Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rise of the Dragonian Era

So heres a decent game that probably none of you have heard of. As the title suggests, it's called Rise of the Dragonian Era, or RODE for short. It is a free to play game that is focused on dragons. If you have super high expectations for a game,  this may not be the game for you, but it can be extremely addictive for the right person. The developers have recently opened a new global server, in which a player can choose from English, Spanish, Turkish, or Korean. Having once been primarily English, the Korean population has now exploded, and so I am attempting to maybe see if I can draw in a few English players to regain our bold stance in the game. The level cap is currently 50, and there are 2 factions.

PvE-

~The game has the standard quests that most games have(kill a few mobs, collect some stuff, etc), along with region quests(kill a certain amount of mobs, then kill the boss that appears),  dungeons, grind areas, daily quests, world bosses, wave arenas, and some flying mobs. Leveling up is fairly easy to accomplish through the quests, though some grinding might be needed.

PvP-

~ Region War- This is where players sign up for a battle, and once the queue fills, the players are sent to one of 3 maps where the two opposing teams face off.  One of the 3 maps is Occupation of Asios, which is a capture the flag game. Another is Eminence Domain, where players must hold areas while demolishing the other team. And the last is Mystery Island, where the two teams are put in a small area, where there is no where for anyone to hide. The winners of the war recieve contribution for their tribe, scrolls for enhancing gear, dragon coins for the event, and exp. There is also a chance to get more rewards depending on how well you did.

~ Open World- You can invade the enemy faction and kill them. The first maps of each faction, where the main town is, and the quests for levels1-25ish is non-pvp. But the second maps are fair game, as well as the third and fourth maps which are shared by both factions.

~ Tribe War- In this game, guilds are called tribes. Through Tribe Wars, any two tribes can wager contribution and gold, and fight it out in a special arena. The battles can be as small as 7v7, or as large as 49v49.

~ Castle Seige-  There are two castles, one for each faction. Castle Seige allows players to go knock down the enemy's castle gate, and kill the boss within for items, and to summon the dragon vendor. The faction being attacked will be notified so they can defend. Seige weapons are currently under development for this, as well as a feature where monters can randonly attack the castles.

~ Duels- This is in most games, so I don't think this needs an explaination.

~ Territory Occupation- This is currently under development, but once finsihed, the two factions will fight to control certain regions.

Classes-

3 races per faction, 4 classes, and 2 subclasses per class. Wont go into too much detail here, but the classes are balanced pretty well, and the subclasses are very different from eachother.

Cash Shop-

On the first server, the players got screwed over with an extremely imbalancing cash shop, but wishing to rectify the problem, the developers took out most of the game breaking items when they opened the new server. Taking out these items, along with some new systems for upgrading gear, the cash shop is no longer an imbalancing disaster.

Dragons-

Through the game, you will have a quest chain for raising your dragon from an egg. From these quests, you should expect to have your full grown dragon by level 35. A player gets to choose from 6 different types(they are different for the factions, and each have their own unique skills). Once you have your full grown dragon, you can use it for most PvE, and for open world PvP. There is also a dragon dungeon that is currently under development.

Like I said, if you have super high expectations for a game, then this might not be for you. I do however urge anyone looking for a game to come try this one out. I can't fully explain the game here, so visit the website, and maybe give it a go.

Website- http://rode.netgame.com/

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Another crappy Asian f2p game..........Well, add it to the long list.
  • BiiibshankBiiibshank Member Posts: 8
    It's actually not a bad game. I'm the type of player that is extremely picky about the games I pick, and I grow tired of most games after a few months. But this game has managed to hold my attention for a little over a year now(I joined at release). Like all games, it has it's problems, but it has yet to bore me.
  • DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Thought this thread was gonna be about the recent mmo fixation with dragons lol. Guess i was wrong.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
    It doesnt look bad, maybe it should be added to the mmorpg list.

Yeah, I've notced that this game is missing from a lot of game lists... dunno why.
  • kiravelikiraveli Member UncommonPosts: 79

When I stopped playing EQ I played Hero Online for the longest time, then quit for WoW. Community was great though. Didn't realize this game even existed so gave it a try. It's really not bad at all, love that I can move and cast some things. Server is nothing but Koreans though, as you said.

My chick sounds like an asian man trying to be feminine and the UI is a bit confusing. Selling is equally annoying, lots of drops, no space. Gonna give it another try though, overall pretty decent. Thanks for showing!

Actually, the lots of drops was a bug that was fixed yesterday. They were trying to increase the drop rate for Alchemy mats, but did it a little too much. So now the drops are fixed and there is plently of room in your inventory. As for the Korean part, that's why I'm here lol. If you are going to try it out again, and want an English tribe, you can join Reverence on the Azurian side. There are some other English tribes, but since I'm in Reverence, that's the only one I'm gunna say lol

Used to be mostly English game. But when they globalized it, the Koreans sorta took over.

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,983

I played it after beta.  Then there was no way to level your dragon egg - they had not released a full dragon yet.  There was a RIDICULOUS system of feeding your egg thousands of mounts with only a chance it would hatch.  It cost tons of game money so you had nothing left for crafting.  You got a humiliating goat to ride or a free bat to fly around on a timer.  When the timer ran out they expected you to pay irl cash for a TEMPORARY mount (month only) and it was way expensive.  Walking anywhere was annoying to impossible - you NEEDED a flying mount after beginner area. Dungeons were okay but the type of players attracted to a crappy game do stupid like drop off half way thru.  But what you had to do to raise that egg was soooooo stupid.  The egg was designed to hook you in all the way until End Game, paying real life cash hoping to get a full dragon to ride SOME DAY FAR OFF IN THE DISTANT FUTURE.  

My parting comment on their forums was, "I thought I would get to ride a dragon when I joined this game.  Since that is not true I'm outta here."  If they changed anything I would not know.  Looked to me like one of those f2p that are designed to take a lot of your real life money and give you vague promises and little in return.  Note I am pro f2p over pay or box, if done right.  

Originally posted by Jemcrystal

I played it after beta.  Then there was no way to level your dragon egg - they had not released a full dragon yet.  There was a RIDICULOUS system of feeding your egg thousands of mounts with only a chance it would hatch.  It cost tons of game money so you had nothing left for crafting.  You got a humiliating goat to ride or a free bat to fly around on a timer.  When the timer ran out they expected you to pay irl cash for a TEMPORARY mount (month only) and it was way expensive.  Walking anywhere was annoying to impossible - you NEEDED a flying mount after beginner area. Dungeons were okay but the type of players attracted to a crappy game do stupid like drop off half way thru.  But what you had to do to raise that egg was soooooo stupid.  The egg was designed to hook you in all the way until End Game, paying real life cash hoping to get a full dragon to ride SOME DAY FAR OFF IN THE DISTANT FUTURE.  

My parting comment on their forums was, "I thought I would get to ride a dragon when I joined this game.  Since that is not true I'm outta here."  If they changed anything I would not know.  Looked to me like one of those f2p that are designed to take a lot of your real life money and give you vague promises and little in return.  Note I am pro f2p over pay or box, if done right.  

You are wrong, at least for how the game is now. 

First of all, they have made dragons MUCH easier to obtain. The scroll, which used to be a dungeon drop, is now a quest reward, and you get to choose which dragon you want, instead of it being random. As for the mounts, you no longer combine mounts to upgrade them. You simply buy one mount, and level that one up. Also, leveling mounts and hatching your egg is no longer based on chance, it is a 100% success rate.

As for the goat, and the temporary flying bat- the goat was a free mount given at a very low level quest. That is very generous for a game to give so early. They have also added in other temporary flying mounts for quests, to hold you over until you can make a permanent one. And as I said, they made it a lot easier to make and level mounts, since you no longer need multiple mounts, but only one. Besides, they never forced anyone to buy the mounts from the cash shop, anyone is able to make any mount they like, and always have been.

As for your parting comment, I have already disputed it. A player can easily expect to have the full grown dragon of their choice by level 35.  It is no longer hard, or expensive to make a dragon. It still takes some time, but there are plenty of temporary flying mounts given to you for FREE, and making a permenent one takes only a little time now.

All of your comments and resentments are outdated, and no longer apply to the game. You are complaining about how the game was over a year ago. They have completely altered the game from when you played, and most of it's systems- right down to enhancing gear, to the crafting system, to everything that was heavily complained about.

Furthermore, I was rank 8 on the PvP board on the old server, and I have not spent a single penny on the game. This game does not force you to pay irl money to be good. I, along with many other top players, are living proof of this.

• DatawarlockDatawarlock Member Posts: 338
    Actually... I've never had a goat mount in a game before... I'm jealous >.> lol!
    Then come play lol
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by Biiibshank
    meh, never mind, "cheefully withdrawn".
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

Too late! Already read it! lol

Umm, somewhat true I guess, except I dont work for the company, I'm just a player. I am simply trying to spread awareness of the game to English players since the Koreans took over..,

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Too late! Already read it! lol

Umm, somewhat true I guess, except I dont work for the company, I'm just a player. I am simply trying to spread awareness of the game to English players since the Koreans took over..,

yeah that's sort of the conclusion I reached and decided to withdraw it. erm... have fun!

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

Been trying for 20 minutes, and can't get the damn thing to embed, but here is a link for the trailer if anyone is interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyJgLCjPAU4

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,983
    Originally posted by Jemcrystal

You are wrong, at least for how the game is now. 

First of all, they have made dragons MUCH easier to obtain. The scroll, which used to be a dungeon drop, is now a quest reward, and you get to choose which dragon you want, instead of it being random. As for the mounts, you no longer combine mounts to upgrade them. You simply buy one mount, and level that one up. Also, leveling mounts and hatching your egg is no longer based on chance, it is a 100% success rate.

As for the goat, and the temporary flying bat- the goat was a free mount given at a very low level quest. That is very generous for a game to give so early. They have also added in other temporary flying mounts for quests, to hold you over until you can make a permanent one. And as I said, they made it a lot easier to make and level mounts, since you no longer need multiple mounts, but only one. Besides, they never forced anyone to buy the mounts from the cash shop, anyone is able to make any mount they like, and always have been.

As for your parting comment, I have already disputed it. A player can easily expect to have the full grown dragon of their choice by level 35.  It is no longer hard, or expensive to make a dragon. It still takes some time, but there are plenty of temporary flying mounts given to you for FREE, and making a permenent one takes only a little time now.

All of your comments and resentments are outdated, and no longer apply to the game. You are complaining about how the game was over a year ago. They have completely altered the game from when you played, and most of it's systems- right down to enhancing gear, to the crafting system, to everything that was heavily complained about.

Furthermore, I was rank 8 on the PvP board on the old server, and I have not spent a single penny on the game. This game does not force you to pay irl money to be good. I, along with many other top players, are living proof of this.

Great for you.  Let me know when I can have a dragon at level 10, the cash shop sells matching underwear, and I can breed robots and bunnies together to amuse myself.  Perhaps RotDE has saved face.  I know I'm still so angry at them I will not go back until millions of player base start proclaiming it the best f2p ever!