Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First memory of playing WWIIOnline from back in the glory days

Despite what other say, I did *ONCE* love playing ww2online. I was a day 1 player, in fact I remember joinining an IRC channel  about a week before the game went live where the Rats were giving out beta keys for answering questions. Man...I wanted to win SOOOOOO bad!!! Never did. I remember talking about the game with my boss everyday for MONTHS beforehand about how great it was going to be. Want to drive a tank? Done. Want to fly a fighter? Done. Bomber? Done. on and on.....sooooo much excitement for the launch day. 

For launch day I bought a whole new computer system (worked as a tech) JUST to play this game, took 2 days vacation so I could game my face off. I was one of the *FEW* who actually managed to log in that day...I know...amazing I did!!!! First thing I did was get in that starter German plane (forgot what is now) ME109? Anyways...I took off and was just amazed at the thought of thrashing tanks, planes, and infantry. As I fly I spot a CharB motoring along a field and so I though..hmmmmm what if  I ram him? I tried....failed...died....then couldn't log back in.

those 15-20mins were utter bliss back in the day. So far the mighty have fallen.