Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help pl0x

CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
Sooo its been a while since i had my giant meltdown o.O sooooo.....

Im 99% sure i wont have any sources of income starting tomorrow because of my team mates !@&;$ up in the last 4? Months...

So id have to stop my *cough* hormones. Now heres the problem... I have roughly...70k usd saved up. And my family relies on me to pay quite a fair bit of the bills...

Would it be silly of me to pursue my career of choice alone and work on a huge 2 ish long year project to earn some money? I know my money would last but... Would that be too much of a risk? Im so stressed out... I dont know what to do... Im a bad people person and my communication skills are abysmal -.-

I had all my crap planned out forthe next year and just... Cluster!$&@ed -.- idk what to do... I might have to leave the country suddenly n stuff and *doesnt know what to do*

I could hermit it out for the next year and make some product to sell or somefing....

Help pl0x for people who havent iggy'd me and have some free time?

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
( o.o)
(")(")
**This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

Comments

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by Castillle

Im 99% sure i wont have any sources of income starting tomorrow because of my team mates !@&;$ up in the last 4? Months...

So id have to stop my *cough* hormones. Now heres the problem... I have roughly...70k usd saved up. And my family relies on me to pay quite a fair bit of the bills...

Would it be silly of me to pursue my career of choice alone and work on a huge 2 ish long year project to earn some money? I know my money would last but... Would that be too much of a risk? Im so stressed out... I dont know what to do... Im a bad people person and my communication skills are abysmal -.-

I had all my crap planned out forthe next year and just... Cluster!$&@ed -.- idk what to do... I might have to leave the country suddenly n stuff and *doesnt know what to do*

I could hermit it out for the next year and make some product to sell or somefing....

I am totally horrible when it comes to business. So take my words with a few grains of salt.

- If you CAN work, work. Don't spent saved money needlessly. There can always be bad times. Maybe you find something easy or not so stressful. If you CAN.

- Being 2 years unemployed on purpose will lower your chances to find a new job. Again, even a simple easy job is better.

- Family eh? Try not to be too much of a milking cow for people, even family. If its your wife/kids/husband asf. ok. But try to support family only if that is absolutely necessary. Some people are waaay to nice for their own good. Unless you REALLY love and trust your family.

- Why do you need to leave the country? And why did you clusterfuck?? It's difficult to advise with so little info. Do you have any masterplan what to do AFTER these 2 years? That is what I don't get. Or do you just want to make a 2 years break because you need some rest and quiet?

If you want to speak about specifics you can always PM me. Though as I said, I am not well versed in money and such things. Oh and IMVPO: be sure to have SOME part of your savings in Gold and/or Silver. There is always that chance of a money crash. Just to be on the safe side.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

Life is about risk. Some more, some less! As far as work goes, do what will make you happy@!! Never settle for ;-D

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    @elikal
    Ummm... After 2 years ill prolly have some software or something i could sell as a business and i could prolly grow it from there unless i get the help of other people then it could shorten it quite a bit. But working alone will have the perk of me knowing everything about the dev cycle n i can make tools for my use to increase productivity and im 100% sure 2 years is more than enough to make something im happy with along with any editor id need. I made the mistake of underestimating time i needed before and im not going to do that anymore.

Im mostly helpig support mom and grandma. Theyve done so much for me i dont want to burden them at all..

Umm as for the clusterness umm... I assumed i was safe because i was one of the best programmers in our division. But im also one of the odd ones out. Theres 2 of us who arent of their race and were both pretty much feeli g like were screwed tbh.

Right-o leaving country because of visa issues.

As for the risk thing i feel like i hae nothing now... Like... Why bother when my main reason to be here is for the hrt... And i just feel so stressed and angry... Part of me wants to scream out at my boss that im not some unskilled noob like majority of the people... Part of me wants to walk off and prove them wrong by crushing them hostile business takeover-like...

It sucks...

@powder

Work doesnt make me happy or sad. Its just a way to pass time and earn money. Work leaves me in a neutral state because im too busy trying to make/fix something and not think of anything.
    As for what makes me happy? Eehhh... Too silly to put up :3

Edit : i forgot i had to do the br thing on the phone to add blank lines o.o

( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

@elikal Ummm... After 2 years ill prolly have some software or something i could sell as a business and i could prolly grow it from there unless i get the help of other people then it could shorten it quite a bit. But working alone will have the perk of me knowing everything about the dev cycle n i can make tools for my use to increase productivity and im 100% sure 2 years is more than enough to make something im happy with along with any editor id need. I made the mistake of underestimating time i needed before and im not going to do that anymore. Im mostly helpig support mom and grandma. Theyve done so much for me i dont want to burden them at all.. Umm as for the clusterness umm... I assumed i was safe because i was one of the best programmers in our division. But im also one of the odd ones out. Theres 2 of us who arent of their race and were both pretty much feeli g like were screwed tbh. Right-o leaving country because of visa issues. As for the risk thing i feel like i hae nothing now... Like... Why bother when my main reason to be here is for the hrt... And i just feel so stressed and angry... Part of me wants to scream out at my boss that im not some unskilled noob like majority of the people... Part of me wants to walk off and prove them wrong by crushing them hostile business takeover-like... It sucks...

*hug*

I am sorry to hear your life went bad. I am way too bad with business to really give any solid advise, especially when it comes to be self-employed. You seem like a very caring person. Seems to contain many uncertain variables. Speak with your family and loved ones. I honestly wish you luck in whatever you do. In business one should however have at least one or two who you trust. Don't shoulder all alone. Ask your family. Or friends, if you feel you can rely on them.

Sorry I have so little advise. Again, IF you can better work and not consume your savings. Even if its simple work, for a while.

You can always add me on Facebook, if you ever wanna talk. I am "Elikal Ialborcales". (Be sure to drop a note who you are, if you decide to add me. ^^)

Wish you the best. <3

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    ^__^ thAanks!

i dont have fbook though. I only have like..2-3 friends irl lol. And they cant really help unless they can employ me just to stay here o.O

i guess km off to ask my family tomorrow x.x its just hard cuz they have such high expectations of me >_<

ill try a job but tbh i dont think anyonr would hire me.. I prefer to be overqualified aka grind till im 10 levels higher than the zone till i join groups there if you get that analogy o.o. Also it has to be in the same field or somefing iirc...

Bbut thaaanks elikaaaal ^__*

( o.o)
    (")(")

^__^ thAanks!
    i dont have fbook though. I only have like..2-3 friends irl lol. And they cant really help unless they can employ me just to stay here o.O

i guess km off to ask my family tomorrow x.x its just hard cuz they have such high expectations of me >_<

ill try a job but tbh i dont think anyonr would hire me.. I prefer to be overqualified aka grind till im 10 levels higher than the zone till i join groups there if you get that analogy o.o. Also it has to be in the same field or somefing iirc...

Bbut thaaanks elikaaaal ^__*

You might consider going to Fbook, it can be a way to make contacts, maybe likeminded people. But maybe I am not naive. ^^