Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Frustration and Blizzard's Shrugs

kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

I started playing Diablo 3 again this year.  That's when the problem began for me, and the frustration has gotten to the point that I've quit for the night and won't be joining a friend for the evening.

I'm not frustrated about class balance, items, auction house, skills, or difficulty.  I'm frustrated because the game has become for me and many others nearly unplayable.

Every day for weeks that I have played there have been massive lag spikes, disconnects, and the worst of them all - temporary freezes of the client.

When I mentioned the lag spikes in game chat, several agreed that it was common and only with Diablo 3.  One even went so far as to claim he knew the times of the day to avoid playing because of worse lag spikes.  Another shining community member told me to upgrade my PC and called me an idiot and said the others who mentioned lag were performing various indecent acts on me.

The disconnects are frustrating as well, because they just suddenly happen.  Walking along, in town, killing that boss, moving closer to the legendary item to pick it up, boom kicked out to the character select.  Server is still up, can join a game again, but progress and items are lost.

Then the worst - client freezes.  Dozens and dozens of times now I've had my character die to sudden client freezes.  I can alt tab just fine, do other things on the computer.  I can also sit there and wait while the scren is completely frozen while in game, and eventually it will resume just fine, once my character is dead usually.  This would make playing a Hardcore (permadeath) character stupid as no matter how well you played, Blizzard itself would kill your character.  The amount of time the screen is frozen varies, sometimes a few seconds, sometimes a minute or so.

Blizzard hasn't replied specifically to the last issue.  They generally don't seem to find anything wrong with any of the game, including issues I've only read tons of threads about but not exprienced such as real money sales not giving the person any money after weeks and multiple support tickets, or how for-gold auctions sometimes don't give the item to the player with a winning bid, nor return his gold.  There's tons of issues, largely ignored or blamed on the players computer.

This is the only game with such terrible issues for me with regards to the lag and freezing client.  I could think it was my computer, if not for page after page and thread after thread with the same and similar issues ignored by Blizzard.

We want to play, and they don't care enough to even mention they read what issues we have.