Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Meddled with and dumbed down to pointless.

shassashassa Member Posts: 8
Annoyed with myself for re-subbing to Rift. Trion had the best customer service by far and a very decent game, but the constant nerfing and meddling, all in the name of class balance, just became too much. I tired of finding all my points reset week in, week out. To satisfy PVP class balance they dumbed down PVE. With the pared down souls and dumbed down gameplay the game became boring. Countless little things changed i.e. the requirement to purchase a new soul - now just given - chip away at any reason to play. Skills abandoned. Re-subbed to find it has just gone further down the same route. There seems little point in the soul system now-just pick a pre-rolled soul -  easy mode just like the rest of the bland borefest it has become. Shame really.

Comments

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    The class system and souls were very very shallow to begin with. I seriously doubt they could have dumbed it down anymore. Although I am guessing your favourite build got nerfed and that is the reason for this post?
  • ereyethirnereyethirn Member Posts: 79
    Originally posted by evilastro
    The class system and souls were very very shallow to begin with. I seriously doubt they could have dumbed it down anymore. Although I am guessing your favourite build got nerfed and that is the reason for this post?

No, they could and did dumb it down more, they effectively told you exactly where to  put what for a decent build without ven having to look up forums or talking to people...

• TalraekkTalraekk Member UncommonPosts: 255
    Course the builds they give you are fine, but I've found far more effective builds just going away from the pre-defined builds.  My main two builds on the rogue class are completely different than anything they throw at you.....
  • causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Originally posted by ereyethirn
    Originally posted by evilastro

No, they could and did dumb it down more, they effectively told you exactly where to  put what for a decent build without ven having to look up forums or talking to people...

No they just made guidelines for new players... you still have all the same customizability there was before. Please do at least some research. The people in my guild all have different builds for the same classes, which are all effective. Made by themselves, no guidelines from Trion.

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Originally posted by shassa
    Annoyed with myself for re-subbing to Rift. Trion had the best customer service by far and a very decent game, but the constant nerfing and meddling, all in the name of class balance, just became too much. I tired of finding all my points reset week in, week out. (It's obvious you never play, I'm playing Rift for quite a while, and never have my points been reset) To satisfy PVP class balance they dumbed down PVE. With the pared down souls and dumbed down gameplay the game became boring. (What exactly is 'dumbed down' in your opinion? You keep on saying it, but give no examples) Countless little things changed i.e. the requirement to purchase a new soul - now just given - chip away at any reason to play. Skills abandoned. Re-subbed to find it has just gone further down the same route. There seems little point in the soul system now-just pick a pre-rolled soul -  easy mode just like the rest of the bland borefest it has become. Shame really. (Souls are only pre rolled for new players, you can step away from it whenever you want, it's just a guideline).

Its seems to me you just want to flame on a game while you already knew what to expect. And the things you say are not even true, well done spending money on something you knew you wouldn't like anyway.

• shassashassa Member Posts: 8
    Sorry to dissapoint your little dig Evil, but I had no particular favourite build. They also nerfed all builds. The reason for my post was exacly as the post read - a general dissatisfaction at yet another game being dumbed down. As Ereyethirn pointed out, there is no reason to research or get involved with any build. Each time something is taken away from a game, or just given with no requirement to earn or achieve the reward or progression, there is just a little less reason to play it.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I remember quiting shortly in when they nerfed warrior tanky pvp builds due to mages whineing about ability of warriors to DO SOLO PVE better than them.

They've always listened to forum whine posts.
  • NacarioNacario Member UncommonPosts: 222
    My issue with Rift is that the combat is so lackluster, those animations doesnt make you feel engaged. Second issue is that Rift is probably the perfect classic themepark MMO, a genre and direction I very much dislike.