's to see you found some people for an event of some sorts.

Figures you'd be the first really negative comment in here.  And you used to ask me why I hung around the TERA forums.  Heh.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    The thing is lot of people only power leveled and skipped most of the game story .and plot.now people want to know what happened between the point a and point b.espacially more so now that be it at one spot or the other in the world there won't be any free ride also the gear you LL get is your level whatever it is .so this make it interesting to help go kill say the giant invading a char outpost and seeing that insane champion slam the steel blast proof rate open with himself only .he slam his foot on the ground?you die be it level 20 or max level.and this make these fun.most of the time you LL be so busy rezing to create a meat shield between you a d those champion you won't have time to be bored .he see you (the giant)he pick up a giant sized rock and grow it your way (you think it won't reach (your dead)grin yep it did reach you while you were rezing your better half .this isn't max level content this is level 23 stuff.if that pace of ai keep going the way I saw those champion at max level must be insanelly smart at end game.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Sure looks like proof up in here, want me to go take a picture of 800 people at TERA nexus to show you it's the most popular MMO and that it doesn't need to go F2P?

These aren't server numbers, they don't mean anything. But it's to see you found some people for an event of some sorts.

5 months later and your still at it.  Does it ever get old being a hater?

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Gonna take alot more than dailies to get me back into that game.
  • AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

Photoshopped pictures.

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Originally posted by Eir_S

Figures you'd be the first really negative comment in here.  And you used to ask me why I hung around the TERA forums.  Heh.

Yeah it doesn’t surprise me one bit either. I mean I could pull out the weekly numbers on K-TERA and show that the vast majority left the game, before it went F2P over there. I could also pull out the HOURLY populations logs J-TERA had. They hit rock bottom in November. Max populations hovered between the double and triple digits per server. We could also pull the fact that each region had severe server merges to drop PVE servers down to 1 or PVP servers down to 1 (usually in under 1 year). TERA-EU… no comment; their forums speak for themselves.

Nexus can reach those numbers during the 2 evening events for the only PVP server; you don’t reach those numbers for the PVE server. And the RP server wishes it could come close to that. So he would be correct about 1 server. We could also pull the fact that EME was probably the only (MMORPG) company in history to try and quad-dip their customers; funny how other “tab” target P2P MMORPGs don’t need to go to that extent. The next worst “recent” offender would be The Secret World… but they only tried to double dip theirs. Then there is the fact that queue times for mid to high level dungeons (excluding max level) could take hours and hours unless you are a Lancer. I have a snap shot of a dungeon that took me 7 hours before giving up. I could post that up as well.

So he says he can show a picture of a zone with close to 800 people on one server and that validates the “fact” that it doesn’t need to go F2P versus BHS’s metrics? Of course. Gotta love die-hard fans/white knights/apologists!

So I could bring all that up and post everything to derail this thread… but I won’t. I’m going to put my flower hat and walk away towards the beautiful sunset. Unless of course you really want me to bring it up. Most popular MMO from the list of 600? Good. Good.

• ScivaSciva Member UncommonPosts: 298

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/World-Populations-decreasing

No doubt it'll be turned into somthing negative, but what can you do?

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Sciva

can look at that thread couple down is a post from Colin Johanson

"We created more capacity a little while ago guesting went up live to allow more chances for people to move around their home worlds if they wished to do so. In game population wise, you’ll be excited to know login numbers and peak concurrency numbers have been slowly going up or staying consistent depending on the day going on 6 weeks in a row now. We’re very excited to see that =)"

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Sciva

can look at that thread couple down is a post from Colin Johanson

"We created more capacity a little while ago guesting went up live to allow more chances for people to move around their home worlds if they wished to do so. In game population wise, you’ll be excited to know login numbers and peak concurrency numbers have been slowly going up or staying consistent depending on the day going on 6 weeks in a row now. We’re very excited to see that =)"

This ^

I can also speak from first hand experience, SoR was trying to allow more players to transfer over during this time. When Anet made the change, all of a sudden every server's population dropped by about 1-2 categories (nothing was displayed as full). There was nothing to indicate that anywhere near enough players had logged off to make that possible, but the population still dropped.

The game's population, despite some people's claims, is actually growing overall. This isn't to say that some servers don't feel more empty than others, but there is still a healthy population in the game.