Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Been there done that, nothing new to see here.

darkblightdarkblight Member UncommonPosts: 55

events> warhammer online. 

wvwvw  poor copy of DAOC, very poor copy. 

Battle Grounds ( wow does them better w/ arena's)

Itemization: a joke. Mixing and matching stats/ builds does very little. 

The name of the game is Guild Wars, and without a top tier guild you are nothing. No way to really impact the game or other players, 99% of the time you will not bother to chat or deal with other people, as there is no need to. 

At the end of the day players like a world they can interact with and have a impact on, this game is more like a concentration camp, your name becomes some randomized number and you are sent of to your corner to do your job. 

This is a great game for a first time mmo player, to teach them the bare minimum a game can offer and be a mmo, but for any depth look elsewhere. 

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Its always good to just let it all out.
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by darkblight

I will agree with that part.GW2  Dynamic Events are better than Warhammer online's PQs.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066

The name of the game is Guild Wars, and without a top tier guild you are nothing. No way to really impact the game or other players, 99% of the time you will not bother to chat or deal with other people, as there is no need to. 

At the end of the day players like a world they can interact with and have a impact on, this game is more like a concentration camp, your name becomes some randomized number and you are sent of to your corner to do your job. 

This is a great game for a first time mmo player, to teach them the bare minimum a game can offer and be a mmo, but for any depth look elsewhere. 

1. i agree, i would even say events >>>>>> WHO

2. Its better than DAOC in more ways than its worse. Rose colored glasses bro

3. Hardly. And its just a groundwork for more elaborate system.

4. This prooves you NEVER played GW2. Itemization/build can COMPLETELY change how your class plays from glass cannon to bunker build

5. Another proof you never played the game, you dont even know what "Guild Wars" was. And of course joining a good guild has impact, but im guildless and enjoying it, you dont have to be in a guild to have friends, that is if they actually like you.

And again the guy that promotes "forced social interaction" and doesnt know that what HE wants is - anti social. Maybe theres a reason people dont want to talk/play with YOU.

6. You can interact with the world in GW2 more than in 99% of MMOs out there. And it gives more freedom.

7. And here we go again, please point us all to that mythical MMO that is "deeper" than GW2 because noone can find it.

Play it first, then comment. And its ironic that now that they removed rez zerging in dungeons all those "MMO vets", that dont even know basic thing as how to properly dodge, QQ "ITS TOO HARD" even if someone soloed it ( no gear to blame here even) rofl

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

according to your text you should be playing then :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• Marcus-Marcus- Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    But just think.. You would have to pay $15 a month x3 to get all that.. :p

I play GW2, is it perfect? No, but its a real value. I have bought gems i haven't used just to support them..

Game offers quite a bit in my opinion
  • Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by Marcus-

I play GW2, is it perfect? No, but its a real value. I have bought gems i haven't used just to support them..

Don't we all love the long lists of games people need to come by to say GW2 is same old same old.

I've even see single player space sims...

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Well... no, no they dont.

The majority only wants a world they can explore and dungeons they can clear...

Its very simple. WoW has what? 9 million players? Those players dont have any affect on the world.

Players are killing each other in Planetside 2 and all they do is fight over terrain for XP so they can unlock weapons and skill faster...

The masses dont want to "impact the world" they dont need 100% unique mechanics, and they certainly dont need a carrot on the stick min max feature thats only put in a game to keep subscriptions flowing.

Guild wars 2 is fine the way it is. It has a large immersive world that promotes exploration, it has large scale pvp, competitive small scale pvp, useful crafting and an interesting take on dungeon mechanics (more like ARPG maps than mmo dungeons). 

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    There should be a special practice forum for trolls so we don't have to wind up tolerating amateur attempts such as this. Twice-chewed and regurgigated talking points. Oy.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• FARGIN_WARFARGIN_WAR Member Posts: 166
    Originally posted by Volkon
    There should be a special practice forum for trolls so we don't have to wind up tolerating amateur attempts such as this. Twice-chewed and regurgigated talking points. Oy.

While I kinda agree with you, I fail to see how you group of regulars that jump into every one of these kind of threads every time anybody farts in GW2's general direction is any less of a waste of everyone's time. Including your own.

I don't think either faction is guiltless in wasting people's time filling up these forums with numerous posts rehashing the same old crap.

If you don’t do stupid things while you’re young, you’ll have nothing to smile about when you’re old.

Originally posted by Torgrim
    Originally posted by FARGIN_WAR

While I kinda agree with you, I fail to see how you group of regulars that jump into every one of these kind of threads every time anybody farts in GW2's general direction is any less of a waste of everyone's time. Including your own.

I don't think either faction is guiltless in wasting people's time filling up these forums with numerous posts rehashing the same old crap.

[mod edit]

Pretty much this right here. If people came in and offered arguments as opinions based on actual facts there would be an intelligent discussion of opinions about things and we could all sit around the campfire sharing smores agreeing to disagree. But it's when people come in and blatantly lie about the game for whatever reasons that some come out to address and expose those lies.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    Originally posted by mikahr

1. i agree, i would even say events >>>>>> WHO

2. Its better than DAOC in more ways than its worse. Rose colored glasses bro

3. Hardly. And its just a groundwork for more elaborate system.

4. This prooves you NEVER played GW2. Itemization/build can COMPLETELY change how your class plays from glass cannon to bunker build

5. Another proof you never played the game, you dont even know what "Guild Wars" was. And of course joining a good guild has impact, but im guildless and enjoying it, you dont have to be in a guild to have friends, that is if they actually like you.

And again the guy that promotes "forced social interaction" and doesnt know that what HE wants is - anti social. Maybe theres a reason people dont want to talk/play with YOU.

6. You can interact with the world in GW2 more than in 99% of MMOs out there. And it gives more freedom.

7. And here we go again, please point us all to that mythical MMO that is "deeper" than GW2 because noone can find it.

Play it first, then comment. And its ironic that now that they removed rez zerging in dungeons all those "MMO vets", that dont even know basic thing as how to properly dodge, QQ "ITS TOO HARD" even if someone soloed it ( no gear to blame here even) rofl

Lies

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• darkblightdarkblight Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Originally posted by Thane

been playing mmo's since uo son.

just because a piece of crap is cheap does not mean it's not a piece of crap.

You should try actually playing GW2 then instead of making up a few strange tidbits of drivel and coughing them out.

Oderint, dum metuant.

Originally posted by Z3R01

Well... no, no they dont.

The majority only wants a world they can explore and dungeons they can clear...

Its very simple. WoW has what? 9 million players? Those players dont have any affect on the world.

Players are killing each other in Planetside 2 and all they do is fight over terrain for XP so they can unlock weapons and skill faster...

The masses dont want to "impact the world" they dont need 100% unique mechanics, and they certainly dont need a carrot on the stick min max feature thats only put in a game to keep subscriptions flowing.

Guild wars 2 is fine the way it is. It has a large immersive world that promotes exploration, it has large scale pvp, competitive small scale pvp, useful crafting and an interesting take on dungeon mechanics (more like ARPG maps than mmo dungeons). 

a) wow had its most subs when you could stand out in the game via raid or pvp progression.

b) wow let's you have more of a impact than guild wars 2.

I can name a long list of well known wow guilds and players who found ways to stand out..

guild wars 2? a year from now it will be all but dead, and again it's just a ocean of nameless bodies with a few ocassional guilds making minor blip on the gaming radar.

websites publish articles about events that have happened in great games.. like swg ( the first large faction battles)

wow ( say the players griefing the in game funerals or first to max out all achievments )

or even EVE ( just recently a large all out war was covered by gaming websites )

no such things will come from gw2. most of the hard core guilds have already moved on to other games.

You should try actually playing GW2 then instead of making up a few strange tidbits of drivel and coughing them out.

i have 3 lvl 80's played from the start, try again

i have 3 lvl 80's played from the start, try again

You see... I find that hard to believe. Three 80s, yet no apparent working knowledge of the game itself? Something isn't right  here.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Oh look, another person blaming their social awkwardness on GW2. How new!
  • Marcus-Marcus- Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

just because a piece of crap is cheap does not mean it's not a piece of crap.

Your opinion, "son" ( i guess i can call you that as apparently I have been playing MMOs longer than you.

Between that comment, and the character deletion for dueling...  Yea, i hope you find your dream game, but my time in this thread is done.

umm, good luck, son.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

OP:

Been there done that, nothing new to see here.

only time I felt that way w mmos was with LOTRO and RIFT, both were heavily WOW influenced for their UI and gameplay

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Mannish

Always?    In tightly packed elevators?

Silent but deadly, ftw.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

Originally posted by Icewhite
    Originally posted by Mannish

Always?    In tightly packed elevators?

Silent but deadly, ftw.

If it's silent, those are the best places. image

Oderint, dum metuant.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

OP claims to have three lvl 80's in a game that he has called trash...makes sense..............

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Becareful OP, saying anything bad about GW2 is a punishable offense haha. It's pretty much mandatory to bash anything not GW2 or Sandbox here. This is dangerous ground ye tread.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433

KILL THE NON-BELIEVER!!!

NICHT ÜBER GW2 SPRECHEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!