Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which version will you buy ?

BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

I'm going to pre-order the game shortly for the 360. Now Iv'e noticed that there are 3 versions , standard , collectors and Ultimate. Standard is £34.99 ( £37.99 on amazon ) and the Ultimate is £79.99 ( £63.90 on amazon ). Does anyone know what all the extras are ? I was going to go for the standard but considering the ultimate is £63.90 then I might get that version. This is what you get with the ultimate edition.

• Product Includes:

• Exclusive Defiance Messenger Bag
  • DLC Season Pass
  • 30 day Xbox Live Gold subscription
  • Game box and disc
  • Hellbug Statue
  • Art of Defiance Art Book
  • Defiance Soundtrack and Bonus DVD
  • VBI Contract
  • Two Defiance post cards

Digital Items

• 1200 Bits
  • Ark Hunter Infiltrator Outfit
  • Hydra Heavy Weapon
  • Retailer Exclusive weapon
  • VBI Sentinel Shield
  • 7 Day scrip boost
  • 7 Day XP boost
  • Lock Box
  • +5 Inventory
  • Exclusive in-game title: Pale Wars R?nin
Not sure what the DLC season pass will include , what is 1200 bits ? i take it a lock box is for storage ( derp ) a few weapons and a shield is good i guess. Anyways any thoughts on what I should get , i already have a gold account , mostly wasting money as i don't play the 360 much atm , so I'm ok with that cost.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
"SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

Comments

• HeafstaggHeafstagg Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Is the game buy to play with a cash shop? Or buy the box with a sub attatched to it? I haven't found a clear answer on this yet.

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by Heafstagg
    Is the game buy to play with a cash shop? Or buy the box with a sub attatched to it? I haven't found a clear answer on this yet.

B2P and yeah probably with a cash shop , i guess the season pass is probably tied to the first season of the TV show and thus you get all DLC within the game for that first season ?

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Found some information about the game from the official site :)

Preorder FAQ - Updated Jan 30th

<blockquote restore="" "="">Howdy - 

In response to the Q&A thread these questions have been answered and we'll continue to answer more questions as we get the answers, approved wording, and appropriate guidance. 

Q: What is the value of 1,200 bits? What is the real world value of the 30 day exp & scrip booster? How much is the season pass worth?

A: As much as I’d love to give you clear answers on these, individual values of these are still being tweaked as we adjust the balance of the game. What I can tell you, is that we intend for 1,200 bits + 30 day XP boost + 30 day Scrip boost + Season Pass together to be worth approximately $80. If during our balancing of the game it turns out that any of these elements are worth less than what we intend, we’ll increase quantity or substitute an item of greater value. People who buy Ultimate and Collector’s Editions are very important and we make sure the value they receive from these editions is much greater than what’s in the actual box.

Q: What exactly is a "lockbox"? Would really love an answer on this one and how it will work in-game.

A: Lockboxes are containers that typically have a few items such as weapons, shields, resources, or currency. Lockboxes require Key Codes to open. You find Key Fragments by exploring the world and defeating enemies. Once you have enough fragments, you can combine them to create a Key Code which unlocks a lockbox. Lockboxes with rare items may require many Key Fragments to create a Key Code. The lockbox that comes with our special editions is already unlocked, and doesn’t require any Key Fragments or Key Code. It’s a really nice bonus.

Q: Will the outfits apply to all characters as often as we want? Also can we display parts of one outfit and parts of another, or simply one total package?

A: Outfits are purely cosmetic and consist of 2 parts – the main outfit and headgear. The Ark Infiltrator outfit comes with sunglasses for headgear. You can mix and match the outfit and headgear. Our preorder outfits apply to all characters on your account, and can be equipped and unequipped as often as you like.

Q: Will the colors apply to any vehicle we obtain or limited to one vehicle type?

A: The preorder offer is not a vehicle color as much as a special color vehicle. All Ark Hunters start out with a quad runner they can summon at any time. Those who preorder will have a different looking starting vehicle than anyone else. The color does not apply to any other vehicle you acquire or drive as you play the game.

Q: Are the exclusive weapons a low level fun item or does it somehow have special properties that can be broken down for use in later game items?

A: The exclusive weapons are exclusive versions of weapons you can find in game. They are more appropriate to starting characters, but the real benefit is having access to these types of weapons ahead of where you might naturally encounter or find them. These weapons give starting characters a much better shot at surviving the dangerous world of Defiance.

***UPDATE***

Q: How many DLCs are planned? What is the value of DLC?

A: I can’t speak to the details of DLC yet; we will be announcing those in February. What I can tell you is that Defiance will have numerous free updates, just like any online world. You will not need to buy the DLC to enjoy these free updates! Stay tuned for more clarity on how DLC will work in Defiance.

Q: Any word on beta for consoles?

A: Yes, there is a beta planned for both Xbox 360 and PS3! Our second event is on February 8th and is PC only. We will announce timing of the console beta after we complete the 2nd Beta event.

Q: Do the outfits have an in-game effects or are they decorations?

A: Outfits do not have any in-game effects. Some outfits can be bought with in-game currency (scrip), others can be purchased in the store with virtual currency (bits), while others can only be unlocked by completing in-game objectives. So while they do not have any functionality, some outfits are highly sought after for prestige, as they indicate achievement others may not have managed.

Q: Why does the $150 Ultimate edition only get 7 days of xp/script but the Digital Deluxe gets 30 days?

A: The Ultimate Edition comes with much more value in the form of collectible art book, hellbug statue, and of course the Season Pass and bits. Since digital customers won’t be getting any of those, we wanted to make sure they had good value in their edition also. Don’t worry, you will be able to purchase boosts in the Defiance store once the game is live.

Q: On your website it says Ultimate get the title Pale Wars Ronin and Collectors get Badlands Drifter.... GameStop shows Ultimate as Badlands Drifter; going to assume GameStop is just labeled incorrectly?

A: Everyone who purchases the Ultimate Edition will get both the Pale Wars Ronin and the Badlands Drifter titles. That’s what ULTIMATE means to us! Also, we’ve decided to throw in a lock box with every physical and digital edition!

Q: Do the 3 day xp boost from preordering and 7/30 day xp boost from different editions stack together? Are they an inventory item you can use and last said amount of time OR do they become active once you input in whatever code they are attached with? 

A: Boosts are used up one at a time, in the order they were acquired. So if you have a 3 days boost and a 33 day boost, your boost will last 33 days. Preorder special boosts kick in from the time you first log in, and last their duration in real time, no matter how much you play during that time.

They added more too , I will read and devour the new information shortly. Anyways it seems ther are codes that will open up lockboxes so that might turn out weird but we will see. The £63.90 sounds not too bad from how they described the pricing of just a few of the digital items in that Q and A.

source here and the site has nothing to do with me or MMORPG.com in any way.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?1402-Preorder-FAQ-Updated-Jan-30th

Cheers,

BadOrb.

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by Heafstagg

PC or PS3 does not look to require a subscription

Xbox 360 requires the Xbox Live GOLD subscription. 

The GOLD subscription is nothing if you play other games that use the GOLD subscription, however there is the thought of what will become of the Xbox 360 once Xbox Next is released? The original Xbox lost all access to online games and DLC. With Phantasy Star Universe the PC and PS2 servers closed first, and Xbox 360 carried on, but then the Xbox 360 was an active console, and PS2 was fading away, and Phantasy Star Online games are best played on console (which is a shame that PSO2 is not but hopefully be compatible with Xbox 360 controller for Windows)  Hopefully the Next Xbox will add to Xbox Live, and you can use the Xbox 360 still alongside the next Xbox, but if the Next Xbox requires an extra subscription, will you want to be paying a GOLD subscription just for this?

I think the PC version has the greater strength of carrying on, as once the new consoles release, the Xbox 360 and PS3 may start to fade away, unless they block used games, which will make the Xbox and PS fade away, and people move to PCs or the Steam console which is really a PC and plays PC games.

I think I will get the PC Ultimate edition inititially, but it all depends on finances come the day. I may get Xbox 360 as well, but may wait, and if it is not something that can be resold, then may get it on digital download from the Marketplace.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    After much thought lastnight I will be skipping this title all together. There is two mmmo's coming out this year that intrest me more after I weighed the pros and cons of each. The repopulation and The Elder Scrolls Online will be plenty to occupy my time.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• xI_PsYcHo_lxxI_PsYcHo_lx Member Posts: 3
    I will be purchasing the Ultimate Edition from Gamestop. For the Xbox 360.

Xbox360 GT: xI PsYcHo lx

• ToxiliumToxilium Member UncommonPosts: 905
    None. Waiting to hear reviews. GW2 was the last MMO I'll get into upon launch and it was also the last game I will ever pre-order.

• evemaster00evemaster00 Member Posts: 171
    Originally posted by Toxilium
    None. Waiting to hear reviews. GW2 was the last MMO I'll get into upon launch and it was also the last game I will ever pre-order.

You'll be glad to find out you made the right choice.

Sadly I can't say why. Nobody is allowed to post anything negative about Defiance, even if it's the truth. Every time I've tried my post has been deleted by the mods.

Best save your money.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    I hope nobody is planning on buying this before they at least try it for a day.
  • StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Originally posted by mmoguy43
    I hope nobody is planning on buying this before they at least try it for a day.

Sound advice for any game

This discussion has been closed.