Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Dust live?

RaventreeRaventree Member Posts: 456
Is Dust live?  Can you now be hired by corps as a Dust player and are corps actually hiring them?  This is probably the coolest idea I have heard of since MMOs became a reality.  There is so much potential here with cross-platform MMOs!  I am interested in hearing if Dust players are actually getting work if it is live.

Currently playing:
Rift
Played:
SWToR, Aion,EQ, Dark Age of Camelot
World of Warcraft, AoC

Comments

• MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353
    at the current time only factional warfare is active or shortly will be. they are taking baby steps with the link of the two games
  • RaventreeRaventree Member Posts: 456
    Okay, I was thinking there was already ground fighting going on and I could hire on as a ruthless mercenary who blows shit up for fun and profit.

Currently playing:
    Rift
    Played:
    SWToR, Aion,EQ, Dark Age of Camelot
    World of Warcraft, AoC

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by Raventree
    Is Dust live?  Can you now be hired by corps as a Dust player and are corps actually hiring them?  This is probably the coolest idea I have heard of since MMOs became a reality.  There is so much potential here with cross-platform MMOs!  I am interested in hearing if Dust players are actually getting work if it is live.

Dust is still in closed beta, but the link between Dust and the live EVE game server is now active. Dust players appear in local for EVE players and we can talk directly with them. The link is only at the very early stage though, and only in the Faction Warfare systems, not everywhere in EVE. CCP has disabled most of the link functionality (so EVE players can't yet transfer money to Dust players or vice versa, for instance), with the aim of gradually opening the links up as the beta testing proceeds. They're being very careful not to do anything to damage EVE, and they're also concerned not to disrupt the Dust economy before it becomes established. Sensible of them IMO.

Give me liberty or give me lasers