Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did Garrett Fuller get in trouble?

LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

"We're going to be locking up the comments on this thread as this is a one-off piece by Garrett. As you all know,  we do not allow the discussion of free/private/emulated etc. servers on our forums.

We appreciate your understanding. Thanks!"

What's a  "one-off peice" mean?

Did Garrett Fuller get in trouble?

Comments

• ezpz77ezpz77 Member Posts: 227
    I don't see how he'd be in trouble since articles are more than likely vetted by editors before being published.
  • RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

"Hey guys! I've been playing on a free server and it's awesome! Reminds me of how great UO was in the old days, and of how fantastic a good sandbox can be! What, you want to know which server so you can experience the golden days of UO? Sorry can't talk about that. No, you can't discuss the article or free servers in general either. Site rules and all. Anyway, off for more free UO awesomeness. Bye!"

Pretty much what I got from it. Double standards at their finest.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

The article header does state, "See what we've got to say before leaving your own thoughts in the comments."  So it's anybody's guess as to what's happening here.  

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• paulythebpaulytheb Member UncommonPosts: 363

I agree.

It doesn't seems right to post the article, then disallow comment.

If it is not to be commented upon, then it should not be posted.

One way or the other. Either the rules apply, or they do not.

The double standard leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

I don't know ask him? SOme of the rules in this forum make no sense whatsoever and some are plain counterproductive, but i'm pretty sure you are not allowed to discuss them either, which lead to the beginning of this sentance. This site is very old fashion when it come to internet forum, which is accurate since i think i know this site since EQ early days, i'm not sure it was a fucking themepark nest back then, and i kind of disliked them. (UO startics was the place to be)

PS! no offence guys, i mean it to be historical data :D

• ShaikeShaike Member UncommonPosts: 301

All i know is it's Sunday so now is the only time you can actually write whatever you want as they are all on weekend leave...

and YES - i will probably get banned or something for this - but i agree that this site rules suck......

Just my 2 cents...