Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Robotech movie slowly making progress.

IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

Yup "Warner Bros. is finally moving forward with the project, appointing feature film newcomer, Nic Mathieu to the director's chair."

Newcomer is not the word for this guy. His only directing credits are "commercials, Mathieu has also recently nabbed another Warner project called The Wind." So basicly WB is willing to throw some money to the robotech movie but they dont want to hire a big name director and or big name actors.

Only other person who is keeping this movie alive is "Tobey Maguire (attached to the film for over 5 years,) remains on board as producer." Which means he will be spending his own money to make this movie. Im not holding my breath on this one folks. To tell you the truth I am glade that it has mostly ppl like Nic Mathieu onbord because well to be honest he porb wants to start his career off with a bang with a OMG movie or movies in this case so I feel that this will be his heart and soul if you will and since Maguire has invested his time into this apeartly a huge robotech fans he seems to be well then maybe we might get a decent movie after all. Guess time will tell.