Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest II: 700 Accounts Banned

2»

Comments

• D0ZeRD0ZeR Member Posts: 489

Originally posted by rickintx
    It won't last, the bots will be back 10 times as strong, but until that happens next year, enjoy your bot free time.  They'll put on a good show cleaning house while the game is new, but a short time passes and it'll be bot city again.  Take a look at original EQ, it's crazy there.  Unlike the looping someone said is part of the game in swg, EQ bots use all third party software.

Yep he may be right, but don't forget dude you also need to deal with us that will turn you in when we find you. So keep it up I hear they are working on a master list of names and cc numbers to ban from all these online games. Sooner or later we will get you all out for good.

Take no thought of who is right or wrong or who is better than. Be not for or against.
    Bruce Lee

• sabutai22sabutai22 Member Posts: 262

Originally posted by Lepidus

SOE has announced that they have banned over seven-hundred accounts as a result of cheating observed in their hit MMORPG EverQuest II. The announcement comes with promises that they will continue to fight to ensure that all players are on an even playing field. Over 700 Exploiters? No Thanks.Sony Online has continued efforts since launch to keep the EverQuest II game world free of players who use exploits to gain an unfair advantage, especially with bots and macros. Over 700 accounts were banned for various forms of cheating and exploiting during the past 2 weeks alone. It is our goal to continue investigations into suspicious in-game activity and ban accounts with violations.
    “We'd like to thank our EverQuest II customers for all of their reports in rounding up these crews, and helping us show them they're not welcome in Norrath,” said EverQuest II Senior Producer Scott Hartsman. “A few hundred 'bot subscriptions just aren't worth the money when compared to keeping the game fun for hundreds of thousands of people.”

This is a PERFECT example of people trying to tell the MMORPG world that we are TIRED of the same old griind fest!

• markbaranovmarkbaranov Member Posts: 27

Originally posted by sabutai22

SOE has announced that they have banned over seven-hundred accounts as a result of cheating observed in their hit MMORPG EverQuest II. The announcement comes with promises that they will continue to fight to ensure that all players are on an even playing field. Over 700 Exploiters? No Thanks.Sony Online has continued efforts since launch to keep the EverQuest II game world free of players who use exploits to gain an unfair advantage, especially with bots and macros. Over 700 accounts were banned for various forms of cheating and exploiting during the past 2 weeks alone. It is our goal to continue investigations into suspicious in-game activity and ban accounts with violations.
    “We'd like to thank our EverQuest II customers for all of their reports in rounding up these crews, and helping us show them they're not welcome in Norrath,” said EverQuest II Senior Producer Scott Hartsman. “A few hundred 'bot subscriptions just aren't worth the money when compared to keeping the game fun for hundreds of thousands of people.”

This is a PERFECT example of people trying to tell the MMORPG world that we are TIRED of the same old griind fest!

Perhaps, but thats still no reason to macro... Good job SOE, wish more companies would do the same with people that macro.
    ::::28::

• sabutai22sabutai22 Member Posts: 262

Originally posted by Pindakaas
    People that have macro programs have an unfair advantage over those that dont. You've never been in the crafting instance and seen the same person take hit after hit? Never use the counter spells? God I wish I could say that, besides cheating its annoying to listen to them groan and scream every 2 seconds. I craft with the sound down just because of that.

WTG Sony, heres one person that is definately on your side

Why should someone be penalized for playing "SMARTER" and not "HARDER", i bet i make more $$ than you so from what your saying you think i should lose my job because i have an "unfair" advantage over you since with more $$ i can buy better cars a larger house?

Trust me the number of players that WISH they could bot or macro out number you by a long shot!

• rickintxrickintx Member Posts: 10
    I'm sorry, I think I gave the impression that I was a user of bots and macros.  That's not it, I am just tired of Sony.  My post was frustration with their lack of oversight when I was playing EQ all the time.  My account is still active right now but I don't think I'll be renewing.  I haven't really enjoyed playing for about 2 years.  Anyway, I just meant that they are kicking people now but as soon as they feel you won't leave the game anymore, they will start looking the other way and counting their money.
  • SpawnsageSpawnsage Member Posts: 4

said EverQuest II Senior Producer Scott Hartsman. “A few hundred 'bot subscriptions just aren't worth the money when compared to keeping the game fun for hundreds of thousands of people.”

Now THAT is a switch.... I wish to heck they would take that same posture in EQ1. We have so many hex hackers running around these days that its not even a suprise to see Quarm warp down a level anymore. Just freekin rediculous.