Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Season 8 and Beyond

RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

In the Ask Cryptic for January, released today, DStahl provided some interesting insights into what's in store for the game for 2013.

"Q: (draven1907) What’s on the menu for STO in 2013 and especially Season 8?

Dstahl: 2013 is going to be a very busy year for STO when it is said and done. Season 8, releasing in the first half of 2013, will focus on adding new missions and storyline to the game in the form of a new adventure zone, new episodes, and another big feature, which is yet to be revealed. We also have Season 9 scheduled to launch in the second-half of 2013. In between all of that will be additional updates, new ships, a few new features and perhaps a mid-year event before next year’s Winter Event."

For the KDF lovers out there, some good news:

"Q: (chalpen) Can you give us a definite, “Yes Season 8 will have KDF only playable content” or “no, none at this time” answer?

Dstahl: The KDF are getting some love in Season 8 but I can’t discuss the scope of it yet. As we get closer to the release, more news and specifics will be released along with some previews of what we have been working on. I personally believe that Season 8 will be a positive release for the KDF."

Additionally, looks like a new Episode is due out at the end of this month for the 3rd Anniversary, which is always welcome.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=800861

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Comments

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Still can't believe they've neglected the Klingon faction for this long. They should have waited another year before releasing this game so that it would be a proper two faction game. Anyways, glad that they're FINALLY getting some love. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

no playable romulans?

With seasson 5 ,I am start loosing interest for STO,after seasson 7 game is killed for me,only hope for playable romulans was reason for keep STO on my HDD...

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823
    Originally posted by Rohn

"Q: (chalpen) Can you give us a definite, “Yes Season 8 will have KDF only playable content” or “no, none at this time” answer?

Dstahl: The KDF are getting some love in Season 8 but I can’t discuss the scope of it yet. As we get closer to the release, more news and specifics will be released along with some previews of what we have been working on. I personally believe that Season 8 will be a positive release for the KDF."

Additionally, looks like a new Episode is due out at the end of this month for the 3rd Anniversary, which is always welcome.

They've said this at least once every year and we're into the 3rd year now. You'd think people would learn, by now. Dstahl version of Klingon faction getting love consists of a mission and purchasable items. The mission will fall under the category of episodic, which will greatly grow the content volume. They've all but given up on saying anything specific about Klingon content, because they don't have any.

Originally posted by Agent_Joseph

no playable romulans?

With seasson 5 ,I am start loosing interest for STO,after seasson 7 game is killed for me,only hope for playable romulans was reason for keep STO on my HDD...

Really,  you hung around hoping for Romulan specific playable content until season 7 ?  Wow, wasn't Klingon content even an mild clue ?

• ValoreahValoreah Member Posts: 75

We've all heard this story before.

It's nice to hear there will be a new zones and episodes and look forward to checking them out. Although I'm almost positive they will just be more rep grinds of one form or another.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by AG-Vuk

They've said this at least once every year and we're into the 3rd year now. You'd think people would learn, by now. Dstahl version of Klingon faction getting love consists of a mission and purchasable items. The mission will fall under the category of episodic, which will greatly grow the content volume. They've all but given up on saying anything specific about Klingon content, because they don't have any.

Originally posted by Agent_Joseph

no playable romulans?

With seasson 5 ,I am start loosing interest for STO,after seasson 7 game is killed for me,only hope for playable romulans was reason for keep STO on my HDD...

Really,  you hung around hoping for Romulan specific playable content until season 7 ?  Wow, wasn't Klingon content even an mild clue ?

they  promis playable romulans after seasson 2, cryptic was ready to add romulans as mini faction as part federation & kdf but players make huge protest stoped to make that mini faction crap.

I dont care for pve content just for playable romulans with exploration missions & pvp,as was KDF,in start .