Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA is Beautiful

2»

Comments

• ter234ter234 Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by SpectralHunter
    Originally posted by ter234

I doubt many People outside of NA would complain about the so called "over-sexualization" of the Characters here in Germany for example we even have commercials all day showing nudes and noone rly notices them anymore^^

The only thing that still seems to crack up people here are the Elins since some people still see them as children somehow.

I personally dont play Elin but not cause i see them as over sexualized children i just dont like how armor looks on them.

I agree that I didn't understand why people had such issues with Elin.  I'm a dad with a daughter and I never saw them in that fashion, nor did I think it exploited children.  I suppose I just don't think that way.

Depends.  In many parts of Europe, perhaps people won't see anything wrong with the outfits but the game is being marketed beyond Europe.  But even so, it's oversexualization.  The armor in Tera takes the term "bikini plate" to a whole new level.  When you see armor like that, you have to wonder why the devs made them so (whether or not it violates the sensibilities of where you live).  Once you understand the why, then it's hard to argue that the armor wasn't sexualized.

Ofc it is sexualized but not over-sexualized, sex is one of the most natural things there is so i cant see anything wrong with that.

They made it that way cause sex sells every one knows that^^