Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The people complaining...

I notice that the only people complaining have never played DAoC and do not realize the awesomeness that is about to be unleashed in 2013 called ESO. I have been waiting for a DAoC 3 Faction RvR game since the WoW Clone Wars began. This is going to be the MMO that will bring balance back to the force.

I suggest people try out DAoC to see how three faction gameplay works. I understand DAoC isn't what it used to be but you will get an idea.

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."

Comments

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123

I did play it...was meh.

I think you will find though that a lot op people complaining are TES fans.....isn't that odd!

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    Originally posted by Grunch

I notice that the only people complaining have never played DAoC and do not realize the awesomeness that is about to be unleashed in 2013 called ESO. I have been waiting for a DAoC 3 Faction RvR game since the WoW Clone Wars began. This is going to be the MMO that will bring balance back to the force.

I suggest people try out DAoC to see how three faction gameplay works. I understand DAoC isn't what it used to be but you will get an idea.

Exactly, well met sir.  I still play DAoC off and on today. 

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• ikarrianikarrian Member Posts: 122
    Possibly because they pretty much asks for a Singleplayer game. Unless you can convince them to make two TESO games, one with PVE only, and other with FFA PVP Gank anywhere you want.
  • deakondeakon Member Posts: 583
    Originally posted by Maelwydd

I did play it...was meh.

I think you will find though that a lot op people complaining are TES fans.....isn't that odd!

So are most of us that arent compaining

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

you know marc jacobs is working on a new project?

not alot of infos yet, but the 2 trailers... actually say nothing - and make you wanna play it :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gVWNDpv2O90

seems to be a new daoc or sth... just a general guess tho 

(the veil was hinted, 3 factions too and so on)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

or

People do not realize the awesomeness that is about to be unleashed in 2013 called ESO. I've been waiting for an Elder Scrolls game since I first stepped out of the dungeon in Daggerfall. Once I saw what was possible in Morrowind, with the multiple vampire clans, rich history, things to discover, I was hooked. This is going to be the mmo that finally brings multi-player Elder Scrolls to the players.

I suggest people try out early Elder Scrolls games and not just Obvlion or Skyrim to see how incredible they really are."

so, where was "Elder Scrolls" in any of your post?

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

I notice that the only people complaining have never played DAoC and do not realize the awesomeness that is about to be unleashed in 2013 called ESO. I have been waiting for a DAoC 3 Faction RvR game since the WoW Clone Wars began. This is going to be the MMO that will bring balance back to the force. I suggest people try out DAoC to see how three faction gameplay works. I understand DAoC isn't what it used to be but you will get an idea.

If DaoC was so great, Why did it ultimately under preform in the end?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by Nitth

I don't consider still being around 10 years later under performing. But hell it's only 10 years. I bet SWTOR and all these other shit titles will make it 10 years too, right?

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

it came in the ages.

engine was outdated at a certain point imo

and, just assuming since you had to ask.... you didnt play daoc, did ya? :P

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

Originally posted by deakon

I did play it...was meh.

So are most of us that arent compaining

[mod edit]

Sorry if my post came across as hostile I just get fed up of some how being labled as not a tes fan just because i'm looking forward to a tes mmo, hell I even got accused of being empoyed by ZOS the other day just because I'm fine with faction locks.

• ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528

So let's see...complaining about a game when they didn't play another game=unreasonable.

But overheated claims like "...awesomeness that is about to be unleashed" and "This is going to be the MMO that will bring balance back to the force." =measured discourse. I'm indifferent to ESO, but if I was excited, I'd say stop arguing for my side.

Originally posted by Aeonblades
    Originally posted by Nitth   Originally posted by Grunch I notice that the only people complaining have never played DAoC and do not realize the awesomeness that is about to be unleashed in 2013 called ESO. I have been waiting for a DAoC 3 Faction RvR game since the WoW Clone Wars began. This is going to be the MMO that will bring balance back to the force.     I suggest people try out DAoC to see how three faction gameplay works. I understand DAoC isn't what it used to be but you will get an idea.  
    I don't consider still being around 10 years later under performing. But hell it's only 10 years. I bet SWTOR and all these other shit titles will make it 10 years too, right?

Never said it died, I said it under preformed. Everyone that talks about it is like "when i was playing DaoC i was having the greatest time" which begs the question if so many people were happy with it, Why did they leave? Why Didnt it go on to become something like blizzard has done?

How Did it stack up with everquest player numbers? (thats a serious question, I really dont know)

Originally posted by Thane
    Originally posted by Nitth   Originally posted by Grunch I notice that the only people complaining have never played DAoC and do not realize the awesomeness that is about to be unleashed in 2013 called ESO. I have been waiting for a DAoC 3 Faction RvR game since the WoW Clone Wars began. This is going to be the MMO that will bring balance back to the force.     I suggest people try out DAoC to see how three faction gameplay works. I understand DAoC isn't what it used to be but you will get an idea.
    it came in the ages.

engine was outdated at a certain point imo

and, just assuming since you had to ask.... you didnt play daoc, did ya? :P

I didn't play it.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Originally posted by deakon

Sorry if my post came across as hostile I just get fed up of some how being labled as not a tes fan just because i'm looking forward to a tes mmo, hell I even got accused of being empoyed by ZOS the other day just because I'm fine with faction locks.

I too am getting sick of things. I post valid reasons why I think faction locking races is a bad idea, give my reasons and state what I think should have been done. This is all hyperbole at the moment but I really get annoyed with the "don'ty like, don't play" brigade. It is childish, evades the point of the discussion and just shows how shallow an argument they have.

I have 1 issue with TESO as I understand it atm. That is locking faction into character creation/race selection. From that stems a lot of problems, some perhaps too much for me to really enjoy yhe game. But I will be damned if I will not keep speaking my mind with hope.

• DrolkinDrolkin Member UncommonPosts: 246
    I've played several games with 3 factions, yawn.

Originally posted by Grunch I notice that the only people complaining have never played DAoC and do not realize the awesomeness that is about to be unleashed in 2013 called ESO. I have been waiting for a DAoC 3 Faction RvR game since the WoW Clone Wars began. This is going to be the MMO that will bring balance back to the force.     I suggest people try out DAoC to see how three faction gameplay works. I understand DAoC isn't what it used to be but you will get an idea.  
    Never said it died, I said it under preformed. Everyone that talks about it is like "when i was playing DaoC i was having the greatest time" which begs the question if so many people were happy with it, Why did they leave? Why Didnt it go on to become something like blizzard has done?

How Did it stack up with everquest player numbers? (thats a serious question, I really dont know)

Fair enough, I'll answer ya. EQ had more players across more servers. I won't deny that, I love both games, but this is true. However during it's hayday for around 5+ years, DAoC had between 200-300k subscribers at any given point, depending on expansion releases, frontier releases, etc. etc. It had plenty of people in game for many years, and only in the last 2-3 has it really seen a drop in population as the controls are clunky and graphics sub par by today's standards. EQ is having the same problem, thus why it is now F2P.

If DAoC went F2P, It would have the same influx EQ is currently experiencing, albeit not quite as many people because it had a smaller player base to begin with as PvP games tend to have less players vs PvE MMO's. EQ had around 500k subscribers during it's prime, but I would say that number is well below 20k now for actual subscribers, a lot of servers are ghost towns, but some are still bustling.

The 1 server DAoC has active atm is actually very busy, just last month I played around with 14 free days and participated in 2 relic raids in a week. Fun is still there, even if both games have a fraction of the players.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

Well, to me it comes down like a SWTOR with a Elder Scrolls theme.

There is Multiserver and heavy instancing and your client will never see more then 200 players at once on srceen.

No idea what game they made with PvP and whatnot, but its the core, that isnt attraktive enuff to me.

Then there is this weakspoiling speech from the company "ya we use Hero, but a very special blahmuhblubb ..."

Ya, it looks nice, but ..

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Complaining? Brother you ain't seen nothing yet. Just wait until the first BETA videos are released. Then every nitpicker in the site will be chewing away at this game ;)

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723

I played DAoC briefly. It wasn't my thing because I'm not really into pvp.

I have played every TES game since Daggerfall so what ZeniMax are releasing isn't in my eyes an Elder Scrolls MMO. Not saying it's going to be bad, it could well be awesome for those people that like RvRvR pvp and/or loved DAoC. It's just not the Elder Scrolls MMO I would like to see.

Originally posted by rawfox

Well, to me it comes down like a SWTOR with a Elder Scrolls theme.

There is Multiserver and heavy instancing and your client will never see more then 200 players at once on srceen.

No idea what game they made with PvP and whatnot, but its the core, that isnt attraktive enuff to me.

Then there is this weakspoiling speech from the company "ya we use Hero, but a very special blahmuhblubb ..."

Ya, it looks nice, but ..

200 players on screen is a lot of players on screen, cant think of many games that can handle that many on screen at once, swtor couldnt handle 50, most games struggle with 100+

Originally posted by Vonatar

I have played every TES game since Daggerfall so what ZeniMax are releasing isn't in my eyes an Elder Scrolls MMO. Not saying it's going to be bad, it could well be awesome for those people that like RvRvR pvp and/or loved DAoC. It's just not the Elder Scrolls MMO I would like to see.

I wish everyone on this forum was like this. Not what he wants, but not willing to completely write it off as a catastrophic failure. Good show.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

No, we've just heard "This one will finally be DAoC's spiritual successor" a few too many times.

It's a well-used and worn out marketing bullet.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

Originally posted by Vonatar

I wish everyone on this forum was like this. Not what he wants, but not willing to completely write it off as a catastrophic failure. Good show.

I would say someone who states pretty much they will not play it has "written the game off" more then those saying they dislike a particular feature (and honestly, I can't think of anything else about the game people dislike...but it is such a HUGE part of the game to dislike).

Of course you don't write with passion if you don't really care about the subject.

Originally posted by Icewhite

No, we've just heard "This one will finally be DAoC's spiritual successor" a few too many times.

This I will agree with. They would of been better off saying "Experience the Elder Scrolls universe in a way never before, with popular elements from other games as well as new and innovative features." Even if it's not true, drawing an immediate paralell to DAoC was a mistake.

• ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528
    Originally posted by Icewhite

QFT

Originally posted by boxsnd
    [mod edit]

What kind of rubbish is that.