Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any one here think ...............

livelyclivelyc Member Posts: 110
Anyone here think that this game will only appeal to those players that like the RTS games like warcraft 3 ? vote

This message has been brought to u by Death, the fulltime sponsor of the lively cadaver

This message has been brought to u by Death, the fulltime sponsor of the lively cadaver

Comments

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

Just because it's based on Warcraft III doesn't mean it's going be like the RTS version.  This game is set in the world of warcraft,  hence the name. :) 

I think it's going to be another MMORPG with a different type of feel,  like 100% of  all the other MMORPGs. :)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?
  • squeeesqueee Member Posts: 722
    I hated the Warcraft 3 RTS game.  I played the beta and couldn't stand it, too much concentrated on one hero leveling up first.  Still I am looking forward to WOW.  The graphics look great and you actually get to play as the hero.

-----------------------------
    HomestarRunner.net

"Its dot com!"

• ClownClown Member Posts: 71
    i don't like how they are portraying kobolds image

• killerTwinkiekillerTwinkie Member CommonPosts: 1,694
    This game will appeal to anyone who likes a colorful game.. anyone who likes the monsters, sure, it will appeal to those that played the RTS games, but as Squee said he couldn't stand them and still wants to play World of Warcraft.

As it stands, I think this is one of the most anticipated games of its kind.  EverQuest2 is either at the same anticipation level for most people or a little above World of Warcraft.  For the fact that it is the sequel to the KING of MMORPGS.

---------------------------------------
    You can't stop the bum rush
    www.mmorpg.com - staff

KillerTwinkie - That one guy who used to mod mmorpg.com's forums.

• VardiaVardia Member Posts: 40
    You said it kT image

• livelyclivelyc Member Posts: 110

Originally posted by killerTwinkie
    This game will appeal to anyone who likes a colorful game.. anyone who likes the monsters, sure, it will appeal to those that played the RTS games, but as Squee said he couldn't stand them and still wants to play World of Warcraft.

As it stands, I think this is one of the most anticipated games of its kind.  EverQuest2 is either at the same anticipation level for most people or a little above World of Warcraft.  For the fact that it is the sequel to the KING of MMORPGS.

www.mmorpg.com - staff
    FINALLY an EQ supporter lol thank god , telling it like it is KT. I swear more people just dont like the game cause it was popular than anything else about it ya know !? Like saying jordan was a bad basketball player just cause  he is/was the best basketball player ever to grace the court.  Bam image

• KingBuddy30KingBuddy30 Member Posts: 59
    EverQuest 2 is the bigest Joke of a MMORPG game. The Question is also stupid this game is nothing like Warcraft. RTS is nothing like an MMORPG. They are only using the WARCRAFT STORY LINE. People who like this game will be people that like rpg games. 

Igsharmik

Games I Play:

Quake Live
    Track Mania Nations Forever
    Runes of Magic

Well king , thanx for your oppinion although you were kinda a jackass about it , Umm i wasnt reffering to if an RTS is like an MMORPG either ok ? I was asking if you can like an mmorpg game that was previously based as an rts game  , and can u like it if you dont enjoy the story line ? But thanx for being a dick image

Yea this game is nothing like warcraft except its the same name , same story , same races.... Jeez NOTHING LIKE IT AT ALL HUH?

• OmolOmol Member Posts: 332

Originally posted by killerTwinkie

www.mmorpg.com - staff

Sorry but EQ is not the King of the MMORPG's.Lineage is with over 2 million players.

----------------------------
    Omol da'Ox

hehe  king of mmorpgs in the north america ?  no one plays lineage in america i dont think.but he isnt saying it was king cause of sheer numbers he is saying it is the king cause it is one of the mmorpgs that made the genre famous . ok ok ultima and meridian 59 were first but eq broguht mmorpg's to the mainstream market , i think that is what big kt is sayin . Anyway back on topic ? plz

Sorry for the rude post.

Games I Play:

Quake Live
    Runes of Magic

point taken , i assumed u would understand that when i said liked the rts warcraft , meant liked the story line as well , characters and all . buut you didnt go that far so i see your point

yea it is totally different gameplay, espiecially different if your used to a warcraft rts based game and story, that was my only point

• VindvalyaVindvalya Member Posts: 115

Kingbuddy, Livelyc's question is a perfectly good question. 

A game that takes story from another game will have that as a gimic, but will the gimic work.  I wouldn't say anything normally but there is no need for flaming people who ask good questions.  It just shows the flamer in a bad light.

As the topic says;

"

Any one here think ..............."

Not me!!!  image

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?
  • ShindouShindou Member Posts: 23
    Who cares Im going to bank on Blizzard reputation as a company.  They have yet to steer me wrong whether or not I will like WOW playstyle only time will tell but as far as the game being kickass you can take that to the bank.

I agree for $150 Alex...  ;)

Blizzard is known for good programming... let us see if they can bring their skills to the MMORPG world.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?
    Sorry for getting all mad and rude.

Igsharmik

Games I Play:

Quake Live
    Runes of Magic

i was a bit out of line to king , apology accepted and given , Wanna make out ? hehehehe (JK JKJKJKJ)

Originally posted by Djin

I agree for $150 Alex...  ;)
    Blizzard is known for good programming... let us see if they can bring their skills to the MMORPG world.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

Good programming is one thing on rpg's , and rts's but i think its going to be harder to program a world meant to fit thousands of players , and some may argue  that diablo was an mmog , and yea lots of people played it but not enough of people played it on the same server ya know

• DeginethDegineth Member Posts: 83

bump!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Arguing on the Internet is like running the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still a retard

• RhevinRhevin Member UncommonPosts: 611
    The only Warcraft III I played were Line Tower Wars. For RTS games I'm still addicted to Age of Empires II: Conquerers Expansion; how long has that been out? 6 years maybe? However, when my computer doesn't crash, I love World of Warcraft.

• BabbuunBabbuun Member Posts: 333

Anyone remember a mediocre strategy called lords of everquest from a while back? I assume this thread has something to do with a great RTS becoming a bad MMORPG because the same has happened inversely.

However, as I recall Lords of Everquest was made by a different team of developers while Chris Metzen, father of the Warcraft universe, has been keeping a very watchful eye on WoW as he did with WC3 & expansion. Main message here = it's a high quality product that follows the intriguing storylines of previous Blizz titles diligently. Chris Metzen never fails image

• BerzerkBlackBerzerkBlack Member UncommonPosts: 168

voted no.

Its because of daoc like gameplay that Ive been looking forward to play this, Ive only recently played warcraft3 ;)