Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what shard to use?

shadowlord30shadowlord30 Member Posts: 86

i'm new to ultima online, i'm busy downloading it, and play the trail after i install it and i hearing about these "shards". What are "Shards" how do i use these "Shards" and what "shards" are the best?

Comments

• Katyenka\XavKatyenka\Xav Member Posts: 36
    Pick the nearest to where you live, ie if you live in UK play on europa, this way your more likely to have a better connection, also pick one thats in your own language as some are for japanease or german
  • gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

atlantic, and shards are servers. damn... i even call WoW servers "shards" sometimes.... lol...

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there
  • Snarl-WoWSnarl-WoW Member Posts: 33

Originally posted by shadowlord30

i'm new to ultima online, i'm busy downloading it, and play the trail after i install it and i hearing about these "shards". What are "Shards" how do i use these "Shards" and what "shards" are the best?

The reason why UO servers are called shards is. Mondain the wizard had some gem. The gem was one world. Then the avatar came along and killed mondain and then smahed the gem. After the gem was smashed each broken shard of the gem had its own world. You pick a gem shard to play on as in server. Pacific is a great server and one of the oldest. It has a good community of PvPers and Trammies.

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194

ya pacific is where i put most of my time into 97-04 (a little time in 05) over a span of about 6 accounts, pacific was my home, now everything i loved about it is gone though.

• Katyenka\XavKatyenka\Xav Member Posts: 36
    me to :) i even deleted my chars to hehe