Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this article for realsies?

CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
( o.o)
(")(")
**This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

Comments

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

sure is..

its actually been going on for years now.

along  with other crazy stuff, like a couple selling off their kid for in game gold.etc

• WreckoniingWreckoniing Member UncommonPosts: 279
    funny thing about the article is they actually blamed the developers
  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Yep, think of it as one of the labor jobs that prisons are known for. However I believe in this situation there was the ultimatum of meet the quota or get the stick.
  • EnerzealEnerzeal Member Posts: 326
    Ahh if only WoW was free for all pvp and full loot, I'd play a chinese server and never work for my gold again, just kill chinese inmates all day long.
  • RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238
    Yup, it's been going on for quite some time now. Personally I think the author placing the blame on Blizzard is a bit ridiculous. What are they supposed to do, sue the Chinese government? Ban all Chinese players from NA / EU servers?
  • darkkblackdarkkblack Member Posts: 38

That is so sick! But if I ever had to do time jokes on them if they punished me by sitting me down in front of a game like wow all day. 

Starcraft 2 cinematics they have a terran prisoner suit up and fight as his sentence. His armor was his new cell or something morbid like that.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    If I were a prisoner, I'd rather farm gold in WoW than be forced into manual labor. Especially because I bet manual labor is far from pleasant in Chinese prisons.
  • MuppetierMuppetier Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by Castillle

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2011/06/02/chinese-prisoners-forced-to-farm-world-of-warcraft-gold/

on phone and i don have the linkingtags memorized x.x

would not surprise me. Bit of a necro though, look at your URL, article is from June 2011.