Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this a joke?

13»

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Originally posted by Razperil
    Originally posted by Arclan

Wow 11k. That was uber fast back in the 1908s.

Too bad it's FTP. Not interested in games that try to pull out your wallet instead of charging a fixed fee. If it doesn't flop in a couple months like every other FTP game has, I might download it. Hope the speed is better than 11k by then.

Flop in a couple months like every other free to play game has? Really? There are a ton of free to play games that surpass the "couple" month mark. Quite a few are in their "year/years" mark.

Also to add onto this, they have stated that there isn't going to be anything necessary or power gaining in the shop. So far it's all entirely cosmetic, including cosmetics in a way I haven't seen before, reskinning tabs in a storage? Colored / named how you want, that's pretty unique. Character slots, bank slots, weapon skins, armor skins, skill effect changing skins, dances. 

• shinkieshinkie Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by pupurun
    Originally posted by jpnole

I just registered at the website and full of joy and with a thrilling sensation i pressed the download button...Only to see after a while:

Download Speed:   11.00 KB/sec

Is this a joke? Tgey seriously expect us to take them seriously and give them our money? And don't give me the usual " its beta/its the start/its new and there is a tremendous load on the download server'' crap , because i remember online games with a much bigger hype and logiacally server loads that had a much bigger upload rate at all their players (US and EU).

Trion with RIFT for one...Fastest closed/open beta download of a client ever...(played RIFT for a month-don't like it so much).

Time to upgrade your ISP. Why are you judging a game based on your poor ISP?

There is no ISP in this world that  allows you to download to thats speed....[mod edit]

An ISDN connection should download even faster than that. Plain as simple..They are not putting out any more bandwidth due to costs they DON'T want to pay. I strongly dissagree but i understand, I am a business man myself. But let me judge them accordingly. You can allow me that right?

*** I have never download a game so slow. And i have downloaded tens of mmos, betas, ftp, bops anything...name it. If my speed was like 100-200 kb/s( which is still a joke) i would never have started this post...

Why don't you play some other game instead and skip Path of Exile? If you cannot take them seriously... Then why don't you take you and your money elsewhere to a game that you would take seriously. 

If the download speed is giving you so much mental anguish. Then do yourself a favor. Stop downloading, skip the game, go out or find another game and find your peace.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    The funny thing is, I am downloading right now and I think this may be one of the fastest downloaded games I've ever had. I guess waiting until the rest of the planet wasn't downloading all at the same time made a slight difference...
  • HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

So I was at the store the other day picking up a few things.  To get to where I wanted to be I chose to walk through the toy area of the store.  As I made my way through an isle packed with toys I became privy to a mother and sons discussion on why he couldn't have it right now.  He was really working mom with the sad eyes and the protruding bottom lip.  Finially, as I cleared the isle mom put her foot down and firmly stated "No, you cannot have it right now!"

It was on ...... the kid immediately dropped to his ass and began screaming like she had just smacked the shit out of him.  I mean really screaming, there wasn't an area of the store where you couldn't hear this whiny little child letting the whole world know.  I poked my head around the corner to see mom dragging the kid by one arm down the isle.  Kicking, screaming the whole way.

On a side note ..... POE is a pretty good game

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by NaughtyP
    As a 40 year old child i got one thing to say to you. Indie or not..they are selling a product. And adding bandwidth means spending money. If they want to earn money they have to spend some

If you don't know the difference between beta and production, and the concept of F2P with cash shop... you've got some reading to do.

That's true, but beta is so abused now it's not a really good shield argument.  When a company soft-launches a game (accepts cash shop payments), then they should be ready for prime time criticism.  If they aren't then money shouldn't be changing hands.  The sub-free feature shouldn't excuse any company from scrutiny.

For people to tout it's strengths and proclaim it a Diablo successor in one breath, and then defend flaws, weaknesses, and criticism with the shields of "beta" and "indie" in the next breath is disengenuious at best.

I'm not saying criticism should not exist, even for games in beta. Heck, I was probably the most negative Nancy on the SWTOR beta boards (accomplished nothing btw). But if the biggest complaint someone has is the patching speed during a "soft launch" as you called it, I would be damned thankful as a customer.

I guess you can't please everyone. /shrug

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• FiredornFiredorn Member UncommonPosts: 93

I paid money to get in early as an early backer.  Patcher speed was fast.  Now that open beta launches, there's server load.  If you can't accept that as fact, then I don't know what to tell you.  The fact that you compare an indie developper, that tries to do their best within their means, to a big money publisher like Trion (for Rift), leads me to believe that you are simply here to troll.

You could move on to the next game, you know?

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by Firedorn

I paid money to get in early as an early backer.  Patcher speed was fast.  Now that open beta launches, there's server load.  If you can't accept that as fact, then I don't know what to tell you.  The fact that you compare an indie developper, that tries to do their best within their means, to a big money publisher like Trion (for Rift), leads me to believe that you are simply here to troll.

You could move on to the next game, you know?

I, for one, hope he does.

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

UPDATE 2:  Guess what guys... I tried to download again 30 mins ago and my download speed is 2,5-3,00  MB/sec

That's a big difference from 11 KB/sec don't you think? Something 's propably changed and that's definetelly a plus!

See you in game!

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Downloaded yesterday AT the peak hours DURRING the server crashes and down times.  Was downloading between 1 and 3 megs per second. 

Perhaps the problem is your service provider.

• 32style32style Member UncommonPosts: 24

My God, you're ignorant and clueless beyond imagination.

I feel disgusted by the fact that we're probably same age....

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

UPDATE 2:  Guess what guys... I tried to download again 30 mins ago and my download speed is 2,5-3,00  MB/sec

That's a big difference from 11 KB/sec don't you think? Something 's propably changed and that's definetelly a plus!

See you in game!

Yes, there arn't 100,000 people trying to download it at the same time anymore.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • codifiercodifier Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by 32style

Then, how old is he? I would bet around 15 years old, because his attitude, ignorance and stupidity is at that level. Too much bs on this whole thread.

• dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271

Yes, they're trying their hand at stan-up comedy and this is their first bit.

Can't you tell?

• aWRAYaWRAY Member Posts: 84

You are getting 11kbs on a download for a video game? Thats too bad.

My friend Starvin Marvin from Africa envys the problems in your life

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402

perhaps i didnt make myself clear....i said 11kb/s

i REST my case. Enough said....There is no excuse.The company knows pretty well the possibility of a patching server overload and increasing its bandwidth is not equal as to creating a hydrogen bomb...They should have already done it.

Although you guys are right , i have to be patient for a game that i didnt pay a dime(yet) BUT how many times we've seen the same policy on limited patching bandwidth even from AAA companies? IMO when you enter the huge(in competition) world of mmos you can expect BUGS...and patches...but when you offer me a FREE chance to TRY your product..dont discourage me from minute ONE by making me go through a 1-3 days of downloading , while sometimes offering BETA weekends(LOL).

*Been downloading and playing mmos for almost 17 years from the stone age of dial up through isdn   etc.. Never seen any upload of this ''magnitude'' by a company that SELLS a product.

except this is not an MMO lol

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186
    Originally posted by aWRAY

Problems are always subjective, not objective.

Originally posted by codifier
    Originally posted by 32style

Then, how old is he? I would bet around 15 years old, because his attitude, ignorance and stupidity is at that level. Too much bs on this whole thread.

Don't badmouth me anymore or else you 'll get reported for bashing an underage .Be gentle.I'm fragile.

• aWRAYaWRAY Member Posts: 84
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow
    Originally posted by aWRAY

Problems are always subjective, not objective.

Regardless, I'm sure you get the point.

• rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693
    I am retarded and don't understand the concept of free.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Well got home last night about 6pm GMT and thought I would downlaod the latest patches after reading this thread..

My download was gonig at full speed most of the time around 4mbs sometiems it did drop to 1.5 but not for long.

• MisterTeaBHMisterTeaBH Member Posts: 22

i REST my case. Enough said....There is no excuse.The company knows pretty well the possibility of a patching server overload and increasing its bandwidth is not equal as to creating a hydrogen bomb...They should have already done it.

Although you guys are right , i have to be patient for a game that i didnt pay a dime(yet) BUT how many times we've seen the same policy on limited patching bandwidth even from AAA companies? IMO when you enter the huge(in competition) world of mmos you can expect BUGS...and patches...but when you offer me a FREE chance to TRY your product..dont discourage me from minute ONE by making me go through a 1-3 days of downloading , while sometimes offering BETA weekends(LOL).

*Been downloading and playing mmos for almost 17 years from the stone age of dial up through isdn   etc.. Never seen any upload of this ''magnitude'' by a company that SELLS a product.

Me and many other people here and that i know have downloaded at speeds from 1mbs to 10mbs.

sort your internet out and stop complaining

Originally posted by Neubauer21

Me and many other people here and that i know have downloaded at speeds from 1mbs to 10mbs.

sort your internet out and stop complaining

Well since i am from the EU and tried to download at prime time US (when hundreds were trying at the same time) and since their bandwidth allowance of their patching servers was ,imo, way too low, i was getting speeds of 11 kb/sec. 

Now when i tried at an EU timezone(when  all you guys were asleep that is) then the bandwidth was a hell lot better at around 1,5- 2 MB/sec. But maybe they also raised their patching capacity, since they DID announce they were going to do something about it.... 

Anyways,i got in the game it was hell of fun! I think that they have a good prospect here!

Peace out bros