Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warglaive RL Comparable Weapons.

NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

I have to say the azzinoth warglaives are my favorite weapons in any video game to date, Which makes me wonder where the inspiration for these wonderfull weapons came from.

I think To look at them it would be reasonable to assume an exotic or Asian influence.

So my question is: Does anyone know any real life weapons that look similar?
If so i would love to read up on the weapons history.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Comments

• dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271
    I named my cat after Illidan, and it's dying of leucosis now :(
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by dimnikar
    I named my cat after Illidan, and it's dying of leucosis now :(

:(

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559

Best I can think of is a katar like weapon, but other then fan-lore RL something its unlikely something like that would have been created considering its very very unpractical.

A 2h variant on the otherhand.. better known from a Tv series that broadcasted singe 1966.. The Bath Leth. which is based on an actual sword (  Heaven and Earth Sword,)  , with an argueble more ergonimic design.

Originally posted by Panthien
    Best I can think of is a katar like weapon, but other then fan-lore RL something its unlikely something like that would have been created considering its very very unpractical.

Actually having a quick flash back to the tv show "Xena", Ringed weapons have been used in history maybe not quite a wargliave but it seemshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_and_fire_wheels are used in Chinese marshal arts. So practicality would only be an issue of appropriate size?

A 2h variant on the otherhand.. better known from a Tv series that broadcasted singe 1966.. The Bath Leth. which is based on an actual sword (  Heaven and Earth Sword,)  , with an argueble more ergonimic design.
    I actually had to look that up because ive never heard of Heaven and Earth, Yeah that does look comparable.

Thanks for the links, Going to have a bit more of a read on that 2h.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

The warglaives are a fist weapon

I can see inspiration ranging from Tonfas to certain fighting style with daggers and those circle bladed weapons 

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

Originally posted by dinams
    The warglaives are a fist weapon

I can see inspiration ranging from Tonfas to certain fighting style with daggers and those circle bladed weapons 

In the game there itemized as swords, But a fist weapon does look plausible. Infact I
    Did a quick google search for Tonfas and the way they are held is very similar to how the fictional warglaive is.